If you had a trillion dollars......

...What 10 ideas/projects/technologies/inventions would you try to develop?

Extended life for me and world domination behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum7 View Post
    1) invent the perfect sitting apparatus to replace chairs

2) map the floors of all bodies of water on earth (namely to find the loch ness monster, flor de la mar, and peking man)

3) find ghengis khan's tomb

4) return the gros michel banana to commercial sales

5) dig to the earth's mantle

6) invent a dream recording device

7) resurrect the steller's sea cow

8) create movies of the entire history of World of Warcraft in CGI with better quality than even their modern day cinematics

9) revolutionize the education system so that kids who find their affinities at very young ages have the opportunity to pursue those interests much earlier

10) pay off all my friends and families' financial burdens

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy an island have it completely modified to be self sufficient invisible and uncharted.

Then put everything away for what I’d need. Donate a chunk of it to medical development and medicine. The rest put in and invest with causes I care about and profit from.

Take a billion and donate to the Harvey Weinstein legal fund.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Get a briefcase of oh 1 million? Helicopter and make it rain during rush hour traffic.

10M for lifelong living expenses
    999,990,000,000 toward AI development

Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    Extended life for me and world domination behind the scenes.
    I like this guys style. Plus I’d add in bionics for me to aid that world domination part.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I wouldn't have to walk to the store!

I'd take a limousine 'cuz it cossssts more!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum7 View Post
    Just the one, a computer understanding invention that I worked out around 20 years ago that I don't have the funding to get to market.

Would change the world - and that one would be enough for me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had a trillion dollars I'd buy a fur coat (but not a real fur coat that's cruel)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Just the one, a computer understanding invention that I worked out around 20 years ago that I don't have the funding to get to market.

Would change the world - and that one would be enough for me.
    If you had a world changing invention then you would already get funding...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    If you had a world changing invention then you would already get funding...
    Nope ... because you need funding to get started, not a trillion dollars - in my case it was just $200,000.

But you don't get anywhere in this world without money dude... something you will learn as you get older.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope ... because you need funding to get started, not a trillion dollars - in my case it was just $200,000.

But you don't get anywhere in this world without money dude... something you will learn as you get older.
    I'm 100% sure theres a way to get the money if the idea is that big of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by spacebuddha View Post
    I'm 100% sure theres a way to get the money if the idea is that big of a deal
    You would be wrong ... almost all great ideas die with their creators, you only see the minority that get the luck and/or money to thrive.

Just the nature of the world. Spent 20 years of my life trying to get funding, tried to even fund it myself - but life finds a way of destroying the dream.

Cocaine development
    Strip Club refurbishments
    Brothel safety
    More cocaine development
    More cocaine development
    Cure for all STI's
    Cure for HIV / AIDS
    The perfect hangover cure
    Cocaine development
    Buy the Red Light District in Amsterdam!

10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1 - convert it into GPB.
    Step 2 - realise I don't have £1tril
    Step 3 - ???
    Step 4 - Who cares, as I still have some £755bil.

Okay, really:
    -Set my family up with cash, so they don't need to worry about money, ever.
    -Donate to medical companies so they can advance their research into curing psoriasis, cancer, and other conditions.
    -Put a lump sum away (maybe something like £250bil?), just in case anything goes tits up at some point in my life, I am only 25 after all. You never know what life might bring to you.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Try to Kickstarter it?

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Try to Kickstarter it?
    Date:12/28/10
    To Me
    Subject: Michael McGregor commented on your Kickstarter submission:

Hi <me>,

Thank you for taking the time to share your idea. Unfortunately, this isn't the right fit for Kickstarter. We receive many project proposals daily and review them all with great care and appreciation. We see a wide variety of inspiring ideas, and while we value each one's uniqueness and creativity, Kickstarter is not the right platform for all of them. We wish you the best of luck as you continue to pursue your endeavor.

Best,

Mike

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Date:12/28/10
    To Me
    Subject: Michael McGregor commented on your Kickstarter submission:

Hi <me>,

Thank you for taking the time to share your idea. Unfortunately, this isn't the right fit for Kickstarter. We receive many project proposals daily and review them all with great care and appreciation. We see a wide variety of inspiring ideas, and while we value each one's uniqueness and creativity, Kickstarter is not the right platform for all of them. We wish you the best of luck as you continue to pursue your endeavor.

Best,

Mike
    =(
    Then one of the first thing I'd fund is your idea

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    =(
    Then one of the first thing I'd fund is your idea
    The issue is that I need $200,000 and 2 years to make a prototype, then the prototype to then patent and look for funding for production.

The other issue is - the number of these 'things' one could sell numbers in the single digits, more likely it wouldn't sell at all but rather become a pervasive technology like WiFi or LCD screens.