10+ Year Old Account

Is "GG EZ" considered toxic?

It's been awhile since following the Overwatch forum, but is saying "GG EZ" in match chat after a win considered toxic in the community?

I know at one point it was frowned upon, but I don't think people went as far as saying it was toxic behavior. Its just expressing good game, easy, like the match was easy.

Every time someone says that to my team after we lose, i just say gg back and thats it. Often times I will admit, it was pretty easy for them because we didn't put up a good defense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This summons up the people that say "gg ez"

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This summons up the people that say "gg ez"
    Not really, i haven't seen people say GG EZ to me unless it was like a sweep, and they easily defeated our team.

I'll keep it simple.

Yes, it's toxic.

Deleted
    It's a giant middlefinger to the opponent. Just like saying "GG" when you lost 3vs6.

Yes it is, reason being there is absolutely no reason to rub it in just because you swept the floor with the opposing team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Not really, i haven't seen people say GG EZ to me unless it was like a sweep, and they easily defeated our team.
    It always seems to be the guy that got hard carried by the rest of their team.

Regardless, it's an idiotic thing to say. "Good game" is completely negated by the notion that it was "easy." Saying "easy" is just a nonconstructive put-down.

Though I do like it when people say "GG EZ" on the enemy team after winning the first round of a king of the hill match, after which we proceed to throw it back in their face and crush them.

Shuts them right the hell up. Weird how they aren't willing to say even "GG" after getting crushed themselves, now isn't it?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Yes it is, reason being there is absolutely no reason to rub it in just because you swept the floor with the opposing team.
    By that logic, just saying "GG" to a team you wiped the floor with could be considered toxic.

Some people don't even like seeing GG from the opposing team when they lost..

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that trying to say it in game comes out as something different the answer should be pretty clear. Going to close this here since there isn't any discussion to be had.

Deleted
    most of the time, at least in competitive, when you see a GG EZ, it's because one group was stomped.

The reason for the stomping in 90% of the games is bad communication and/or throwers/mouthheroes/people that are peerpressured to play a certain role that they can't.

Hearing a GG EZ is rubbing salt into an open wound. When you're being stomped, you know it. No need for a rub in. Especially not from a mouth hero of the opposing group.

Also, that image is so relevant...