Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The life after Burning Legion?

I just reliazed how big of a deal we are going throu. We met these guys 12 years ago and now all to be over soon enough.

Its a bit wierd feeling isnt it? Its actually starts to feel like, we are going to "beat" the game.

I wonder how the next expansion is going to be. It must very new in terms of lore(in fact we don't know a whole lot about void lords, so the writers can be more flexible and dramatic).

Personally I would expect 2 more expansions(just like MoP to WoD, Alleria being the big boss of the 1st and her leaders during 2nd expansion)and after that we are done? Just like that?

Do you have any thoughts?

Take note - If you whine about:
    1)No flying.
    2)Good old times when you were 15 years younger.
    2)Just for the sake of it.

Please, do NOT not contribute to my thread, but use of the many other threads(this thread is dedicated for real wow players/supporters). So off with you. Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-12 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it does feel weird. back in the days, we had the belief of the Old Gods and the Legion to be our biggest threats and now, the curtain has been lifted and the stairs goes deeper into the mountain.

To be honest, now that we're told that the Legion isn't that group of big shots anymore, gives me new views. We've been teased a lot in Legion of seeing old friends yet never struck against them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it as the beginning of the end

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they continue to clear up known foes for the near future before writing deeply into an void lord expansion off-planet.

Azshara's Naga Army never been truly dealt with, Vash'jir was only an outpost at best, due to the Rift connection to Abyssal Maw/water elemental plane.

As is the uncertainty of some Old Gods. Only Y'shaarj seems truly dead in canon, altho there's a whisper from the priest artifact.

Xal'atath whispers: It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.

C'thun been fairly unknown, previously known as dead, then we got a comic that transformed Cho'gall to his spiked eye-body form.

And now we got a "stab" wound in silthus with energy seeping out neaby Ahn'qiraj.

N'zoth seems certainly the most powerful remaining named force on the planet. Speculation exist the Kraken like Ozumat are actually his minions/similarities.

N'zoth also often mentioned as the one beneath the waves, we get some tentacle corruption in places like Vasj'ir and BlackFathom deeps, especially BFD tentacles look a lot like Kraken/Ozumat-style.

Not to be confused with the "whale" like kraken.

We deal with kraken eggs in Broken shore, briefly, Khadgar mentions they gotta be dealt with. I assume he means before they mature/grow powerful. As they can take down ships.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get an island expansion, to see a lot more Squid/Krakens.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-12 at 01:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in what this means for new environments in the future. We know that all clues are pointing to an Azeroth based expansion next (likely involving Kul'tiras and Old Gods), but perhaps the expansion after that could be involving worlds infested by the void. As far as the way I feel about the Burning Legion being over, I don't know if anything really resolves with Blizzard. We may be done now, but in 4 expansions, they could suddenly be all "Guess who's back" again. We killed the Lich King and there "Must always be a Lich King." They don't want to eliminate anything permanently if they can avoid it. They brought Illidan back this expansion. We were all pretty sure he was done in BC and surprise, alternate reality Gul'dan (look another dead character, but now from another reality) comes back and reveals that Illidan was merely imprisoned. No matter how thoroughly we deal with a threat, if Blizzard wants to bring it back, it will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    if Blizzard wants to bring it back, it will be back.
    My guess is we have a 3 expansion story arc out of void/light. things happen, we defeat stuff, and save azeroth. Then, Finally Azeroth Awakens as the Titan she was always meant to be. Seemingly a force of good, we align ourselves with her. 1 thing, she is the last titan, she is alone. She needs the pantheon to feel complete and not go insane. but guess what, pantheon is trapped with Sargeras in his prison. She empowers a new fleet of dragon aspects (new hero class) and we go back the seat of the pantheon to release the titans and keep Sargeras imprisoned. BAM illy boy and sargeras back in the plot -- but from an interesting angle imo -- and then we have more expansions about that story arc, possibly finding new worlds as we eventually get to the end of WoW. then world of starcraft is announce, Raynor is a descendent of Varian Wrynn and now that all the cosmic "titans and old gods" are completly gone, we just have to worry about races like the zerg, protoss and who knows who else blizzard can get going to have 3 faction system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I just hope they continue to clear up known foes for the near future before writing deeply into an void lord expansion off-planet.

