Testing on dummies with Bloodlust

Hello Guys,

An ideas i got for some time now.

Make a "reset CD/debuffs button" in the damage test dummies area. Several way to do it, like talking to the dummies directly, or having an extra button in the area... I need to do some testing with bloodlust, and wait 10 min between each try is way too much.

I don't think this is too complicate to do, and I don't see any cons to it.. tell me what you think.

Thanks for reading me.

Sqnk

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, should be a possible change, quite funny it hasn't been thought of. Unless it has something to do with WPvP and city attackers, else, shouldn't be a problem with an NPC interaction or the likes for a reset.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    While you're at it add a function to use temporary flask buffs at the dummies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, should be a possible change, quite funny it hasn't been thought of. Unless it has something to do with WPvP and city attackers, else, shouldn't be a problem with an NPC interaction or the likes for a reset.
    Could be something usable in only certain areas like order hall dummies maybe?

I think that's a really good idea if they implemented it in a way that couldn't be exploited. Obviously you can sim yourself unlimited times but it'd be nice to get a real world feeling as well. Also It'd be nice to have more single target dummy options. Every target dummy in my order hall is close enough to other ones that I cleave them unintentionally with spells such as Avengers Shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    While you're at it add a function to use temporary flask buffs at the dummies as well.
    Nah, think it should just stretch for personal buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Could be something usable in only certain areas like order hall dummies maybe?
    Could be indeed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    May be used for exploits. Better add dummies and buffs to an alternate version of the proving grounds.
    Someone take this idea to the Battle net forums

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    May be used for exploits. Better add dummies and buffs to an alternate version of the proving grounds.
    ^ boom.

exploits would def happen. Putting proving grounds scenario tech to good use = fantastic idea. (i'd use it.)

Or some brawl instance tech, so you can also see other players.

I understand the exploit thing. But there is ways to do it safely, like creating a little separate map with dummies. It's just one more loading screen.

In my order hall (DK) proving ground NPC is close to target dummies, so when i want to reset my cds i start proving ground scenario and then leave. Maybe this method is applicable in other order halls too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqnk View Post
    Hello Guys,

An ideas i got for some time now.

Make a "reset CD/debuffs button" in the damage test dummies area. Several way to do it, like talking to the dummies directly, or having an extra button in the area... I need to do some testing with bloodlust, and wait 10 min between each try is way too much.

I don't think this is too complicate to do, and I don't see any cons to it.. tell me what you think.

Thanks for reading me.

Sqnk
    Well they already have implemented a speed-up of CDs buff in the game, so it should not be too hard to have an NPC near the target dummies give characters a buff, that gives them 500% CD speed-up while not in combat inside the area.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

For testing stats purposes they should just make like a 40 yards aoe range around the dummies where you have like a pannel where you can click on what buffs you want and to take it a step furter would be good to also just be able to apply different enchats/gems on your items to compare statweights live and the moment you step out of that aoe all effects/changes insta dissapear be it heartstone, accept a que and get tpd in a dungeon /raid. Would basically allow to compare results to any sim you'd do in parallel in simcraft/pawn/amr. That or everything i said above in a scenario like instace similar to the proving grounds.

I am taking this to the suggestion blizzard forum. Thanks for your opinions guys. I'll keep this thread updated if i have a blue post answer.