View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Is anyone else getting weirdness in this thread? It's saying there are pages 631 and 632, but when I try to go to them, it keeps me on page 630?
    This forum has issues with ghost pages when a thread eventually gets long enough.

Probably a sign a new thread could be in order.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    hovering over page 632 button, it says "Show results 12,621 to 12,637 of 12,637"

are the # assigned to every posting subject to roll back in event of a purge ?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Is anyone else getting weirdness in this thread? It's saying there are pages 631 and 632, but when I try to go to them, it keeps me on page 630?
    We have a lot of posts that have been deleted. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Let's just report this to a mod so they can sort it out. Or a SuperMod, I think this might need one of those.
    yep, we are back at 630 pages and no "overflowing" numbers now

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    There is no humor in jeffy’s trolling, a week or so back he was mocking the murder of an infant child. He’s not funny, he’s sick in the head and best ignored.
    Sheesh, someone must have hated the holidays... glad I was just skimming the thread back then.

Just talked to a British salesman today, steered the topic towards Brexit because... well, we kinda need to know what their situation is. He sounded very frustrated. Said they had a training session in autumn scheduled but cancelled it, because they didn't know what to train for. Not sure what the Dribs' and others are thinking, but the real people that actually work in this environment are not happy about it at all. This isn't just news articles anymore, this is actual people that don't know what their work is going to be like in less than a quarter.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    So Sainsbury's and Tesco both say that fresh food supply will be compromised with no-deal
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1P41VB
    we don't want your ethnic food like banana's anyway, only oatmeal and parsnips from here on out.

Disaster capitalism will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    we don't want your ethnic food like banana's anyway, only oatmeal and parsnips from here on out.

Disaster capitalism will be fun.
    Well, you do have sheep. Lots of them. We pay quite a bit extra for good mutton.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like a teenager that keeps telling dead baby jokes, the shock value feeds their fragile self-esteem.
    Ha, I like myself a good dark joke. But that isn't even funny.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shinzō Abe says ‘the whole world’ wants the UK to secure an agreement. but will brexiters get the message nobody likes all those "no deal will be totally fun later" fantasies ?
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...without-a-deal

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-deal-proposal

another day, another idea to re-negotiate with EU.
    does the EU speak kisuaheli or what is so difficult about the reality of "not going to happen" ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-deal-proposal

another day, another idea to re-negotiate with EU.
    does the EU speak kisuaheli or what is so difficult about the reality of "not going to happen" ?
    From the article:

At that point, some Brexiters believe they may be able to persuade the prime minister to accept writing a change to the Irish backstop into the withdrawal agreement.
    Oh really, she just gets to write stuff into the agreement unilaterally? And the only reason she didn't do it is because she's a spiteful old hag that wants to irritate people? This is such a joke.

This is typical of the British... They aren't dealing with the issue at all, to them it's just another tool in a domestic struggle for power. And they barely even fathom that all of this isn't about Tories or Labour. This is about Britain and the EU. They keep ignoring the EU, talking about GEs as if they still had the time for that... what is it, 7 weeks now? How long until they realise that nothing they do actually matters at that time? I'd say if they vote down "May's agreement" (which really is the Britain-EU agreement) that'll be the point of no return. They're too confused, too deluded and too clueless to change anything meaningful beyond that. They're also running out of time. Fast.

Hardly any talk without taking a poke at the Tories and praising Labour... no concept of "the whole nation" being in trouble. Things would not improve with Corbyn, because he seems to be quite deluded. Getting to be PM seems to be more important to him than whether or not Britain suffers or not. He repeats the usual labour/left centrist party slogans without actually engaging in problem solving.

Nobody should give a shit about a Labour Brexit plan. There is no alternative, no plan B. The options are still the same they were 2 months ago: No deal, Withdrawal agreement or cancel Art. 50. That's it. There is no time to make up another agreement, these are the only options left. And they are probably quite out of time to cancel Art. 50 according to the British constitutional system, a condition the EU ECJ has set for a valid cancellation of Art. 50.

