View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    All that is required is a google translate of the headline

*shrugs*

The same military planners would [probably] also have thought that the warsaw pact smashing western europe was conceivable.. not unavoidable
    Apparently that is beyond him, though.

Do note how he reported it as "inevitable" instead of "conceivable".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I figured as much, but you never really know until proven otherwise.
    I always give the benefit of doubt regarding malice, thus the assumption that he is incapable instead of intentionally lying.
    He is free to protest that assumption any time he wishes to admit to the alternative in which case I will report him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Sincere apologies for that link, but at the time it was new news and all I could find.
    Yes, that's because it is a non-issue and not something news worthy.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-11-06 at 06:27 PM. Reason: wording

With the lack of democratic clarity in Austrian/German government and no end in sight to the confusion, the arrest and locking up of elected Spanish leaders, still a financial horror story in many of the bankrupt PIIGS wouldn't it be better to just recognise the failure of nationhood in Europe and tell it as it is?

The reality is those Belgian colonies you reside in would be better served by its peoples being governed by direct rule from the drunk Emperor Juncker and the demotion of national governance to that of local council status.

Surely pro EUers such as yourselves would have no objection to the rise of the new Belgian empire, but don't you EU colonialists have a duty to let all the people in Europe know what is planned for their future governance? Like the start of all dictatorships I expect you think to get away with it by stealth, but some of your citizens as proved by the re-emergence of the far right, might want a tea party. Now the British are going are they enough to stop him?

All hail your new Emperor I guess, unlike you I am glad we will no longer have to kneel before him.
    Just because you don't understand our constitution, or rather, have no interest in informing yourself if you can just talk out of your ass instead, doesn't mean that there's no democratic clarity. To people that are interested, there is absolute clarity in the proceedings and who's in charge. The hierarchy is very precisely defined, up to the minute it switches, actually.

Not sure why you call it the "new Belgian empire", but hey, I wouldn't mind being ruled by the actual Belgians. Their waffles are legendary and they seem to be swell dudes all around. Go ahead Belgian Overlords!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Did you at all read the article you linked to? Cause they don't appear to be calling it inevitable so much as an imaginable possibility there.
    Apparently, in England they don't plan ahead unless the danger is actually imminent and probability has risen to actual, literal scientific certainty. It would explain why they didn't move an inch to stop Hitler when all the signs were pointing towards the madness he was diving into. And the downfall of their Empire. And why their national team couldn't win any football tournament if their lives depended on it.

Wow, so many answers for so many unasked questions with just that realization... Thank you, my mind is successfully blown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    There is no evidence that he is lying, it is equablly plausible that he does not speak/read the language.
    He has quite the history of intentional misdirection like that. It's on purpose, or at the very least malicious ignorance in that he should've known better but intentionally doesn't inform himself to "stay honest" or something like that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not sure why you call it the "new Belgian empire", but hey, I wouldn't mind being ruled by the actual Belgians. Their waffles are legendary and they seem to be swell dudes all around. Go ahead Belgian Overlords!
    But don't you know: According to the Belgians here is only one real Belgian (the king) everyone else is either Flemish or Wallonian--and he is German.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    But don't you know: According to the Belgians here is only one real Belgian (the king) everyone else is either Flemish or Wallonian--and he is German.
    Is that so? Fuck, so even when I want to denounce my German nationality and be ruled by a different nation it's just us Germans being Overlords again... HOW EXACTLY are we supposed to not rule this continent if we have sleepers in every goddamn nation. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Is that so? Fuck, so even when I want to denounce my German nationality and be ruled by a different nation it's just us Germans being Overlords again... HOW EXACTLY are we supposed to not rule this continent if we have sleepers in every goddamn nation. :P
    It's because there were so many small German states that everyone who was new and needed to set up their own royality (like Belgium) or managed to get rid of everyone elegible due to shortsighted cattiness and intrigue (England) or several other reasons (Poland, Greece, Spain, Denmark (indirectly),... ; at some point in time) always found something suitable among German aristocraty (German as in its original meaning "from German speaking regions").

