Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Not really, elves are now allied to the Undead and Orcs that burned their own lands.

And that a single blood elf could fuck so much shit up only shows how bad their defences were.
    Or you could spend a little quality time reading learn about the elf gates.

Your point doesn't change the fact that the night elves, who have fought for thousands of years had to be lectured on how to fight and then had to be saved by humans. The only time the High/blood elves asked humans for help was when both parties were threatened. The first was to stop the trolls, who would have wiped both humans and elves out, the second time was Kael'thas wanting to help wipe out the scourge from Lordaeron.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Or you could spend a little quality time reading learn about the elf gates.

Your point doesn't change the fact that the night elves, who have fought for thousands of years had to be lectured on how to fight and then had to be saved by humans. The only time the High/blood elves asked humans for help was when both parties were threatened. The first was to stop the trolls, who would have wiped both humans and elves out, the second time was Kael'thas wanting to help wipe out the scourge from Lordaeron.
    I am aware of how they work, doesn't change the fact that one rotten apple destroyed everything which means their defence was not as good as you think it was.

And the Blood Elves also went to the Alliance in MoP trying to get help. The High Elves had to go to the Ghostlands and help them, too.

It doesn't matter if you're 10,000 years old, it's been shown time and again that the mortals are perfectly capable of competing with long lived races.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-10-19 at 07:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, do not listen to Rhlor. The insults were the night elves and the blood elves. The Nightborne spies were doing something "beyond the simple japes"
    Sorry to tell you, but reading through the quest and noticing what's going on, it's kinda pointing towards the Nightborne who appeared as Blood elves and Night elves. Until I get some solid proof of otherwise, I really don't see it any other way, like some others. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aware of how they work, doesn't change the fact that one rotten apple destroyed everything which means their defence was not as good as you think it was.
    Defenses that have to be broken from the inside are good defenses, I am not sure how you even try to spin that as an insult.

And the Blood Elves also went to the Alliance in MoP trying to get help. The High Elves had to go to the Ghostlands and help them, too.
    you mean where Varian approached them? And the High elves were invited to Quel'thalas, or does that count as begging now too?

It doesn't matter if you're 10,000 years old, it's been shown time and again that the mortals are perfectly capable of competing with long lived races.
    The insults only matter if its against the Horde!!1!!1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Sorry to tell you, but reading through the quest and noticing what's going on, it's kinda pointing towards the Nightborne who appeared as Blood elves and Night elves. Until I get some solid proof of otherwise, I really don't see it any other way, like some others. *shrug*
    If it was the Nightborne doing the pranks, it wouldn't have been worded with "Beyond the " it would have been something along the lines of "along with"
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

No, do not listen to Rhlor. The insults were the night elves and the blood elves. The Nightborne spies were doing something "beyond the simple japes"
    I actually got that from WoW Head. Now I'm confused as hell.

If those are really belven jabs, then it does appear that they know the link, either by theory or knowing as a fact for sure. But I'm still not convinced that belves have any better attitude toward trolls. They might not feel affected because they don't even affirmate themselves with nelves. And they still used trolls as a way to insult them.

I'm going to let it rest then.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    does official blizzard works for u ? check wowpedia night elves page
    they also refuse 'kindly' Velen suggest that Elune behaves exactly like a Naaru
    I don't know what you're reffering to exactly.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I think its simply Night Elves are religious and feel they came from Elune themselves. Blood Elves being more scientific just shrug at the notion or accept it.

It's like when a Christian strongly believe in being made from Adam and Eve, they most likely will strongly dislike the theory of say evolution. They will outwardly be offended and deny the existence altogether which is what Night Elves do. They believe in the Mother Moon being their direct creator - the fact is they are half right though but will tend to slide away from the Troll incorporation.

It's why Blood Elves poke fun. Because Night Elves will deliberately overt the fact they were Trolls originally. Judging from the fact that Night Elves don't reply with the same jib like "She's your mother too, idiot" kind of way, it's probably been tried before and it rolled over the Blood Elves and the insult was just stopped being used against the Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I actually got that from WoW Head. Now I'm confused as hell.