It's happening.. next week we'll know where the train is going. I predict stock markets crashing on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-01-10 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's rather ironic if you see where the UK used to be and how they post world war 2 did so much self harm that they have almost zero global influence.

I get how some of these older folks want a return back to that but it's never going to happen. How well you play the globalist game how better your global standing, their constant state of denial won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

Hardly any talk without taking a poke at the Tories and praising Labour... no concept of "the whole nation" being in trouble. Things would not improve with Corbyn, because he seems to be quite deluded. Getting to be PM seems to be more important to him than whether or not Britain suffers or not. He repeats the usual labour/left centrist party slogans without actually engaging in problem solving.

Nobody should give a shit about a Labour Brexit plan. There is no alternative, no plan B. The options are still the same they were 2 months ago: No deal, Withdrawal agreement or cancel Art. 50. That's it. There is no time to make up another agreement, these are the only options left. And they are probably quite out of time to cancel Art. 50 according to the British constitutional system, a condition the EU ECJ has set for a valid cancellation of Art. 50.

It's happening.. next week we'll know where the train is going. I predict stock markets crashing on Wednesday.
    How exactly do you expect them to engage in "problem solving" while being in opposition? They certainly cannot solve it for May while not being in power as long as they cannot accept her deal.

"Whole nation" is in trouble because of Tories, no matter if people voted Leave or Remain.

His point is that clearly UK is in need for reform. Reform that is - as far as i see, he doesn't make such argument, obviously - easier to do outside of EU; with entrenched elite that is easier to overturn once Brexit happens and elite-caused failure will be obvious.

Once it happens perhaps UK can rejoin, get a better deal with actual, clear purpose (rather then "- We wish for this! - No."), or perhaps they can actually succeed on their own.

Clearly their politics are incompatible with (current) EU approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    How exactly do you expect them to engage in "problem solving" while being in opposition? They certainly cannot solve it for May while not being in power as long as they cannot accept her deal.

"Whole nation" is in trouble because of Tories, no matter if people voted Leave or Remain.

His point is that clearly UK is in need for reform. Reform that is - as far as i see, he doesn't make such argument, obviously - easier to do outside of EU; with entrenched elite that is easier to overturn once Brexit happens and elite-caused failure will be obvious.

Once it happens perhaps UK can rejoin, get a better deal with actual, clear purpose (rather then "- We wish for this! - No."), or perhaps they can actually succeed on their own.

Clearly their politics are incompatible with (current) EU approach.
    The EU has nothing to do with domestic politics. Reforms aren't hindered or even slowed down by the EU at all. They can be on the moon for all I care and they'd still not get reforms going, because the problem isn't the EU. It's this kind of blind power struggle that's preventing reforms.

But this isn't the time to be talking about reforms, either. It just isn't. There is a time to talk about a reform and there is a time to talk about the dismantlement of the relationships that are the basis for your economy, aka Brexit. And this is not the former.

The EU has nothing to do with domestic politics. Reforms aren't hindered or even slowed down by the EU at all. They can be on the moon for all I care and they'd still not get reforms going, because the problem isn't the EU. It's this kind of blind power struggle that's preventing reforms.
    Problem is elites benefiting from "special EU status"; that is what makes them wield power, and that is what makes it harder to unseat them.

Once benefits end their status soon follows. And, as far as i see, Corbyn is certainly not pro-City politician. He talks about unity for people of the country, not money-grabbing elites.

But this isn't the time to be talking about reforms, either. It just isn't. There is a time to talk about a reform and there is a time to talk about the dismantlement of the relationships that are the basis for your economy, aka Brexit. And this is not the former.
    They have no confidence in May handling of it; you don't have confidence in her either as you frequently mocked her team's approach, so why would you insist on UK Labour accepting her deal?

It is bad deal. Once accepted those "temporary" backstops might as well become permanent and harder to re-negotiate. Starting negotiations from no-deal can be easier in the future (not easy, easier).

