Poll: How bored are you of WoW at the moment?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy WoW feels like it's in pre-xpac lull while we are only in the mid tier!

So this might be purely subjective but I feel currently WoW is getting unusually boring. I've even weathered Cata, MoP and WoD without this feeling of 'hollowness'.

So let's look at what's around and see how it's not quite enough:

• Argus: New planet, awesome visuals (dat skybox) and teleporter pads!
    Nice additions but most of the actual area of the new zones is either dead terrain making a convoluted path around the zone or littered with mobs that annoy the hell out of anyone but tanks. They don't even drop anything of value like timeless isle. Alts need unlocks to get there and progress so it's prohibitive to just venture there. Also the ilvl scaling thing is making it annoying for my main to righteously obliterate my way through the dailies..I mean 'world quests'.

• Invasion points: Quick argunite, World boss.
    Not the exploring new worlds I expected them to be. 2-3 chests worth of stuff meh. Way too repetitive.

• ToS: It's a decent raid tier; nice creative fights.
    Not BT 2.0 sorry Blizzard.

• Mythic+ Phat lewt. 5-man raids!
    I haven't been this bored of repeating dungeons in like ever! Affixes and scaling don't make dungeons more 'fresh'. Most of the time, loot is just vendor trash or in the rare case of special items, the item level is too low to matter compared to the difficulty. I truly understand that this is repeatable content and it's really hard to manage with titanforging and such. But most of the time decent groups are far out-gearing the drops or just getting items that don't compete with tier gear even at high ilvls. Timer and deaths makes many players edgy and toxic.

Usually when I got bored of WoW before it was due to lack of content or raid burnout. But somehow it just feels rather dull now. The new raid will help a bit but the new zone is no Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder or even Tanaan. Lack of flying and really convoluted terrain makes world quests there a chore. Teleporters are a really good step but there aren't enough of them and loading screens are starting to really get on my nerves (no I don't have a SSD).

It is obvious that the devs did a lot of effort but the time/effort/reward ratios are not tuned well. Also I can't quite pin it, but it feels like Argus could have been so much better but somehow lots of things got cut or they just didn't roll with the concept in the ideal way.

Still a loyal fan but hoping for a better future for the game...

Quote Originally Posted by facelesssoul View Post
    They don't even drop anything of value like timeless isle.
    How they don't? There are a few rares with chance for a mount on Argus, not just 1 Huolon. There are toys and pets drops, same as TI. There is world boss. There is catch up gear. What else existed on TI that doesn't on Argus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    How they don't? There are a few rares with chance for a mount on Argus, not just 1 Huolon. There are toys and pets drops, same as TI. There is world boss. There is catch up gear. What else existed on TI that doesn't on Argus?
    Talking about non-rare mobs.

Please tell me you're not seriously asking for another Emperor Shaohao/100,000 Timeless Coins-esque grind.

The non-rare mobs on the Timeless Isle dropped useless currency. I'm not sure how that's really better.

I don't know really what's the nostalgia about Timeless Isle. I was going there once per week to cycle my alts through the world boss loot pinata and that was it. The only things people did there was camping Huolon, farming frogs for reroll coins (now you farm order resources, slightly less boring) and if you happened to be on pvp server, looking around for gangs of censer gankers. The last one had some amusement value for "world pvpers" less so for people who wanted to farm some catch up gear for alts in peace.

The unsullied tokens follow the same pattern as the timeless tokens, they're random and low ilvl. Argunite vendor is a big improvement over TI vendors because the tome to upgrade a single item to 535 or what was it cost horrible amounts, and also there was even no goddamn shield on the vendor (and weapons were super low), now you can buy any relic you want and grinding for it takes way less.

90% of TI activity was rare camping really, you can do exactly the same on Argus.

I don't know really what's the nostalgia about Timeless Isle.
    if you happened to be on pvp server, looking around for gangs of censer gankers. The last one had some amusement value for "world pvpers" less so for people who wanted to farm some catch up gear for alts in peace.
    There you go, it had all the awesome and annoying parts of the Sunwell island.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The non-rare mobs on the Timeless Isle dropped useless currency. I'm not sure how that's really better.
    But they could also drop BOA tokens. You can't take an alt to Argus and try and gear them. They just get shit on by mobs with 2-3x their HP.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

These are generally how I feel most mid-tiers.

So I just concentrate on my alts, keeping my order resources up and earning about 5k gold a day per max level character through the phone app.

