Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And after he personally breaks it...

The Democrats ObamaCare is imploding. Massive subsidy payments to their pet insurance companies has stopped. Dems should call me to fix!
    It's a goddamn hostage situation. He's putting lives at risk so he can force Democrats to help him get rid of the ACA. There's times that I think he's just mentally incompetent and broken, and then there's times like this, where he shows he's literally evil.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    And after he personally breaks it...

It's a goddamn hostage situation. He's putting lives at risk so he can force Democrats to help him get rid of the ACA. There's times that I think he's just mentally incompetent and broken, and then there's times like this, where he shows he's literally evil.
    We all saw this coming. He would cripple it just so he could brag how he is the only one that can fix what he broke.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    25th Amendment Case 1106

Fake news! That's an old video, totally misrepresenting him! This is what really happened.

I found this gem on /r/The_Donald (this is the only critical comment)!
    "An absolutely brilliant move". I voted for Trump and supported him but I can not fathom how somebody could possibly call putting millions of his constituents into both medical and financial turmoil anything short of repugnant.

Downvote me all you want but this decision to try and "punish" opposition at the cost of peoples lives is where i draw the line concerning political boardgames.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...oding/dob92e5/
    What a gullible cuck. Go eat Trumpcare and die.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    I found this gem on /r/The_Donald (this is the only critical comment)!

What a gullible cuck. Go eat Trumpcare and die.
    That guy will be banned for "concern trolling" soon. Guarantee it. According to The_Donald, anyone who criticizes any action that can at all be related to Donald Trump is actually a secret liberal pretending to be a Trump supporter. It's one of the many ways that sub is a snowball rolling downhill all the way to hell.

What's more, the move is projected to push the U.S. budget deficit higher -- subsidies will have to go up to meet the higher premiums -- which means higher costs for everyone, even as the system covers fewer people. In other words, Trump has identified a change that will spend more to do less.

The CBO made all of this clear two months ago. It's not as if the president can say he wasn't warned about the adverse consequences of this ridiculous gambit. In fact, it was around this time that Sen. Lamar Alexander, the Republican chairman of the Senate committee that oversees health care policy, added that if the CSR payments end, "Americans will be hurt."
    What else can you expect from a retarded man baby who wants his way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been waiting for a president to deregulate medical insurance so the companies can compete across state lines for over two decades. Competition always improves price, product and service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I've been waiting for a president to deregulate medical insurance so the companies can compete across state lines for over two decades. Competition always improves price, product and service.
    Cross state insurance is in ACA... not even 1 company signed up for it, because it simply isn't profitable. They cannot compete with established insurance companies in each state, who have existing contracts with healthcare providers and existing infrastructure to support it. There is absolutely no reason for insurance companies to lose money going across state lines, which is why not a single one signed up.

You got scammed... again...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Selling across states is allowed in ACA.

Also, most of the big insurers like Anthem, BCBC sell in multiple states.

Nothing in the executive order is about selling across states. It's about expanding plans that don't cover essential health benefits, aka junk plans, (association and short-term plans) to siphon healthy people away, which will hike prices on the sick people who need essential health benefits. And also ending CSRs, which are payments that reduce out of pocket costs for poor people, will increase premiums by a further 20% according to CBO estimates.

Stop being a dupe.

This is all about spite, malice and inflicting mass suffering on millions of people for the sake of Trump's ego so he can say he's sledging Obamacare. It is sabotage pure and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Selling across states is allowed in ACA.

Also, most of the big insurers like Anthem, BCBC sell in multiple states.

Nothing in the executive order is about selling across states. It's about expanding plans that don't cover essential health benefits (association and short-term plans) to siphon healthy people away, which will hike prices on the sick people who need essential health benefits. And also ending CSRs (payments that reduce out of pocket costs for poor people) which will increase premiums by a further 20% according to CBO estimates.

Stop being a dupe.

This is all about spite, malice and inflicting mass suffering on millions of people for the sake of Trump's ego so he can say he's sledging Obamacare. It is sabotage pure and simple.
    No, this is TrumpCare.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Great job by Trump. He should have cut those payments a year ago. So glad that he is literally destroying every thing that Obama "accomplished".