Azshara's Naga Army never been truly dealt with, Vash'jir was only an outpost at best, due to the Rift connection to Abyssal Maw/water elemental plane.

As is the uncertainty of some Old Gods. Only Y'shaarj seems truly dead in canon, altho there's a whisper from the priest artifact.

Xal'atath whispers: It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be.

C'thun been fairly unknown, previously known as dead, then we got a comic that transformed Cho'gall to his spiked eye-body form.

And now we got a "stab" wound in silthus with energy seeping out neaby Ahn'qiraj.

N'zoth seems certainly the most powerful remaining named force on the planet. Speculation exist the Kraken like Ozumat are actually his minions/similarities.

N'zoth also often mentioned as the one beneath the waves, we get some tentacle corruption in places like Vasj'ir and BlackFathom deeps, especially BFD tentacles look a lot like Kraken/Ozumat-style.

Not to be confused with the "whale" like kraken.

We deal with kraken eggs in Broken shore, briefly, Khadgar mentions they gotta be dealt with. I assume he means before they mature/grow powerful. As they can take down ships.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get an island expansion, to see a lot more Squid/Krakens.
    All the things you mention can be in 1 or 1½ expansion. I really don't see any reason to prolong after 2 expansion(4-5 years after all and reaching its impressive 20th anniversary). After that it might turn to F2P and live for nostalgia and smaller patches.

I really start to see the end. I want to say i was there from start to end and get old.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-12 at 01:19 PM.

Anything after kicking the Bruning Legions head in is going to be anticlimactic imho.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    All the things you mention can be in 1 or 1½ expansion. I really don't see any reason to prolong after 2 expansion(4-5 years after all). After that it might turn to F2P and live for nostalgia and smaller patches.

I really start to see the end. I want to say i was there from start to end and get old.
    That's what I mean, I wish them to dealt with N'zoth and Naga in 1 expansion, maybe pirates/trolls as side-mid-tier enemies.

Also sea-based enemies fit perfect with an island expansion, maybe incorporate a few existing Coastal zones in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor as well to modernize them.

Naga-invasions on beaches of Westfall/Wetlands/Barrens/Durotar similar to Legion-invasions could be timed zone-events or whatever. (could be far more zones as there's a lot of coastline in night elven/forsaken/neutral lands as well)

Could also improve the leveling experience/scaling zones (doesn't need to be level 110+) but cataclysm story in a few zones is really out of place right now. And maybe add the blood elf/draenei zones to their respective main continents.

And only go crazy off-planet stuff again later on, they can obviously write many new planets/void/ethereal enemies whenever they feel like.

But it simply doesn't feel right to me if they suddenly go like "hey we go fight this void lord first while azeroth is still infected with "parasite" called nzoth & potentially Yogg'Saron/C'thun.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-12 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    That's what I mean, I wish them to dealt with N'zoth and Naga in 1 expansion, maybe pirates/trolls as side-mid-tier enemies.

Also sea-based enemies fit perfect with an island expansion, maybe incorporate a few existing Coastal zones in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor as well to modernize leveling experience/scaling zones (doesn't need to be level 110+) but cataclysm story in a few zones is really out of place right now.

And only go crazy off-planet stuff again later on, they can obviously write many new planets/void/ethereal enemies whenever they feel like.

But it simply doesn't feel right to me if they suddenly go like "hey we go fight this void lord first while azeroth is still infected with "parasite" called nzoth & potentially Yogg'Saron/C'thun.
    But Old Gods and the Void goes and hand in hand? Old gods are pets for void lords.

My logic says, that the first expansion will play out like you mention and the 2nd will be void lord centric. After that, i really hope we end on a high note, because it gonna be super lame with another Lich King expansion or "omega void lords are coming".
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-12 at 01:33 PM.

