KJ 2nd intermission without Blood DK

I was wondering if people could give some advice in terms of 2nd intermission if you aren't running a Blood DK, about how many orbs should we be getting hit by if we don't? From my general idea you get hit by first orb into 2nd and then use 2nd orb to throw yourself into illidan again since there is small break between every 2nd orb to work on adds and the like.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=summary

also here are some logs if you guys don't mind also trying to find things we could improve on, since i feel our progression has slowed somewhat

Overall, it looks like you need to improve with dodging orbs - far too much of an intake/deaths from it...

If you don't have a blood DK, you might be better off simply using two tanks at this point and not three. You have 3 paladins (can each take two), two hunters and two mages. Tanks can get the big soaks during the first intermission so if you space out everyone else you have more than enough people to soak the one big Armageddon.

In regards to not having a blood DK, we had a couple pulls where ours died and did successfully navigate through the second intermission, it's just sloppier. That said, it's more difficult than it needs to be because as you know, you cannot mass grip and then stun them all (kill them before they jump away). You just have to burn them down and do your best. Rupturing is in predictable locations now and goes around the room in sequence so just pull KJ to the first corner where it spawns to get the adds close (top right corner facing KJ). As long as everyone is mindful of the sequence (top right > bottom right > bottom left)... You should never go beyond three - it can be done before the third spawns if you focus them down quick enough. Should never get to the 4th orb even without a BDK. The extra DPS from not having a third tank could prove to be more helpful this way because you don't have mass grip...

Anyway, just my two cents
    Last edited by pappaslop; 2017-11-15 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    Overall, it looks like you need to improve with dodging orbs - far too much of an intake/deaths from it...

If you don't have a blood DK, you might be better off simply using two tanks at this point and not three. You have 3 paladins (can each take two), two hunters and two mages. Tanks can get the big soaks during the first intermission so if you space out everyone else you have more than enough people to soak the one big Armageddon.

In regards to not having a blood DK, we had a couple pulls where ours died and did successfully navigate through the second intermission, it's just sloppier. That said, it's more difficult than it needs to be because as you know, you cannot mass grip and then stun them all (kill them before they jump away). You just have to burn them down and do your best. Rupturing is in predictable locations now and goes around the room in sequence so just pull KJ to the first corner where it spawns to get the adds close (top right corner facing KJ). As long as everyone is mindful of the sequence (top right > bottom right > bottom left)... You should never go beyond three - it can be done before the third spawns if you focus them down quick enough. Should never get to the 4th orb even without a BDK. The extra DPS from not having a third tank could prove to be more helpful this way because you don't have mass grip...

Anyway, just my two cents
    I'm not to sure how they'd feel about going from 3 to 2 tanks as far as a strat since we're over 300 pulls on this boss at this point so they might be turned off changing this far in (also sad that orb deaths are a thing at this wipe count) I'm guessing it'd go faster if we get a successful p2 where no one dies the intermission will go faster as well

your 3rd tank being a guardian druid is fine. Ideally you would sit your prot warrior and just 2 tank with double guardian but that is probably not an option to you.

There really isn't a lot of nuiance for the second intermission without a blood DK. you kill adds before a singularity is about to land at which point you just run towards that singularity.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    your 3rd tank being a guardian druid is fine. Ideally you would sit your prot warrior and just 2 tank with double guardian but that is probably not an option to you.

There really isn't a lot of nuiance for the second intermission without a blood DK. you kill adds before a singularity is about to land at which point you just run towards that singularity.
    ya sitting the prot warrior is not really an option the guardian druid soaking is just one of our boomkins going guardian so I'm not sure of their confidence of normally tanking this fight