If those are really belven jabs, then it does appear that they know the link, either by theory or knowing as a fact for sure. But I'm still not convinced that belves have any better attitude toward trolls. They might not feel affected because they don't even affirmate themselves with nelves. And they still used trolls as a way to insult them.

I'm going to let it rest then.

I don't know what you're reffering to exactly.
    Velen commented that Elune sounded like a powerful Naruu, Tyrande politely told him to shut his heretic mouth.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Ok, lets say Nightborne did it.

Why would they insult themselves by insulting Night Elves.

Aside from the obvious, that they are filthy french elves.
    Are you... actually asking that question? If I were an African in a big ass city who was threatening to rule the world AND I had an army (half black, half white) about to break down the doors to my capitol and kill our leader AND I infiltrated their camps using magic disguises.. do you seriously think I wouldn't insult my own heritage in order to start infighting between them? I would not be afraid to drop every racial slur in the book if it meant saving the city and my way of life. Do you seriously think they were like, "Oh gee, we can't possibly say that about those night elves cuz... gosh, that would be bad about us too..."

- - - Updated - - -

The quest text does nothing to show that the spies created the conflict, merely exploited the pranks and hatred that was already there. The quest text specifically says "Beyond these simple japes." As in there are other things than the elves simply insulting each-other, if the night borne are doing anything, they are probably escalating the fights.
    You're still reading it wrong though. He isn't saying that the elves are for sure the ones causing the "japes". "Beyond these simple japes," just means that he's suspicious because it isn't JUST simple japes, and he feels that, because it isn't just these japes, something more serious is at foot. Basically, he's saying that he could reasonably see the two groups of elves making fun of each other, but he didn't expect literal fighting to emerge between the groups which is what tipped him off that the entire thing might be a ploy caused by spies.

There is not any direct evidence that any of the three groups were the ones to start anything. Your entire theory operates under the assumption that the Nelves and Belves are for sure the ones who started the japes in the first place, but there is not any evidence of that. Then you have the fact that we for sure know that there is Nightborne influence escalating the problem beyond pranks. The safer assumption to make is the one that the Nightborne probably started the fire and then escalated it when the jokes came. The elves are probably still the ones creating the jokes, but they wouldn't have without influence otherwise.

It seems highly likely that this was an ongoing plan to have both elven groups assist for their own reasons. I don't think they would have taken anybody who they were 100% certain of causing conflict. That's probably why certain Belves who have shown to be racist towards the night elves were not there. You have to think like an army. Like... for the longest time, the US military wouldn't allow women to be on the ground in battle because they were afraid that a lady might stir up a man into hormonal thoughts which would distract him from his task. It sounds stupid, but you plan ahead for the best chances of success because war isn't a game. You take zero risks if possible. That's what I meant earlier when I said both sides would not be that stupid. This is a very important war. We've seen the Alliance and horde come together during the Siege of Org, and that was when tensions were EXTREMELY high between the two. As a Horde player, I was saved every week from a Korkron ambush when Tyrande and her army showed up to take them out. War is scary and it makes people forget their problems to fight a common enemy... That's why the Army of Legionfall and the class orders were made... You see my point, right?
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-10-20 at 11:45 AM.

I can't help but wonder, with people discussing if the Blood Elves know about the troll link or not...

Do the Nightborne even know about it? Considering they are Night Elves that lived in a bubble secluded from the rest of the world for 10.000 years, and the fact that this link was discovered only recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Are you... actually asking that question? If I were an African in a big ass city who was threatening to rule the world AND I had an army (half black, half white) about to break down the doors to my capitol and kill our leader AND I infiltrated their camps using magic disguises.. do you seriously think I wouldn't insult my own heritage in order to start infighting between them? I would not be afraid to drop every racial slur in the book if it meant saving the city and my way of life. Do you seriously think they were like, "Oh gee, we can't possibly say that about those night elves cuz... gosh, that would be bad about us too..."

- - - Updated - - -

You're still reading it wrong though. He isn't saying that the elves are for sure the ones causing the "japes". "Beyond these simple japes," just means that he's suspicious because it isn't JUST simple japes, and he feels that, because it isn't just these japes, something more serious is at foot. Basically, he's saying that he could reasonably see the two groups of elves making fun of each other, but he didn't expect literal fighting to emerge between the groups which is what tipped him off that the entire thing might be a ploy caused by spies.

