Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump: I Think Dems ‘Will Be Blamed’ For My Decision To Sabotage O’Care

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...obamacare-csrs

President Donald Trump on Monday said he thinks Democratic lawmakers will be scapegoated for turmoil in the insurance market kicked off by Trump’s announcement last week that he would end cost-sharing reduction (CSR) payments to insurers.

“I think the Democrats will be blamed for the mess. This is an Obamacare mess,” Trump said at a cabinet meeting.

The President said Congress is working on a “short-term fix” for the turmoil caused by his own move to sabotage Obamacare.

“Obamacare is finished. It’s dead. It’s gone. It’s no longer — don’t — you shouldn’t even mention it. It’s gone. There is no such thing as Obamacare anymore,” Trump said. “When the premiums go up, that has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that we had poor health care delivered poorly, written poorly, approved by the Democrats.”

The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimated in August, however, that ending CSR payments would drive up premiums for those who benefit from the subsidies.

The White House on Thursday night claimed it was ending the payments because former President Barack Obama’s administration “overstepped the legal boundaries drawn by our Constitution” by making them.

But Trump’s former strategist Steve Bannon on Saturday said the White House ended CSR payments to “blow up” Obamacare.

Bannon also said that his priority in the near future is “a season of war against the GOP establishment.”

Asked about his former top adviser’s remarks, Trump on Monday told reporters that Bannon “is very committed” and that he “can understand how Steve Bannon feels.”

“He’s a friend of mine and he’s very committed to getting things passed,” Trump said. “I mean, look. Despite what the press writes, I have great relationships with actually many senators, but in particular with most Republican senators. But we’re not getting the job done.”

“And I’m not going to blame myself, I’ll be honest,” he added. “They are not getting the job done.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Trump is trying to be on both winning sides. Which is impossible. "I love these guys, but they suck". Sorry, that doesn't work.

Oh, and because of the E.O. the only person who will say Trump can't be blamed, is Trump. Already insurers and hospitals are blaming him officially.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Looks like Trump is trying to be on both winning sides. Which is impossible. "I love these guys, but they suck". Sorry, that doesn't work.

Oh, and because of the E.O. the only person who will say Trump can't be blamed, is Trump. Already insurers and hospitals are blaming him officially.
    Lol, he just lives in his own little world.

I haven't seen any official legal movement to block the EO. Can it be done?

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=cubby;47612214]I haven't seen any official legal movement to block the EO./QUOTE]

Look eightteen more times.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    “When the premiums go up, that has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that we had poor health care delivered poorly, written poorly, approved by the Democrats.”
    he's right on that, the USA does have a poor healthcare system. Not a medical science, the USA medical science is probably the most advanced in the world, but the delivery sucks. However the AHCA proposed by the republicans thus far is far far worse that the current obamacare.

America, i'd like to teach you a word: solidarity. Yes, if you are healthy, you might overpay your premium to support to high risk pool, but that's called living in society, that's normal. One day, you won't be so health anymore. A healthcare system that refuse service to people because of pre existing condition is no healthcare at all.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2017-10-16 at 08:17 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I haven't seen any official legal movement to block the EO.
    Lol - ok, I'll take the hit on that. Glad they are doing it.

It's odd to stop the payments now. The CSR going through without appropriation was ruled unconstitutional, but the judge placed the ruling on hold while its appealed. There is no judicial pressure to act, so it's disingenuous for the administration to say the payments are illegal as the basis of their decision.

It's not Obamacare any longer. That's dead, remember? Trump said so.

It's now Trumpcare. Thanks for delivering us Trumpcare, Republicans!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    And I’m not going to blame myself, I’ll be honest
    Trumpiest Trump quote that ever Trumped.

It's going to be very difficult for the GoP to win a battle on healthcare anymore. Their ideas are just too a) terrible, and b) unpopular. They ran against Obamacare for multiple elections: is anyone going to buy that they aren't trying to intentionally sabotage it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Under the "you break it you buy it" policy, it is now Trumpcare and any issues with it are on his shoulders.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranting from a lunatic who doesn't even understand why people needed these subsidies and doesn't have a clue what he's saying. Or worst, he understands and wants to fuck this country over just to make Dems look bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I haven't seen any official legal movement to block the EO.
    LOL -and watch the idiots douchbags lose, just like they did on the Travel Ban.

Fuck Obama, fuck his illegal actions (just like DACA). His legacy? Ya, his legacy is that he is a fucking JOKE.

He's not wrong. His idiot supports will believe anything Trump says.

10+ Year Old Account
    “And I’m not going to blame myself, I’ll be honest,” he added. “They are not getting the job done.”

That says all you need to know really...

15+ Year Old Account
    Well he's not wrong.

When/if the ACA crashes and burns because of Trump's actions alone, the subsequent death spiral (or in this case, skyrocket) of people's healthcare costs will be blamed on Dems by the Trumpkins. Their God King can do no wrong.

Trump is at least self aware about a few things. After all, he said he could shoot a man and not lose any votes, and his supporters fucking CHEERED. He's embroiled in the biggest scandal a president has been in since Nixxon, and probably bigger than Nixxon, and his followers still hand wave it all away as if it were nothing. He even said a long time ago that if he were going to run for president he'd do it in a Republican ticket, because they're the most easily mindwashed and loyal (to a fault) people in the nation.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I've no doubt that Trump's base will just go with whatever he says. But he wasn't elected by his base alone. I would think that the on-the-fence Trump voters will do what on the fence people have always done: assfuck the party in power at the polls for any and all woes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

and people will believe him, some will anyway, his base and anyone else who's painfully ignorant of how these events transpired or how these things work. but I would hope people by and large, at least those who actually care about their healthcare will look at this as either the stab in the back that it is or not be surprised it's come to this. either way I think this is a risky move on Trump's part and it has a great chance of failing or if it does he's still willfully killing people to piss on "Obumer's Legacy".

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL -and watch the idiots douchbags lose, just like they did on the Travel Ban.

Fuck Obama, fuck his illegal actions (just like DACA). His legacy? Ya, his legacy is that he is a fucking JOKE.
    Yeah, they lost so hard on the Travel Ban that Trump had to change it - twice - before it could get through. Real shining example there. And I see you've got the same petty, moronic hateboner for Obama as your Dear Leader does.

Making one EO and claiming the ACA is dead is the height of childish stupidity. No, that's not even the right term, because children have object permanence. Infantile, that's the right word. Trump is playing peek-a-boo with our healthcare system and losing.

But sure, Obamacare is dead. Long live Trumpcare. But not for long, since he just cut its air hose. Remember how Trump said he could shoot someone in Times Square and not lose a single vote? That's what he just did. People are going to die because of his stupidity, and the deplorables will applaud.

I thought today he blamed Republicans. Maybe it was for upcoming tax cuts. Anyways he passes blame. He actually said he will not take blame when speaking to reporters.

Trump on stalled agenda: "I'm not going to blame myself" https://t.co/XQff5uVPxb https://t.co/y7pfi2zB9Q
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2017-10-17 at 12:28 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I thought today he blamed Republicans. Maybe it was for upcoming tax cuts. Anyways he passes blame. He actually said he will not take blame when speaking to reporters.
    Oh my god, that was amazing. Never mind that he actively sabotaged the process with his own incompetence, he literally thought all he had to do was sit there and wait for someone to put a plan on his desk so he could sign it and take all the credit. Obama actually put the fucking work in, and managed to get the ACA passed even with the Republicans trying to stab him in the back at the last minute and after they'd added over one hundred amendments to it.

But hey, who knew health care could be so difficult, right?