Mythic Desolate Host - Swapping Sides

Up to now I've just been tagging the topside boss with affliction before quickly bouncing down to spirit for the rest of the fight. I didn't want to try to much in terms of parses up until now. We are farming it pretty easily now so I wanted to ask if there is any reason not to hop back into the top (corporeal) side every time the downstairs boss does her Wailing Souls?

My standard rotation in H would be to swap to the top when she starts Wailing Souls, dps everything there until for about 30-45 seconds, then pop back down in time to get the next set of adds downstairs.

Will this work the same in Mythic mode? Also, someone in our guild said that the fonts disappear after you use them in Mythic, but I don't believe that is true, no?

Thx.

Watch or read a guide on for mythic level and you'll be in a better position to understand how it changes the fight.

I can only say for my guild but on heroic progress/early farm apart from the tank and a couple of healers the rest always left the Spirit realm for Wailing Souls.

On normal/heroic you can freely swap sides (mythic you cannot) however the adds do not spawn that often. This explains how to do full on padding DPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v-V9fvM5mE

There are a few factors to bare in mind though if you realm hop. Watch the timers carefully so you do not put Tormented Cries in a bad place. Also pay special attention to the Soulbind timer. If you get that and then change realm you cannot remove it. The last issue is Dissonance but that should be fine as long as people and you are sensible.

Oh and agonies in the opposite realm do not seem to increase Soul Harvest length.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2017-10-17 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Oh and agonies in the opposite realm do not seem to increase Soul Harvest length.
    Not sure this is true actually. Below is a log of mine where I did Agony on the Engine, then went down and cast Agony on 2 priestesses, the queen, and 1 residue. Got a 28s SH out of it, which is 12s + 4x4s (i.e. 5 target SH).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

(Valentà is the char name to look at)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Not sure this is true actually. Below is a log of mine where I did Agony on the Engine, then went down and cast Agony on 2 priestesses, the queen, and 1 residue. Got a 28s SH out of it, which is 12s + 4x4s (i.e. 5 target SH).

Yeah I defintely could be wrong hence the seem. I'm probably just super slow each time (and not really paying attention).
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2017-10-17 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post

28s is what you get for 4 targets, not 5, you said it yourself (12s base duration + 4x4s).
    So yeah you should keep that in mind when you SH, it only counts the agonies you have active in your current realm.

Edit - I think you're right. I was mis-reading the tooltip. You get a base 12s regardless of how many targets are affected by Agony, then 4s more for each. For some reason when I was thinking of it I had it in my head that the first target only gave you 12s, then each target beyond one gave you another 4s. Which obviously is not right, lol. Derp derp derp... ;-)
    Last edited by Tolian; 2017-10-18 at 05:43 PM.

Good conversation here guys, I didn't know about the SH detail in that fight.

However, can anyone confirm if the fonts are reusable multiple times (until the boss hits 30%) in Mythic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Aksundog View Post
    However, can anyone confirm if the fonts are reusable multiple times (until the boss hits 30%) in Mythic mode?
    In theory, the only limiting factor is individually being below 50% hp and boss hp above 30% (obviously).

I cant say that I've personally experienced it... Apparently, there is a bug where the spiritual fonts no longer appear/can't click on them? Might not have a fix? Unsure tbh...

If you wanna parse you gotta be upstairs since those adds live longer. Just dot the Queen and Adds when you get speared down and jump back out.
    Last edited by muto; 2017-10-19 at 06:46 AM.

I think the video someone linked from Yipz is for HC.

I killed M. Desolate last week for the first time and got 99/100, something very rare for me with my responsabilities as a RL and my raidgroup not being the strongest for kill timers.

This is a PoV from me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5WO3FDHx5M

What you want to do is go down with every spear you can get and dot everything, kill if possible and go up again to do the same. Burning rush helps greatly on that to improve realm swaping. For the sake of curiosity, my voice isn't there because Xbox program only recorded audio, not mic.

Dps is show at the very ending.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted
    If you want to get good parses you should always be in Corporeal realm. There's a spear that spawn just as Wailing Souls ends(when the adds spawn). Get hit by that spear, dot up everything in Spirit realm while burning rushing away from healers, lifetap down and move back to corporeal.

Deleted
    If you want to parse well, start in spirit realm, drop yourself below 50% health, precast SoC, trigger it, dot some stuff and instantly go up to dps normally. Also, you want your raid to offtank the templers, so you can tag them all with perma corruption+Sarcolash for ultimate parsing cheese.