There is not any direct evidence that any of the three groups were the ones to start anything. Your entire theory operates under the assumption that the Nelves and Belves are for sure the ones who started the japes in the first place, but there is not any evidence of that. Then you have the fact that we for sure know that there is Nightborne influence escalating the problem beyond pranks. The safer assumption to make is the one that the Nightborne probably started the fire and then escalated it when the jokes came. The elves are probably still the ones creating the jokes, but they wouldn't have without influence otherwise.

It seems highly likely that this was an ongoing plan to have both elven groups assist for their own reasons. I don't think they would have taken anybody who they were 100% certain of causing conflict. That's probably why certain Belves who have shown to be racist towards the night elves were not there. You have to think like an army. Like... for the longest time, the US military wouldn't allow women to be on the ground in battle because they were afraid that a lady might stir up a man into hormonal thoughts which would distract him from his task. It sounds stupid, but you plan ahead for the best chances of success because war isn't a game. You take zero risks if possible. That's what I meant earlier when I said both sides would not be that stupid. This is a very important war. We've seen the Alliance and horde come together during the Siege of Org, and that was when tensions were EXTREMELY high between the two. As a Horde player, I was saved every week from a Korkron ambush when Tyrande and her army showed up to take them out. War is scary and it makes people forget their problems to fight a common enemy... That's why the Army of Legionfall and the class orders were made... You see my point, right?

You keep talking about proof, as if the quote you are using somehow makes it so all of this was Nightborne in design. The quote says "Beyond these simple japes"

None of this is proof that the nightborne caused everything, if you wan't to seriously argue that it was, then you must have thought the blood elves and night elves like each-other before? They hated each other, it was a conflict noted on many times. If they were worried about brining people who would start fights, they wouldn't have brought Vereesa, who couldn't be trusted to hold a flank, nor they wouldn't have brought Rommath who thought the night elves were animals and that Vereesa was lower than one.

The quote is worded in a way that obviously something is going on beyond the insults, but it does not proove that the elves are innocent. The kirin'tor guards go out of their way to say how the hatred between these elves makes the Horde VS Alliance look like child play, do you honestly not think that the blood elves wouldn't insult the night elves and vice versa?
    Holy shit lol

You keep talking about proof, as if the quote you are using somehow makes it so all of this was Nightborne in design. The quote says "Beyond these simple japes"

None of this is proof that the nightborne caused everything, if you wan't to seriously argue that it was, then you must have thought the blood elves and night elves like each-other before? They hated each other, it was a conflict noted on many times. If they were worried about brining people who would start fights, they wouldn't have brought Vereesa, who couldn't be trusted to hold a flank, nor they wouldn't have brought Rommath who thought the night elves were animals and that Vereesa was lower than one.

The quote is worded in a way that obviously something is going on beyond the insults, but it does not proove that the elves are innocent. The kirin'tor guards go out of their way to say how the hatred between these elves makes the Horde VS Alliance look like child play, do you honestly not think that the blood elves wouldn't insult the night elves and vice versa?
    I do think they wouldn't insult each other ordinarily in this situation. They wouldn't have brought the two factions together if they thought it wouldn't be beneficial. If they were busy fighting each other and pulling pranks, they would be losing the point. A single elven army would be better than two fighting each other. Just because you hate somebody does not mean you aren't willing to put aside your differences in order to benefit yourself if it's major enough... and I'd say the potential risk of the entire world exploding is probably a big enough thing to cause two groups of warring factions to put aside their differences. The Lich King was a big enough threat for the Horde and the Alliance to both park up in Dalaran, and the Legion was a big enough threat to make it happen again.

I'm asking you if you seriously think that these people would be so petty as to insult each other when they're facing the end of the world should they fail, because I REALLY don't think they're that stupid. If they are, then Blizzard has done a piss-poor job at writing, because there's simply no way this would happen in reality. Threats THIS huge demand full attention. Some jokes would surely be had in-camp behind closed doors, but they wouldn't attempt to actually escalate the situation beyond that. It's just not sensible to do so in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I do think they wouldn't insult each other ordinarily in this situation. They wouldn't have brought the two factions together if they thought it wouldn't be beneficial. If they were busy fighting each other and pulling pranks, they would be losing the point. A single elven army would be better than two fighting each other. Just because you hate somebody does not mean you aren't willing to put aside your differences in order to benefit yourself if it's major enough... and I'd say the potential risk of the entire world exploding is probably a big enough thing to cause two groups of warring factions to put aside their differences. The Lich King was a big enough threat for the Horde and the Alliance to both park up in Dalaran, and the Legion was a big enough threat to make it happen again.

