Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Oh I am sure there is a big show going on in Washington for the dejected to circlejerk over.

Considering the vast reach of our domestic spying, I'd be shocked if at this point nothing damning has turned up.
    5 investigations and 2 grand juries is a "big show"?

Oh I am sure there is a big show going on in Washington for the dejected to circlejerk over.

Considering the vast reach of our domestic spying, I'd be shocked if at this point nothing damning has turned up.
    Is it really domestic spying when it's a criminal investigation? This is the argument you're basing your defense on?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maomoa View Post
    Is it really domestic spying when it's a criminal investigation? This is the argument you're basing your defense on?
    I assume everything is being spied on by the NSA. I find it hard to believe that this far in the smoking gun hasn't been found.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    5 investigations and 2 grand juries is a "big show"?
    How much nothing happened over Benghazi? An equally trivial partisan fake witch hunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I assume everything is being spied on by the NSA.

How much nothing happened over Benghazi? An equally trivial partisan fake witch hunt.
    Lol, i laugh at you. the scope of Benghazi and this investigation are completely different. The Russian investigation is manned by one of the best (if not THE best) legal teams that the US has to offer. Also, a lot of the info is not publicly available (and the info that is open to the people, is damning enough).
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny I don't remember anyone perjuring themselves over Benghazi the way Jeff Sessions has. That's not how innocent people behave.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Lol, i laugh at you. the scope of Benghazi and this investigation are completely different. The Russian investigation is manned by one of the best (if not THE best) legal teams that the US has to offer. Also, a lot of the info is not publicly available (and the info that is open to the people, is damning enough).
    Yes, I am not surprised considering the array of vested interests and Deep State actors pissed off that we don't have boots on the ground in Syria, Iran or wherever. Versus Benghazi which was just butthurt Republicans grasping at straws.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am not surprised considering the array of vested interests and Deep State actors pissed off that we don't have boots on the ground in Syria, Iran or wherever. Versus Benghazi which was just butthurt Republicans grasping at straws.
    Are you saying the all powerful Deep State was upset it couldn't get what it wanted under Obama president and Hillary Secretary of State? I thought you believed Hillary was a war monger? Is she and Obama not part of this Deep State? Am I in it?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Are you saying the all powerful Deep State was upset it couldn't get what it wanted under Obama president and Hillary Secretary of State? I thought you believed Hillary was a war monger? Is she and Obama not part of this Deep State? Am I in it?
    If your asking for some sort of consistency in their narrative, you'll be left wanting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    If your asking for some sort of consistency in their narrative, you'll be left wanting.
    The Deep State is so deep, it put your ass to sleep.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

That's being generous. Her answer was a weird deflection

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Does she know that the deep state doesnt exist, as the right wing media wants to portrait it?

Yes, I am not surprised considering the array of vested interests and Deep State actors pissed off that we don't have boots on the ground in Syria, Iran or wherever.
    Are we talking "deep state" in the sense of career civil servants or "deep state" in the nutbar conspiracy theory sense here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Are we talking "deep state" in the sense of career civil servants or "deep state" in the nutbar conspiracy theory sense here?
    Entrenched civil servants, though I guess the Military Industrial Complex is as close to X-Files style cabal you will get.

Entrenched civil servants, though I guess the Military Industrial Complex is as close to X-Files style cabal you will get.
    So... the second category then? i mean, i understand the problem with the military industrial complex, but career civil servants aren't a part of a giant conspiracy. At most, you could say that they're laughably slow and incompetent

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    So... the second category then? i mean, i understand the problem with the military industrial complex, but career civil servants aren't a part of a giant conspiracy. At most, you could say that they're laughably slow and incompetent
    The problem with the National Security Consensus runs deep and is probably the most difficult thing about the "Establishment" today. Mainly that the media hasn't seen a war it didn't like and many Senators and Congressmen and Agencies that today SOME liberals cheer and clap for are the most war hungry people on the planet with deranged ideas and imperialistic ambitions.

The problem is their bad ideas have killed lots of people and continue to do so.

The problem with the National Security Consensus runs deep and is probably the most difficult thing about the "Establishment" today. Mainly that the media hasn't seen a war it didn't like and many Senators and Congressmen and Agencies that today SOME liberals cheer and clap for are the most war hungry people on the planet with deranged ideas and imperialistic ambitions.

The problem is their bad ideas have killed lots of people and continue to do so.
    What if I told you that the US's continuous national security/foreign policy agenda is not the doing of any shadowy civil servants or members of any group or cabal, but rather a direct result of the realpolitik necessary to survive in office in the US given the social pressures exerted by its own citizens?

There's no dragon you can slay that will fix it. You have to change the minds of millions of Americans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What if I told you that the US's continuous national security/foreign policy agenda is not the doing of any shadowy civil servants or members of any group or cabal, but rather a direct result of the realpolitik necessary to survive in office in the US given the social pressures exerted by its own citizens?

There's no dragon you can slay that will fix it. You have to change the minds of millions of Americans.
    That is going to be the result of the internal culture within the government. I also said it wasn't a cabal but that there is a DC culture, a DC Consensus, that needs to be smashed to pieces IMHO.

Yeah, all those diplomats all over the world who have served under multiple administrations and are lamenting the disassembly of the department...curse you deep state!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, all those diplomats all over the world who have served under multiple administrations and are lamenting the disassembly of the department...curse you deep state!
    It's like when a child learns a dirty word on a playground, and just repeats it ad nauseum.

It's like when a child learns a dirty word on a playground, and just repeats it ad nauseum.
    Something like this I imagine:
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

That is going to be the result of the internal culture within the government. I also said it wasn't a cabal but that there is a DC culture, a DC Consensus, that needs to be smashed to pieces IMHO.
    That internal culture is a direct reflection of the real state of affairs in the US. What shapes the culture in DC is how afraid people are that an action will get them booted.