Argus shits entirely on Tanaan, Timeless, IoT and Quel'Danas.Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nighthold was mid tier. Tomb started the downswing, and in a months e’ll be in final raid patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    There you go, it had all the awesome and annoying parts of the Sunwell island.
    It's not like world pvp was removed from pvp servers, and with abundant cross realm there is probably higher chance to meet a player of opposing faction than when they had to add censers because every pvp server was woefully one sided with no crz in place, so no one to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    But they could also drop BOA tokens. You can't take an alt to Argus and try and gear them. They just get shit on by mobs with 2-3x their HP.
    It's way easier now. I remember taking my freshly dinged alt in WOD to Tanaan Jungle - it was horrendous. I had to ask a friend to babysit me until I get a few items (and guaranteed treasures weren't very abundant for my class). Timeless Isle had tons of elites that would wreck any green geared character, and some of the bull guys would wreck even raid geared character unless you spent 24/7 dodging their crap. That Achiererus of Flame event, that one was the worst, every time someone spawned him and people tried to help there were dead bodies left and right.

On Argus thanks to WQGF, Warframe and whatnot it's way easier to get stuff done even on a weak character.

Funny, because I see people taking their cruddy alts to Argus all the time and grinding through just fine. Sounds like you're just bad and salty. Also, it's mid raid tier and you got fresh content that's not the raid you can do too.

You're out of your mine insane if you think wow is lacking content right now. Go away. You don't like the content? Fine, no one can make you like it but you're still out of touch with reality frankly, esp if you're claiming past expansions had more to do. No they didn't, and content was released much slower.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-10-14 at 06:00 AM.

As someone who gave up the mythic raiding scene and just does casual heroic now (I don't think the time vs reward for mythic raiding is worth it anymore unless you are pushing for super high world ranks), I completely disagree. My main focus in the game right now is Mythic+ and gold farming (just something I enjoy). There is always something for me to strive for and nothing is ever too easy thanks to the infinite scaling.

I think your argument, just like most other "I'm bored of WoW" arguments, are just that there is nothing you personally want to do in the game right now rather than nothing to do period.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

You just need to be better. Freshly dinged alts are close to ilvl 900 when they ding 110 nowadays. Send the BOA gear to your alts.

Deleted
    WTF are you talking ?
    "ToS is nice. No BT 2.0 sorry."

Stop seeing recycled content everywhere mate !
    They work very hard to add new content.

I would just say : if you are bored by the game, try something new you never did before. For me it was battle pets (always thought it was for 12yo children and i finally started. I settled the addon "Pet Tracker" and it's very fun to explore all the world to catch'em !

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Nighthold was mid tier. Tomb started the downswing, and in a months e’ll be in final raid patch.
    Nighthold literally was the first tier of the expansion zzzzzzzz

I took my freshly 110 hunter out to Argus no problem. The stuff is all scaled to ilvl anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Funny, because I see people taking their cruddy alts to Argus all the time and grinding through just fine. Sounds like you're just bad and salty. Also, it's mid raid tier and you got fresh content that's not the raid you can do too.

You're out of your mine insane if you think wow is lacking content right now. Go away. You don't like the content? Fine, no one can make you like it but you're still out of touch with reality frankly, esp if you're claiming past expansions had more to do. No they didn't, and content was released much slower.
    I'm salty? Projecting much?

First, I'm not the OP.

Second, nothing you complained about is in any way relevant to what I said.

Third, I haven't played in six months and just came back. Apart from my main and a couple raid stand-in alts that are around 900 ilvl/NH gear, all my toons are below 825. And most of them get wrecked pretty hard by the mobs if I'm not very careful with positioning and cooldown use. A 1.8M hp Spriest for instance can barely deal with single mobs on Argus - especially when they have literally almost 3x your hp - and if I screw up positioning and get an add it's faster to just let them kill me and run back than fight against the inevitable. In fact, what's fastest is to just farm hidden appearances or 7.0 wq's while chainqueueing heroics to gear up and essentially ignore Argus entirely on alts until they're in the 870's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You just need to be better. Freshly dinged alts are close to ilvl 900 when they ding 110 nowadays. Send the BOA gear to your alts.
    Just came back after a several month break, so I don't have any account-bound stuff to throw around.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    These are generally how I feel most mid-tiers.

So I just concentrate on my alts, keeping my order resources up and earning about 5k gold a day per max level character through the phone app.
    Mmmm i get the same feel. I've also been playing a lot more this mid patch than before, so its a hard toss up between 'am i playing too much?' vs is it the gameplay side.

Post-Blizzcon hype is gonna draw back a lot of energy back into the cycle (as always). Antorus hype + new expac hype, getting characters prepped. Im thinking its just the natural order of things ^^