do you have non-blood dk's? Single grips canstill help. Generally you want to stun/knockback as many adds as possible before they teleport, the time frame for that is very small but it is doable with blinks and similar things.
    As far as singularities go, you should plan with 2. In my opinion the best way to go at this is drag the boss to the 2nd singularity position, have everyone in your raid "immune" the first knockback with either their class abilities or warlock gate(if thats not an option you might have like 2 people who just need to run to it). You'll reset illidan buff around the same time the first singularity impacts. Now you are already in the corner where the 2nd singularity spawns because thats where you started and the adds spawned, that way only very little movement is needed, you'll have around 10seconds left of the illidan buff after 2nd singularity hits, which is enough time to kill any remaining adds, thats also roughly the time you have until the 3rd singularity would spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    do you have non-blood dk's? Single grips canstill help. Generally you want to stun/knockback as many adds as possible before they teleport, the time frame for that is very small but it is doable with blinks and similar things.
    As far as singularities go, you should plan with 2. In my opinion the best way to go at this is drag the boss to the 2nd singularity position, have everyone in your raid "immune" the first knockback with either their class abilities or warlock gate(if thats not an option you might have like 2 people who just need to run to it). You'll reset illidan buff around the same time the first singularity impacts. Now you are already in the corner where the 2nd singularity spawns because thats where you started and the adds spawned, that way only very little movement is needed, you'll have around 10seconds left of the illidan buff after 2nd singularity hits, which is enough time to kill any remaining adds, thats also roughly the time you have until the 3rd singularity would spawn.
    Sadly we have no DKs period atm, also that seems like pretty good idea in terms of us we have a lock gate so first orb could be managed that way pretty easily

Quote Originally Posted by Kylusen View Post
    ya sitting the prot warrior is not really an option the guardian druid soaking is just one of our boomkins going guardian so I'm not sure of their confidence of normally tanking this fight
    tanking KJ isn't hard. I just don't think it's viable strategy wise or morale wise to sit one of your original tanks after 300 pulls because something got nerfed.

I mean, warlock gate looks easy and it is easy, but if many people do it at the same time, especially when they aren't using the mouseover-focus macro, it can go wrong quickly. That should only be something people do that have no other ability to counter the knockback. Non-goblin dk's/priests are basically the only people that can't do it.

you can also use knockbacks and ursol's vortex to gather them up; they start close enough together that you should be able to knock most of them either out or into it

then your raid just needs to know to get knocked toward the second singularity and you should make it through

Take someones shitty geared alt, the DK doesnt need any gear. IMO even if you say you dont have a DK get one anyway. It makes the phase so much easier as there will be 0 wipe potentional if everyone is alive and cds the adds
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    any blood dk alt with 900ilvl or whatever is enough to soak and mass grip and much better than any other alternative. Sad but true

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Take someones shitty geared alt, the DK doesnt need any gear. IMO even if you say you dont have a DK get one anyway. It makes the phase so much easier as there will be 0 wipe potentional if everyone is alive and cds the adds
    Sadly, this advice is most likely the best you can do.

Otherwise, aim for 2 knockbacks. Go for the biggest pile (and you need to stop them before they jump first time, just like the BDK strat). Usually 3-4 is pretty stacked. Make sure you stampede just prior, knock them together if possible (if one is far away) and get illidan buff azap.

Get someones alt DK in, they don't have to do anything for the whole fight appart from not dieing to knockbacks and getting that grip off.

Get a blood DK alt in - we ran with one for the purpose of dark phase and we wiped there twice due to getting the stun off too slow, it looks like you get to the dark phase often and keep wiping.

Have one of your rogues run cloak/glaives (still does decent boss damage and he'll do 100m or so to them dark adds with the mass grip).

Then you're pretty much 1 raid off a kill, maybe 2.

Deleted
    Here is a very solid and idiot proof guide how to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    Here is a very solid and idiot proof guide how to play it.
    thanks for video but we already got the darkness phase down this week, actually turned out to be very easy without a blood DK, working on p3 now 8% being our best attempt, so hoping to down him this coming week before the tier is over

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylusen View Post
    thanks for video but we already got the darkness phase down this week, actually turned out to be very easy without a blood DK, working on p3 now 8% being our best attempt, so hoping to down him this coming week before the tier is over
    that video was meant in a joking way - its awful play x)

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    that video was meant in a joking way - its awful play x)
    ah i didn't bother watching it. Might watch it now to see how badly it went for them

Edit: actually not as bad as i thought when you said awful play, they lived, but ya i can see where it is not to good. after a few practice runs we always pushed after 2nd orb hit sometimes skipping the 3rds spawn
    Last edited by Kylusen; 2017-11-19 at 06:46 PM.