Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least they'll have an easier time adjusting to rising automation! Not giving birth to those who wouldn't have had a job anyways because of progress in machinery.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    IMHO it seems like it alone is an issue worth looking into because it appears to be a very hard to trace or reverse phenomena. Plus the solution to birth rate decline lurks out there, if there is one, but it seems nobody wants to investigate why or how to solve it.
    I believe the solution is humping. lots of humping. first world countries tend to have less humping because people got shit to do, things to occupy valuable humping time, you know, gotta hit up facebook. third world ones tend to have more time, and less sex ed, so more humping and greater chances of said humping resulting in pregnancy.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    "gasps" Are you trying to say they are?

Kidding.

If Japan doesn't want to take many in why should they? They have no responsibility to anyone...
    They have a responsibility to the world. They should take more people in to help with the strife in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Yes but why is that the case? What about "developed" countries produces this?
    There's a lot of factors at play, but it's ultimately a product of development itself.

Go read up on it if you're interested, there's a lot written on it and there are no easy answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't surprise me. Japan is a smart country that understands that they should not bring cultures that are toxic to their way of life into their lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yeah, just xenophobic as fuck.
    You make "keeping your Country how you like it" sound like a bad thing.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There's a lot of factors at play, but it's ultimately a product of development itself.

Go read up on it if you're interested, there's a lot written on it and there are no easy answers.
    Well then, isn't that a problem? I mean that leaves countries like Somalia, Uganda, the Congo and others in a weird position. If the solution to contracting economies due to decline in birth rates is to take in immigrants that would mean countries like the EU, Britain, US, Canada and others with this problem must have a vested interest in keeping those peoples in perpetual poverty so there will always be high birth rates for them to shovel fresh humans into the gaping pit of their own countries to sustain some metric of GDP growth. It just seems like the solution of "Immigrants dude!" is one that creates a perverse incentive to keep the source of immigrants poor and thus always supplying them. I.E. its parasitic.

If the solution to birth rate decline induced by development is importing people from the undeveloped, that means the developed countries can never let the undeveloped develop, if they did than the developed would not have the quick fix.

Either that or its an incredibly short term solution and we will eventually have to find an actual local solution to negative birth rates.

Why no interest in solutions locally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Whats the news?

The Japanese are known racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Thailand has a low birth rate, Vietnam has a low birth rate, Malaysia has a low birth rate, Russia has a low birth rate, Romania has a low birth rate, Bulgaria has a low birth rate, Brazil has a low birth rate, Chile has a low birth rate, Burma is just at replacement levels, Bhutan has a low birth rate, Nepal is just at replacement levels.

How does this work out with your theory?
    My theory? What are you talking about, this isn't my theory.

http://chartsbin.com/view/3408

P.S. Russia isn't a developed country? You said it not me kek.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    They say the same sorts of things about Thai women too.
    Ofc they say it, there's Isan after all: world's best supplier of Thai mail brides

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Whats the news?

The Japanese are known racists.
    It's racist to not open the floodgates and let anyone and everyone migrate to your country?

Well then, isn't that a problem? I mean that leaves countries like Somalia, Uganda, the Congo and others in a weird position. If the solution to contracting economies due to decline in birth rates is to take in immigrants that would mean countries like the EU, Britain, US, Canada and others with this problem must have a vested interest in keeping those peoples in perpetual poverty so there will always be high birth rates for them to shovel fresh humans into the gaping pit of their own countries to sustain some metric of GDP growth. It just seems like the solution of "Immigrants dude!" is one that creates a perverse incentive to keep the source of immigrants poor and thus always supplying them. I.E. its parasitic.

If the solution to birth rate decline induced by development is importing people from the undeveloped, that means the developed countries can never let the undeveloped develop, if they did than the developed would not have the quick fix.

Either that or its an incredibly short term solution and we will eventually have to find an actual local solution to negative birth rates.

Why no interest in solutions locally?
    There are no "solutions locally".

- - - Updated - - -

It's racist to not open the floodgates and let anyone and everyone migrate to your country?
    I'm sure it's possible to talk like that and not be racist, I've never seen it but in theory it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Ofc they say it, there's Isan after all: world's best supplier of Thai mail brides
    Doesn't matter which region they're from, tell someone you've got a Thai wife/gf, and there are two questions you'll get.

"Does she have a penis?" and "Is she a mail-order bride?" They don't ask if she's Isanese.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are no "solutions locally".
    Japan seems to have a solution, that being not to worry about various metrics and not to take in migrants.

That at least solves the problems of the "Take in migrants dudes!" answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I'm sure it's possible to talk like that and not be racist, I've never seen it but in theory it could happen.
    Guess I'm racist against myself then, considering I'm an immigrant.

I just don't see why a country gets called racist because they don't accept hundreds of thousands or millions of people into their borders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Just because Japan is shirking it's responsibility doesn't mean Europe and the U.S. should as well. We all have our role to play. Do the right thing.

Also, why are you so angry against refugees who have lost everything Daneman? That's not cool.
    The absolute epitome of virtue signaling. "Do the right thing." Sanctimonious beyond belief. There is far more to the discussion of immigration than "Help the poor innocent victims." It's just NOT that unidimensional.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Just a self-loathing idiot.

(Infracted) ~ Minor Flaming
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-10-17 at 09:53 AM.

Doesn't matter which region they're from, tell someone you've got a Thai wife/gf, and there are two questions you'll get.

"Does she have a penis?" and "Is she a mail-order bride?" They don't ask if she's Isanese.
    Well, those are stereotypes, and stereotypes exist for a reason, in all honesty, I have no problem w/ it.

They don't ask if she's Isanese.
    That's prob the first thing that Thai people or people who're familiar w/ Thailand ask just for shits and giggles

I hope Japan keeps up the good fight. I can't imagine how the older generation feels seeing how everything has changed. I respect Japan for trying to keep its culture.

I just don't see why a country gets called racist because they don't accept hundreds of thousands or millions of people into their borders.
    Well, what race are you? Does it happen to be the one that has pretty no trouble migrating to any country on Earth, and therefore has no idea of the problems that other people face trying to do the same thing?

Again, if people have thought the way 'internet tuf guyz'' are acting on this thread, we would all live in minuscules villages terrified of those dirty impure wumin stealing strangers from the village 10 kilometres away.

Because the point that way above MAGAboys head is that the little issue with xenophobia is that it's SUPAH KOOL LULZ when you are in the crowd doing the lynchings, like in the hallowed times of the Deep South. It's a lot less amusing when you are the one lynched-and you are always the subhuman vermin unworthy of life for someone else.

For instance, MAGAboys are presumably in love with eugenism-after all it was a doctrine copied from the hysterical squeakings of MASTAH HITLER and thus good-they don't realize that the eugenists laws in the USA were targeting poor whites*

(Infracted) ~ Trolling
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-10-17 at 10:09 AM.