Obama was a complete and total loser. He did end-arounds on Congress that Trump is now having to fix. It sucks when you give entitlements to people because they cry and moan so much when they are taken away - and that is all that is happening here, just like DACA. Obama gave false hope to way too many people through his illegal actions and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Great job by Trump.
    lol. Your boyfriend FAILED MISERABLY to repeal the ACA. So now he's signing an EO that will be overturned by courts.

GREAT JOB TRUMP. Lol.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    lol. Your boyfriend FAILED MISERABLY to repeal the ACA. So now he's signing an EO that will be overturned by courts.

GREAT JOB TRUMP. Lol.
    Trump cannot repeal ACA - only Congress can. Trump did not fail one bit, 3 RINOS decided to do that. In their absence to do so, Trump is doing what is actually in his power to do....

You do not know that the courts will overturn his EO, that remains to be seen - but put your faith in the 9th, they will just overturned by the SCOTUS, just like Travel Ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump cannot repeal ACA - only Congress can. Trump did not fail one bit, 3 RINOS decided to do that. In their absence to do so, Trump is doing what is actually in his power to do....
    Make himself the target of a lawsuit; one of the few things Trump is good at. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Make himself the target of a lawsuit; one of the few things Trump is good at. Lol.
    Well, so far he has won on the "lawsuits" against his EO's. Ask the 4th, 9th, and Hawaii how their lawsuits turned out on the Travel Ban once it got to the SCOTUS.

BTW - next travel ban incoming, already sued by the ACLU and blah, blah, blah - still scheduled to go into full effect Oct. 18th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, so far he has won on the "lawsuits" against his EO's. Ask the 4th, 9th, and Hawaii how their lawsuits turned out on the Travel Ban once it got to the SCOTUS

BTW - next travel ban incoming, already sued by the ACLU and blah, blah, blah - still scheduled to go into full effect Oct. 18th.
    Pretty immaterially since the ban had already expired by that point, lol.

But hey, what is it to me if Trump and his deplorable followers continually expose themselves as shitheads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It sucks when you give entitlements to people because they cry and moan so much when they are taken away - and that is all that is happening here, just like DACA. Obama gave false hope to way too many people through his illegal actions and now the chickens are coming home to roost.
    no they haven't not yet anyway. you think people enjoy having things taken away from them? especially when it's healthcare? you fucking idiots have no idea how badly this is going to pan out for your bronzed Turd and the rest of his party if they don't come up with an actual replacement for the ACA. oh wait, the ones they've come up with are worse than this, see you in 2020.

Infracted - Minor Flaming
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-10-13 at 06:36 PM.

The CBO already estimated the effects of cutting the subsidies:

http://healthexec.com/topics/finance...bsidies-pulled

If they were terminated, the CBO said insurers would react by raising premiums on the exchanges by an average of 20 percent next year and then rise to 25 percent by 2020. Some insurers would choose to exit the exchanges altogether, with the CBO estimating about 5 percent of the country’s population would live in areas with no ACA insurers. That would be a temporary change, the report said, with almost all areas having an available insurer again by 2020 after companies observe the changed market.
    The report used a scenario where subsidies would be pulled at the end of the calendar year, with the administration giving insurers enough time to price in the loss of the CSRs by announcing the change by Aug. 31. If the payments were terminated on a different timetable, such as after insurers were locked into rates which didn’t account for the loss of the subsidies, the CBO said insurers would suffer “significant financial losses.” Some companies would choose to leave markets mid-year, leaving more areas without an insurer and increasing the number of uninsured.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    The CBO already estimated the effects of cutting the subsidies:

http://healthexec.com/topics/finance...bsidies-pulled
    Extra round - http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...or-middle-clas

Ironically, the decision to end the $7 billion-a-year cost-sharing payments is likely to cost the federal government more than making them — nearly $200 billion over 10 years, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    no they haven't not yet anyway. you think people enjoy having things taken away from them? especially when it's healthcare? you fucking idiots have no idea how badly this is going to pan out for your bronzed Turd and the rest of his party if they don't come up with an actual replacement for the ACA. oh wait, the ones they've come up with are worse than this, see you in 2020.
    Nobody is taking any "healthcare" away. Trump is taking illegal "health insurance" subsidies away. Excellent.

Why is it that people conflate "health care" with health insurance? It is the same thing with conflating illegal aliens with immigrants. It is as laughable as it is tragic.

BTW - nice, calling me a "fucking idiot". Not that I care, but just a great example of the duplicity on this forum.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-10-13 at 06:16 PM.