I'm asking you if you seriously think that these people would be so petty as to insult each other when they're facing the end of the world should they fail, because I REALLY don't think they're that stupid. If they are, then Blizzard has done a piss-poor job at writing, because there's simply no way this would happen in reality. Threats THIS huge demand full attention. Some jokes would surely be had in-camp behind closed doors, but they wouldn't attempt to actually escalate the situation beyond that. It's just not sensible to do so in this situation.
    They are elves, of course they are that petty to do something like that.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-10-20 at 02:18 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Like it's bad being related to trolls.

Silly night elves are unaware they actually devolved.
    Troll masta race <3
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-10-20 at 02:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post

Troll masta race <3
    They lost their awesome tusks and grew extra unnecesary fingers

For shame
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    They lost their awesome tusks and grew extra unnecesary fingers

For shame
    Also regeneration and limb regrowing!

Velen commented that Elune sounded like a powerful Naruu, Tyrande politely told him to shut his heretic mouth.
    Yea I know the story, I just don't see why he brought that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post

Troll masta race <3
    I don't get it either. even if elves consider themselves superior to trolls, I think it's much better to come from a race that created the first civilisation on Azeroth than let's say Gronn or Pygmy. Trolls are strong and cunning so I really don't see anything bad in being related to them.

But then again nelves came from Dark trolls - the only troll offshot that didn't create any civilisation, maybe subconciously they were jelly of ther troll tribes achivements hence such a hostility?
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-10-20 at 09:49 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I don't get it either. even if elves consider themselves superior to trolls, I think it's much better to come from a race that created the first civilisation on Azeroth than let's say Gronn or Pygmy. Trolls are strong and cunning so I really don't see anything bad in being related to them.

But then again nelves came from Dark trolls - the only troll offshot that didn't create any civilisation, maybe subconciously they were jelly of ther troll tribes achivements hence such a hostility?
    Just elves being elves acting all superior and mighty.

Well, if blood elves gonna talk about racism, let's just remind them of a friendly human warlord called Garrithos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Also racists use monkey as a racist term despite also being descendant from apes etc
    First of all, what does this statement have anything to do with this thread? And secondly, you're wrong. Humans are not descendants of apes, we share a common ancestor. How dense are you people?

Anyway, OP is mostly right. Blood Elves share the same ancestor as their Night Elf cousins. So the insult doesn't make much sense, or they would also insult themselves. You could say the Blood Elves evolved further than their Night Elf cousins though. So they might see Night Elves are having more Troll features. (tall, dark skin)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    First of all, what does this statement have anything to do with this thread? And secondly, you're wrong. Humans are not descendants of apes, we share a common ancestor. How dense are you people?

Anyway, OP is mostly right. Blood Elves share the same ancestor as their Night Elf cousins. So the insult doesn't make much sense, or they would also insult themselves. You could say the Blood Elves evolved further than their Night Elf cousins though. So they might see Night Elves are having more Troll features. (tall, dark skin)
    To be honest, even with a slight missed detail, you're on the same page. Trolls are the same ancestors of both. Night Elves and Blood Elves are like the apes and humans. It's very much akin to the topic despite your objection.

Which actually strengthen your reasoning. Blood Elves see themselves as the Humans (as intelligent, civilised, educated, extensive and realistic ideologies) where Night Elves are the apes (seen by Blood Elves to be primitive, unrealistic ideologies due to their religious staying power and worship, uncivilised with living in trees, uneducated as they pursue unethical education like Druidism and so on, follow fanciful/mythical people like demi gods) in with that comparison.

Of course, that makes the comparison sound strange as I tried to juxtapose real life values with unrealistic attributes because an ape doesn't follow magical creatures or worship gods but I was just simply tying it in.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-10-21 at 01:58 PM.