Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    This terrible planet of pink-skinned freaks.

New Class Prediction: Necromancer

Now, I know we just got a new Hero Class, so it's unlikely that will being getting a new class for a while, but I was thinking about possible expansion ideas. Everyone seems focused on the Void. Seems obvious, what with the Old Gods and the void magic. But what about death magic? Outside of Death Knights, death magic hasn't really been explored. What if, at some point, Bolvar the Lich King decided "Let's train a new batch of Necromancers to keep the world safe?" Havent' really explored it much beyond the idea that it would be well supported in lore and really cool. Maybe a summoning class like the Warlock, with a pet and a dotting system? With three specs: Darkness; a direct-caster DPS, Death; a pet based ranged DPS, and Decay; a dot-caster DPS. Overall, maybe an emphasis on debuffs and control spell?

What are your thoughts?

Deleted
    We have Demolocks.

We have Unholy DKs.

Where the fck would you put this in, so that it makes sense?

Thanks.

If they were going to further explore death magic further why do it based on stealing stuff from DKs instead of using the soulbinding lore already available that trolls, mogu, and draenei have?

Also, void and arcane are also as limited as death is currently in terms of playable classes.

What a new and interesting topic!

Kel'Thuzad is still out there (his phylactery was never destroyed, after all), so it's perfectly plausible. Bolvar definitely has his own, possibly sinister plans in mind, so we're bound to have another undead-themed expansion at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    We have Demolocks.

We have Unholy DKs.

Where the fck would you put this in, so that it makes sense?

Thanks.
    We already have classes redundant to each other. Might as well add the ranged equivalent to death knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Kel'Thuzad is still out there (his phylactery was never destroyed, after all), so it's perfectly plausible. Bolvar definitely has his own, possible sinister plans in mind, so we're bound to have another undead-themed expansion at some point.

We already have classes redundant to each other. Might as well add the ranged equivalent to death knights.
    Warlocks. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Warlocks. /10chars
    Lorewise, yes. Gameplay-wise, nope.

And as we all know: gameplay > lore
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-10-16 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Warlocks. /10chars
    Death Knights use felmagic and summon demons?

10+ Year Old Account
    We're more likely to get 4th specs before we see a Necromancer class in game. It saddens me as this is one of my favorite archetypes.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Kel'Thuzad is still out there (his phylactery was never destroyed, after all), so it's perfectly plausible. Bolvar definitely has his own, possibly sinister plans in mind, so we're bound to have another undead-themed expansion at some point.

Makes no sense, im sorry.

If you played a UH DK before, you know its a ranged class. The only thing you are not ranged with is 1 ability. Your DoTs, pets, grips, CC and what not is all ranged(even your "combo builder" is ranged). The thing is you are in close melee combat and not stacking up with mages, true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You have a specific spell call Summon Undead, Gargoyle and Abomination. You summon a whole ARMY of undead. You also have a zombie walking and splashing into your enemy.

They have nothing to do with Fel either(Demon Hunters are even more Fel than DKs).

Makes no sense, im sorry.

If you played a UH DK before, you know its a ranged class.
    No, it's not. It wouldn't focus on melee if it was a ranged spec.

The only thing you are not ranged with is 1 ability.
    What are you even talking about? Unholy has three ranged damage abilities; Death Coil, Outbreak, and Summon Gargoyle (four if you count Death and Decay). The rest, however:

Soul Reaper, Festering Strike, Scourgestrike, Deathstrike, and Apocalypse.

Is this a troll? I feel I'm being trolled.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-10-16 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    What a new and interesting topic!
    What will they come up next? Some technology based class? Someone that tinkers with stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, but warlocks have been seen raising the dead and spreding plague in lore and ingame, gul dans original DKs were closer to current warlocks than current DKs

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    What will they come up next? Some technology based class? Someone that tinkers with stuff?
    would much rather see tinkers, that place turrets and use bombs and small turrets than necro at this point in the game

Deleted
    No, it's not. It wouldn't focus on melee if it was a ranged spec.

What are you even talking about? Unholy has three ranged damage abilities; Death Coil, Outbreak, and Summon Gargoyle (four if you count Death and Decay). The rest, however:

Soul Reaper, Festering Strike, Scourgestrike, Deathstrike, and Apocalypse.

Is this a troll? I feel I'm being trolled.
    I actually feel trolled.

If you dont see what Blizz is trying and if this doesnt scream "NECROMANCER", then you are just ... retarded.

Regardless of how you turn it, this is the most ranged class out of melee classes and it has all the aspects for a necromancer(minus, if you are into the classic cloth wearing stereotype).

OP: No. Stop thinking. If you want to think, play the game first.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-16 at 09:24 AM.

The thing is, thematically-wise, unless it's an undead-focused expansion, it doesn't make sense to add necromancers.

I actually feel trolled.

If you dont see what Blizz is trying and if this doesnt scream "NECROMANCER", then you are just ... retarded.
    Yep, you're definitely trolling.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-10-16 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Yep, you're definitely trolling.
    I leave you with this comment from Nymrohd:
    Death strike is not rotational. Soul Reaper is talented. Apocalypse is tied to the artifact, not the spec. Scourge Strike can be replaced with clawing shadows.

This is very new and original idea.

Further taking iconic spells /Flavor/style/class , away from Locks?

Are we going to see a renaming of the Lock class to "Purple and Green flashy spell animation but completely ambiguous caster class" As well?

IF anything, this would be a reworking of one lock spec, ala Combat-Outlaw.