Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Battle rap in your country

I was just curious how battle-rap culture is doing in other countries. In Russia, last 5 years, somehow it moved from underground level to mainstream, youtube numbers are very big, even news channels are talking about most hyped battles.
    And i just found few weeks ago KOTD project after it was hyped in russian youtube, oxxxymiron vs dizaster battle, so i was curiuos why battle rap culture is dying (as it seems to me) in USA and other countries and becaming big industry in Russia, for example?
    What you think about all this battle rap stuff?
    As for me, it was very interesting to see how russians and americans were doing battle , btw, have anyone seen it?

10+ Year Old Account
    In Germany we got some battle rap "celebrities" but they are all morons, childish shit.

It's like a combination of World Wide Wrestling and rap? How do they judge who won?

Looks like they rap about real life issues. It's interesting I might watch more of it when I get a chance.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a thing.. in Denmark.. but it isn't a big thing.. A form of sublevel entertainment...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Once it went mainstream, Canada ruined it and turned it into awkward poetry. No music.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

So rap in Russia is still a thing? How peculiar...

Yup, I'm from Russia, and I can say that Rap VS is a very popular thing here. With Oxxy being a world class rapper now (apparently), we are expecting Slava KPSS (Гнойный) to challenge Eminem, because honestly, he can.

Edit: а, ТС из Питера. Тут все ясно.
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2017-10-24 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    In Germany we got some battle rap "celebrities" but they are all morons, childish shit.
    We have BUSHIDO! He copies most evil most trueve evil black metal champions like DIMMU BORGIR! We have the best in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Yup, I'm from Russia, and I can say that Rap VS is a very popular thing here. With Oxxy being a world class rapper now (apparently), we are expecting Slava KPSS (Гнойный) to challenge Eminem, because honestly, he can.

Edit: а, ТС из Питера. Тут все ясно.
    So I didn't find anything in english from him? is he going to challenge eminem in russian?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    So I didn't find anything in english from him? is he going to challenge eminem in russian?
    Eminem will clearly lose. He will be out of words!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    To be fair, I don't think Oxxy had anything in English beforehand either.

Deleted
    Interesting. I like anything populist where intelligence is involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    I was just curious how battle-rap culture is doing in other countries. In Russia, last 5 years, somehow it moved from underground level to mainstream, youtube numbers are very big, even news channels are talking about most hyped battles.
    And i just found few weeks ago KOTD project after it was hyped in russian youtube, oxxxymiron vs dizaster battle, so i was curiuos why battle rap culture is dying (as it seems to me) in USA and other countries and becaming big industry in Russia, for example?
    What you think about all this battle rap stuff?
    As for me, it was very interesting to see how russians and americans were doing battle , btw, have anyone seen it?
    If I wanted to see two people hurt each other, i'd rather see it being done with fists than words.

That said, in the US, we have it on TV, on the radio, and on the internet. It's popular enough.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Rap can be good but I always found rap battles to be retarded.

NSFW, adult language!

This is the American side I guess.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

This is preferable to real battles so...do as you please, no one will stop you.

edit: Hello future anthropologist. Thank you for taking the time to dig up old archives about the origins of battle rap. The purpose of this note is an attempt to explain that there was a time in human history when people didn't speak exclusively in rhymes.

I thought Battlerapping was done and over with last decade in the US.

It envolves talking like someone with brain damage and mentioning the other person's mother alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I thought Battlerapping was done and over with last decade in the US.
    It should have been, it's the stupidest and most cringe worthy thing on the tube. Now we have Mayim Bialik(Blossum and Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory) battle wrapping on the latest TV travesty, Drop the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    It should have been, it's the stupidest and most cringe worthy thing on the tube. Now we have Mayim Bialik(Blossum and Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory) battle wrapping on the latest TV travesty, Drop the mic.
    Then you haven’t seen
    EPIC
    RAP
    BATTLES
    OF
    HISTORY
    There are hundreds of these things.
    Example...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8mmM2l6ejrA