Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    "Other countries have authoritarian despotic regimes, so why can't we?" isn't a particularly strong argument.
    it's not about authoritarian despotic regimes, it's about respecting the local culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    as a Canadian i find Quebec to probably be the most intolerant place for any one even other Canadians place is a hell hole.
    Yeah, don't come see us. We take strangers, dip them in maple syrup then eat them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If they wanted to bring their culture that shattered their civilization they should of stayed home.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    good for them, more and more common sense seems to be coming about!
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Good for Quebec. Any step that can be taken to oppose the ... philosophy... in question is worth it, no matter how incremental. Those who reject the fundamental principles of the Enlightenment and its offspring, Western Liberal Democracy, are not a good fit for the society of Western nations.

Unless they abandon their medievalist practices and assimilate. Then they are most welcome.

Wow, I can't believe that you all figured out all it took to stop terrorism was to stop women from wearing face coverings.

Man if only we had listened sooner. 9/11? London Bridge bombing? Al'Qaeda? ISIS? Never would've happened. If women simply hadn't worn face coverings, those terrorists would have thrown down their islamic faith and committed themselves and become secular scientists working towards the singularity to better all of man kind. Cancer would have been cured decades ago. How blind we were.

Years of violence both internal and from abroad? A constant unseating of government? Extreme poverty and corruption? nope. Those were nothing. Had nothing to do with terrorism. Little did we know it was all about the face scarves.

So congrats. You solved it! You and the fashion police.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not that I'm excusing religious and cultural oppression, but...

I'm pretty sure most, if not all of these instances can be a government employee on some level, or at least a "public worker". You can probably find several dozen more examples.
    The only way you could have possibly made a poorer analogy would be to argue that Canada should also make motorcycle helmets illegal.

Also, good for Quebec.

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    it's not about authoritarian despotic regimes, it's about respecting the local culture.
    That's...that's authoritarianism. What, you're going to force them to buy Christmas trees next?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If they wanted to bring their culture that shattered their civilization they should of stayed home.
    I'm pretty sure their civilizations were shattered by CIA-led coups and bombings.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's a violation of their First Amendment rights.
    Please tell me what the Canadian First Amendment is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Nope. Just fear.

Cowards gonna cower.
    Or not. You're not really putting forth a strong argument.
    There is absolutely no reason for a person to cover his/her face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    @Tennisace, why is Canada so racist towards it's Muslim inhabitants?

[Infracted - Abusing mention feature]
    You can't be RACIST towards a RELIGION. It's because of people like you that everyone is laughing at your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Please tell me what the Canadian First Amendment is.

- - - Updated - - -

Or not. You're not really putting forth a strong argument.
    There is absolutely no reason for a person to cover his/her face.
    Why do they need a reason?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You can't be RACIST towards a RELIGION. It's because of people like you that everyone is laughing at your country.
    Yeah. Whoever heard of white people using racial justification for religious persecution. Could Jew imagine that?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it is not. It is not in USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it's not, because Canada doesn't have the '1st Amendment'. No one who represents the government or anyone being sworn in as a citizen, should have their face covered. Canada is under no obligation to bend to Sharia Law. "Religious Freedom" only goes so far. Islam still permits slavery, wife beating, Honour Killings, & pedophila. Are you suggesting we allow those things in Canada too, because it's part of their "religion"? Fuck no.
    Last edited by Synros; 2017-10-19 at 02:53 PM.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Except it's not, because Canada doesn't have the '1st Amendment'. No one who represents the government or anyone being sworn in as a citizen, should have their face covered. Canada is under no obligation to bend to Sharia Law.
    Ever heard of charter of rights and freedoms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Ever heard of charter of rights and freedoms?
    See my edited post.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a Canadian i find Quebec to probably be the most intolerant place for any one even other Canadians place is a hell hole.
    Says the Canadian which country hardly supports French Canadian minority rights outside Québec.

from my experience there intolerant to every one who isn't from Quebec and seem to have a distant for people who don't speak french. but maybe thats just how i've experienced it
    Old people are. They were raised by people who followed the church that made a deal with the English people to let Quebec speak french. From that moment it became somewhat of a defence mechanism to be intolerant to English people. That changed a lot throughout the years, the younger generations are not separatists and much more open minded, most even go out of their way to learn English because they understand that we are part of an English speaking country and French is a mostly useless language in the world.

Being linguistically handicapped by laws forcing French here is a really fucking bad thing, people are starting to realize this, better late as fuck than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    See my edited post.
    Still wrong. Canada has an obligation to ensure people's freedom of religion is not infringed upon. I would also suggest you educate yourself on islam before spewing non-sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not that I'm excusing religious and cultural oppression, but...

I'm pretty sure most, if not all of these instances can be a government employee on some level, or at least a "public worker". You can probably find several dozen more examples.
    Holy shit, you've reach peak levels of false comparisons...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You can how ever use a religion as a scape goat to be racist. Like when people call Sikh’s muslims because there looking for a reason to hate brown people.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    could it be an issue of linguistics then? I have never had pleasant interactions with people who primarily speak french.
    Yes but mostly for very old reasons about the conflict between english and french colonists and the church making a deal to let quebec speak french when the french actually lost to the english.

- - - Updated - - -

You can how ever use a religion as a scape goat to be racist. Like when people call Sikh’s muslims because there looking for a reason to hate brown people.
    Yeah, people can twist shit around all they want and ignore the meaning of words too. That's just religious discrimination at this point but I guess it's too long to say/type haha.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Says the Canadian which country hardly supports French Canadian minority rights outside Québec.
    I don’t understand the point your trying to make can you clarify?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Good on Quebec. Seeing quite a lot of places doing this now. About damn time.