Fel is one of the fundamental forces of the universe. Fel is losing its primary advocate in the burning legion but fel itself isnt going away.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulazibah View Post
    My guess is we have a 3 expansion story arc out of void/light. things happen, we defeat stuff, and save azeroth. Then, Finally Azeroth Awakens as the Titan she was always meant to be. Seemingly a force of good, we align ourselves with her. 1 thing, she is the last titan, she is alone. She needs the pantheon to feel complete and not go insane. but guess what, pantheon is trapped with Sargeras in his prison. She empowers a new fleet of dragon aspects (new hero class) and we go back the seat of the pantheon to release the titans and keep Sargeras imprisoned. BAM illy boy and sargeras back in the plot -- but from an interesting angle imo -- and then we have more expansions about that story arc, possibly finding new worlds as we eventually get to the end of WoW. then world of starcraft is announce, Raynor is a descendent of Varian Wrynn and now that all the cosmic "titans and old gods" are completly gone, we just have to worry about races like the zerg, protoss and who knows who else blizzard can get going to have 3 faction system.
    And the crowd goes wild, people are shitting their pants, yelling in excitement, there's a riot and 6 people die trampled by crazy fans.

I always thought Sargeras shouldve been the very last boss of this game and that Blizz has blown there load to early.

I hope after the void stuff the game ends and brings on a new WoW. This has been a great game but it does need a end. My guy can only do so much stuff in his lifetime. He has been around since launch and still kicking butt after all these years.
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

It does feel slightly wierd that we've come so far as to defeat the Legion on their own turf. But I like it.

I'm looking forward to the next age of Warcraft where the Legion isn't the big threat waiting for us in the darkness. Now it'll be the actual darkness in the form of the Void. :P

Then we'll see how long it'll take us to get to the point where the Void Lords aren't a threat anymore and something new shows up. :P

I legit think xalatath is going to be the next baddie.

Spriests have been notoriousl strong this xpack and it wouks be a suprise factor if PLAYERS make the next baddie. We stop sarg but unknowingly make the 5th okd god from a dagger

Deleted
    After that it might turn to F2P and live for nostalgia and smaller patches.
    the end is FAR FAR away....thats the beauty of mmos.... just look at eq....

and stop for a moment to do some math and you will see f2p is not gonna happen anytime soon:
    - lets say for a start wow is down to 100.000 players
    - lets say blizzard gets from each of them 13 buck / month (yes we ignore the more income through tokens)
    => that is 1.300.000 bucks per month or 15.600.000 bucks per year
    you really think ANYONE in it for the money would just throw that away?
    (especially someone who has to report to shareholders?)

Deleted
    Maybe we could FINALLY find some time to get rid of the alliance once and for all after this legion thing is dealt with. Make Warcraft war again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Maybe we could FINALLY find some time to get rid of the alliance once and for all after this legion thing is dealt with. Make Warcraft war again.
    The war against the Legion was a war. Don't be selective about defining Warcraft.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Ummm, bit of a logical contradiction here. If you get rid of the Alliance, the war will be over. It'll just be petty internal squabbles in the Horde. You want to keep the Alliance. I mean, who would you take the piss out of if they were gone? You couldn't even say "kek" to anyone. You'd only have lol.

I just reliazed how big of a deal we are going throu. We met these guys 12 years ago and now all to be over soon enough.

Its a bit wierd feeling isnt it? Its actually starts to feel like, we are going to "beat" the game.
    Not for the first time though. I mean, defeating Arthas was in many ways "beating the game", for a lot of people, especially as he and the Scourge seemed much more of a focus in early WoW (and demons more remnants than a threat, at least until TBC - but we defeated them then too).

Plus we first met the Legion 15 years ago, not 12, well if we played WC3. That was when the Legion seemed like the biggest threat, to me anyway.

It certainly is a bit weird though, and the question of "where do we go from here?" is a real one. We don't even have names for the Void Lords, nor personalities, and if they're all nebulous purple-black blob-things that's probably not going to be super-compelling. I think it helps that the light is shaping up to be not-so-nice either.