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Those articles are misrepresenting it.
    There is enough noise to suggest that Germany is seriously contemplating the end of the EU with their military strategists trying to decide after considering many options on a final solution. If we weren't leaving I'd be very worried. GJ we voted for Brexit.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

There is enough noise to suggest that Germany is seriously contemplating the end of the EU with their military strategists trying to decide after considering many options on a final solution.
    Uh...according to whom, exactly?

Contingency plans are just that - plans in case of certain outcomes. Governments have contingency plans for all kinds of events that are statistically unlikely to occur and they never plan on experiencing, but feel it prudent to be prepared for just in case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Contingency plans are just that - plans in case of certain outcomes. Governments have contingency plans for all kinds of events that are statistically unlikely to occur and they never plan on experiencing, but feel it prudent to be prepared for just in case.
    But if you enter a marriage as Germany did with the EU, yet constantly plan for divorce, it doesn't say much about your choice of partner or the current state of your relationship, let alone the chances of a long happy future together.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

But if you enter a marriage as Germany did with the EU, yet constantly plan for divorce, it doesn't say much about your choice of partner or the current state of your relationship, let alone the chances of a long happy future together.
    That doesn't say who, so I'm going to assume the noise is largely in your own personal circle rather than in the public sphere.

And constantly plan for a divorce? Germany is updating plans based off of Brexit adding in a new wrinkle and affecting their previously created contingency plans, how scandalous and damning!

Is that really the best arguments you can come up with? Because to be honest, that's pretty pathetic.

Even for some where it is not even a question of prudence, just a fantasy scenario for training purposes.

15+ Year Old Account

Look you're talking to a brit, they have shown to not have contingency plans, example a: brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Except zombie apocalypse. No government would waste time drafting a contengency plan for a zomb...

Oh wait, nevermind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Look you're talking to a brit, they have shown to not have contingency plans, example a: brexit.
    the sad part is people think he might be the exception he ain't. To my surprise a welsh long driver was around in my local pub tonight and despite debating with him bringing out facts and numbers they always fall back on "we'll control our borders again and that's worth everything" what is fucking absurd since his job is on the first line to be completely fucked over by the current way things are going.

There is enough noise to suggest that Germany is seriously contemplating the end of the EU with their military strategists trying to decide after considering many options on a final solution. If we weren't leaving I'd be very worried. GJ we voted for Brexit.
    You're being dishonest again.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're being dishonest again.
    No not at all, you are being deaf. Just a quick google of germany strategic perspective 2040 brings up thousands of references to your military leaded document and the likelihood of a collapse of the EU. That is more than a lot of noise that you choose not to hear. If that is what the leaked documents say imagine what is in the still secret ones.

No not at all, you are being deaf. Just a quick google of germany strategic perspective 2040 brings up thousands of references to your military leaded document and the likelihood of a collapse of the EU. That is more than a lot of noise that you choose not to hear. If that is what the leaked documents say imagine what is in the still secret ones.
    That is just because there are so many people interested in anything that mentions Germany.
    I bet you didn't even look at those "reverences", they are probably all about refuting that conspiracy theory you are trying to peddle here.

Link?

/10char

Deleted
    Contigency plans are drawn up for many unlikely scenarios, some combat training the British gutter press latches onto and blows out of proportion has no real wider importance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Link?

/10char
    You want more? I have already given you several. But sure you want more I am obliged, warning there are thousands.

Leaked German military doc predicts EU collapse

Feel free to ask for more, always happy to help.

You want more? I have already given you several. But sure you want more I am obliged, warning there are thousands.

Leaked German military doc predicts EU collapse

Feel free to ask for more, always happy to help.
    Countries have contingency plans for worst case scenarios?

How truly scandalous.

Are you seriously freaking out over very routine and standard contingency planning that every developed nations does for a variety of situations?