Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do Trump supporters tend to be anti video game?

this guy supports Trump

Do they think gamers are school shooters?

If I told Trump supporters that the Venezuelan travel ban is stupid and that if Venezuelans were to visit America and play Mass Effect they would want a future that is united by freedom, democracy, and of course cool looking aliens would they think I would be training potential killers?
    Last edited by CmdrShep2154; 2017-10-14 at 04:56 PM.

If horseshoe theory is anything to go by.

I don't think so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    If horseshoe theory is anything to go by
    How about people who use no avatar.

Actually, ever since Jack Thompson (remember him?) got disbarred, I think the whole 'video games make kids kill' has really faded away. Gaming is so mainstream now that people realize the whole thing was stupid to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Actually, ever since Jack Thompson (remember him?) got disbarred, I think the whole 'video games make kids kill' has really faded away. Gaming is so mainstream now that people realize the whole thing was stupid to begin with.
    Anita Sarkeesian came after Thompson, although her BS was more about how "video games make kids misogynists"...I do believe she's faded away too now. Sarkeesian wouldn't exactly be a Trump supporter, though.

Deleted
    Of course - that is why we post on, ostensibly, a video game forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are the Trump supporters on this forum going to defend this tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How about people who use no avatar.
    It works for WoW characters as well. Orcs and Blood elves on the extreme right and Night elves on the extreme left.

Deleted
    It works for WoW characters as well. Orcs and Blood elves on the extreme right and Night elves on the extreme left.
    How about people who have at least one character of each race in WoW?

I don't think so.
    This... is so brilliant and spot on.

"Long dead white person with a creepy smile" is killing me.

I mean really, though, that's a 2012 tweet (and Trump changes his mind so often there's no way of knowing if he still believes it) and a 2013 video. Why even bring it up now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a lefty and I would play orc before I play nelf.

They'll be whatever emperor Trump inspires them to be. Atleast in public, in private they might betray the loyalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Mass Effect too, but, don't you think its time to move on with your life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lefty here.

I played a Belfadin.
    Putin khuliyo

I don't think so.
    Damn, that is accurate.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're on a video game forum, where all of the Trump supporters love video games.

Yes, the vast majority of Trumpkins think video games and anime make you a gay trans furry, but the few here will completely disagree because... well it's obvious why.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Eh, the alt-right and it's derivatives certainly seem really cozy with games at least. They were closely tied with the gamergate nonsense after all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    How are the Trump supporters on this forum going to defend this tweet.
    The same way they always do. By denying reality unless it supports what Trump says. It's not as if we're dealing with sentient beings capable of thought here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Well you gotta remember that trump is a 72 year old. He thinks we should all be golfing and getting a loan from our dads to start a business.
    Yes, but again, this is a five year old post. 100% guarantee he's forgotten he ever made it. Unless he's actually suggesting video games be legislated, who cares? We already know how terrible he is, no need to stoke the fire.