Problem is elites benefiting from "special EU status"; that is what makes them wield power, and that is what makes it harder to unseat them.

Once benefits end their status soon follows. And, as far as i see, Corbyn is certainly not pro-City politician. He talks about unity for people of the country, not money-grabbing elites.

They have no confidence in May handling of it; you don't have confidence in her either as you frequently mocked her team's approach, so why would you insist on UK Labour accepting her deal?

It is bad deal. Once accepted those "temporary" backstops might as well become permanent and harder to re-negotiate. Starting negotiations from no-deal can be easier in the future (not easy, easier).
    It is a bad deal. I never endorsed it. Anything but cancelling Brexit will put the UK in a worse spot. But what I'm criticizing right now is the UK actually wasting time with the circus in the Commons.

And there will be no "renegotiations" of the withdrawal agreement. It's take it or leave it at this point. Once they're out, with or without agreement, the current agreement on the table will be enacted and as soon as that's finished, it's just a historic document to vanish into textbooks for students to learn in a few decades.

What will be negotiated is a new trade arrangement. And no-deal or deal... really doesn't matter. The negotiating power the UK has will rely entirely on what they can offer. And the EU is a pro at trade talks. No idea how having your economy suffereing in a no deal situation and the country being desperate for a trade deal is making things "easier" for the junior in those negotiations. But a Putinista that wanks off to the idea of a divded West surely would support such a ridiculous notion...

It is a bad deal. I never endorsed it. Anything but cancelling Brexit will put the UK in a worse spot. But what I'm criticizing right now is the UK actually wasting time with the circus in the Commons.
    Wasting time how exactly? What should he had pursued instead in your opinion?

There is no stopping Brexit "in time", there is no political will to overturn it or to run referendum to "remain", in fact there seems to be no unified political position about anything.

Just like with Brexit voting itself, everyone wants different things from this crisis.

As for circus, you could try refreshing memory of European Parliament by checking some old Farage videos... :P

And there will be no "renegotiations" of the withdrawal agreement. It's take it or leave it at this point. Once they're out, with or without agreement, the current agreement on the table will be enacted and as soon as that's finished, it's just a historic document to vanish into textbooks for students to learn in a few decades.
    If anything is obvious, it is that there will be no "take it"; if there was will to take it it would be voted in last December.

What will be negotiated is a new trade arrangement. And no-deal or deal... really doesn't matter. The negotiating power the UK has will rely entirely on what they can offer. And the EU is a pro at trade talks. No idea how having your economy suffereing in a no deal situation and the country being desperate for a trade deal is making things "easier" for the junior in those negotiations. But a Putinista that wanks off to the idea of a divded West surely would support such a ridiculous notion...
    No country is "desperate" for trade deal; trade deals are supposed to benefit both sides, if one side is "desperate" then benefits are obviously too skewed in one direction.

In fact, it looks more like EU is "desperate" to get their deal accepted by repeating that no other deal is on the table while UK politicians are taking their sweet time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thank you for the official message of your turnips masters but it is well know the Kremlin prefers an unstable EU and no surprise just as you are their echo chamber are in support of those creating the most chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Well thank you for the official message of your turnips masters but it is well know the Kremlin prefers an unstable EU and no surprise just as you are their echo chamber are in support of those creating the most chaos.
    EU is trying to push for bad deal to UK and decent deal for themselves (given a situation), it is only fair that bad deals should be rejected.

EU is trying to push for bad deal to UK and decent deal for themselves (given a situation), it is only fair that bad deals should be rejected.
    The EU is basically giving the UK the best deal it legally can with the red lines UK gave themselves. No more no less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets try it with an easier to understand example:

Imagine you want to write propaganda for your government. You're really good at it, and because of that you think you should get at least 1000 turnips a month.

Now a normal writer earns 70, but they know you're good so they're offering you 100 turnips a month.

That's a great offer from them, and the best they can do. It is still a far way off from your 1000 turnips, and so you would think its a bad offer.

From the outside though it is clear that this is the best they can do, and your demand was just hogwash to begin with.