Go to home
    Launch dinner
    Coffee and walking!
    Reading book (it must be!) or reading internet article
    Shower and Brush teeth
    Sleep 12 am or 1 am

and circle is continuous…

This is not my dreams

I know there are a lot of programmers that post on these forums. Is that what life is like for you? How do you cope?

You know I fantasize about people like the Las Vegas shooter, Ted Kaczynski or the hikkomokori, who can just say I don't want to part of the system. I don't want to be part of this system anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    You know I fantasize about people like the Las Vegas shooter, Ted Kaczynski or the hikkomokori, who can just say I don't want to part of the system. I don't want to be part of this system anymore.
    Well that's disgusting.

Do you need help?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should seek out some help, and perhaps a new job.

That sounds like literally anyone with a standard job.

You don't have to be part of the system, doing cash in hand work is profitable and you can still benefit from the society you never wanted to be part of.

Doing what you want, when you want should be the goal. Barriers that were placed on you since birth have no merit and anyone that puts you down for that is just jealous they caved into the pressure of living their life according to others rules.

Fairly sure a troll post but i will bite. Firstly i am not a programmer but i know two friends who are. Yes they have said the day to day can be a bit of the same thing over and over when it comes to coding but not always.

That said it is up to the person to make their out of work life not a boring circle repeating itself. Both of my friends who are programmers lead a very interesting life. One even made some VR apps such as Welcome to Occulas with the Stanly parables guy as the narrator and boogie2988 doing his Francis character for a part in it. It is up to you to make your own life interesting.

I know that when i get my degree and dive head first into the IT worlds likely moving into sys admin it will have alot of the same in and out but you it i am fairly sure i can make the rest of my life outside work make up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    get a new job, and go see a psychiatrist.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is the most boring post work schedule I can imagine.

I don't know, I guess for the most of us life is just way worse that what we dreamed of. Yes, there will be some successful business man or whatever who will make a lot of money by not doing that much, but not everyone can be that. Because if everyone was that, who would do the jobs for the business men?

I don't know, I think it sucks.

I don't blame you for feeling this way. My life is not much different. My fantasy is that almost everyone on the planet dies from an engineered super flu virus like the one in the Stephen King book, "The Stand." Then i would be free! I would not mind if i was one of the people that died from the flu but it would be cool to be one of the people that were immune.

You might regret this thread when you sober up and when you are put on the watch list!!

10+ Year Old Account
    A college degree doesn't guarantee success. Shit, it means less and less every day.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I see no alcohol in this list, and that is CLEARLY a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    A college degree doesn't guarantee success. Shit, it means less and less every day.
    Let me tell you - the college job is a lie. College was great, a whole bunch of people like me. Now it's like high school again. Being harassed all day by loud-mouthed managerial jerks who have no idea what they're talking about. They lie (over promise) to their clients then roll that shit downhill on us. Three years into this and I already want to retire.

Feth man, I look at the Starbucks operators. Getting to smell coffee and ice cream all day, chat up arty chicks. And I ask to me wtf was the point of my college degree when their life is 10x mine.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2017-10-12 at 07:29 AM.

Deleted
    you must be one of those millennials who are searching for a purpose. too bad there is none and this is how (working) life looks like until the end

Deleted
    Good - all you have to do is stop consuming. Don't buy games, cars, expensive food or clothes etc. You work for your needs. But you know the whole system is build around making you wanting more

My day as a programmer: (for 5 years now)

get up : 7:30
    no breakfast
    but brush teeth ;D
    at work 8
    coffeebreak until 8:30
    work until 12
    lunch until 12:30
    work until 16:30/17:00
    get home/groceries
    free time until midnight (bout 6 hours)
    -> share it with girlfriend, play games etc
    sleep.

Is it optimal ? no
    can i live with it ?
    yes.

do i think every morning : oh ma gawd work again?
    yes

will this change when i take another job
    most likely not.

what is required for me to to not have this thoughts in the morning?
    3 day work week. basically work half the time.
    thats the only solution i can come up with.
    we are working to much, but without work its also not gonna work out
    ( i only need to get another 25% more loan and i will change my contract to 3 days i guess)
    then id be livin the dream ^^
    Last edited by Jalatiphra; 2017-10-12 at 07:30 AM.

Sounds like you just became a adult lol

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is your dream then?

Relationship, family, kids?

Go out with your colleagues or friends and hook up with someone you like or just wind down in general to escape the monotony you describe.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Work to live don't live to work.

It sounds like your job is boring. Quit it and do something else. What's the worst that could possibly happen? You're unable to pay your student loan debt? Declare bankruptcy and wipe that shit out. It will be hard to get loans for a new car / house for the next ten years but guess what? Oh well, better than being a slave to the debt for the next 20 years working a job you hate. Sure you might have to save up and pay cash for a car and rent a house instead of buying but you'll be free. That's the only reason I can imagine staying in a job I hate is because of pay.

1.) Look into a trade, electrician / pipe fitter / plumber / whatever. You're active all day doing different stuff at different places. And you're still making pretty damn good money.

2.) Or maybe you can still work with computers but find a job that let's you travel around and troubleshoot servers or some shit if the manual labor of a trade doesn't sound up your alley.

3.) Move to Montana and work cash paid jobs such as roofing and live in a shack off the grid. When you're home you write your manifesto on a typewriter assuming you're not out hunting / fishing / smoking dope / whatever.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.