Deleted

Vengeance Demon Hunter - Trinkets of choice

Hello fellow DH's.

So the headline pretty much says it all: Whats your choice of trinkets for the vengeance demon hunter?

Personally, I'm using:

Darkmoon Deck: Immortality & Writhing Heart of Darkness (relinquish ilvl 910).

I just run a lot of m+ dungeons and the trinkets are really working really well! I specially like the Writhing Heart of Darkness combined with immolation aura! Its a lot of dmg reduction!

Besides those I got: Parjesh's Medallion. Just a major stamina boost and sometimes gives a ''second chance'' by falling below 35% hp!

Whats your choice of trinkets? And is there any other trinkets you think I should try get?

Deleted
    Glaive trinket from sisters of the moon, alchemy trinket, lege trinket and kj trinket all have their uses.

I was lucky enough to get a 925 Memento of Angerboda and it is pretty great. I’m hoping to get Eye of Command at a high item level, as I had one at ilvl 900 and it is great for single target dps. Umbral glaives are great for add cleave encounters, as well as KJ. Archimond’s is the best single target dps trink that serves as an extra defensive cd.

I use writhing hearth of darkness 915 with socket and shifting cosmic silver 930 for m+ and raids as default set. Swapping em with archimonde, mastery statstick and desolate host trinket depending on tyrannical boss and level. Otherwise i just run with those 2 because meta uptime is insane in m+ with that trinket and gives me loads of options to stand in fire more so i could get that sweet agi from empowered wards.
    Last edited by Tinary; 2017-10-19 at 09:20 AM.

The DH discord has a link to the google doc with trinket recommendations for all tanks

Defensive: Archimonde's, Reliquary of the Damned, Darkmoon Deck
    AOE: Umbral Moonglaives, Terrorbound Nexus
    ST: Oakheart's Gnarled Root

I'm almost always wearing one of those despite having almost every desirable trinket at a somewhat decent ilvl. My ilvl 940 gnarled root is particularly great. It typically does 8-12% of my ST damage. Moonglaives are amazing burst, but terrorbound nexus will typically do more overall damage. Darkmoon deck is still amazing for physical damage reduction. On any type of difficult content I may wear either Reliquary or Archimonde's depending on what other legendaries I went with.

Hope this helps.

Right now I'm mainly using a 920 Reliquary of the Damned and a 930 Par'jesh's Medallion. I've been swapping to a 930 Umbral Moonglaives a fair amount lately in raid and for M+ still I'm still at 10m with food/flask. I've found double-stam makes me basically unkillable, so it works well for progression.

Deleted
    Sergrand - I saw the post earlier, and thanks for answering! I'm more interest to hear what people are using and what works for them. Accordingly to the Icy-Veins gear guide, Par'jesh's Medallion is one of the low rank trinkets for V.DH, but I find it quite good, because of the stamina and the ''life-line'' when falling low on health.

Prydzz - It seems I would have to go farm for Oakheart. I haven't focused much on dmg, since I just progress m+ dungeons and not raid, so for me survivability is the way to go. But I'm always up for some new trinkets to try out my playstyle.

Nahela - Happy I'm not the only one using Par'jesh's Medallion! I haven't done raids yet, because I dont really have the time atm, but Umbral Moonglaives is definitely a trinket I'm going for! The same goes for Reliquary of the Damned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purken View Post
    Prydzz - It seems I would have to go farm for Oakheart. I haven't focused much on dmg, since I just progress m+ dungeons and not raid, so for me survivability is the way to go. But I'm always up for some new trinkets to try out my playstyle.
    Farm Xakal in Arcway for Nexus (have a 940 on my guardian - it's insane ... insane!) and Oakheart in DHT for Root. Both increase your survivability and at the same time your (ridiculous enough) dmg. I will be doing just that and I am in the same boat as you with m+ being my game-content due to lack of time for raiding. All the while there's the odd chance for a good TFd trinket bought in Argus.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Shifting Cosmic Sliver and Fang of Tichondrius are best for high level fortified trash in m+. I use Archimonde and Astral Alchemist Stone for bosses.

Archi+kj unless i'm using the pants. If so i sub one of them for a vers stick.

Deleted
    ... and there I got KJBW and Nexus on the same day

For M+ I use AHR and whatever my current best dps trinket is.
    For raid farm bosses I use " " " ".
    If I'm really getting hammered, I swap out AHR for lego legs and use DM:I + 940 Carapace (my two best non-lego defensive trinkets).

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"