Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Here's a thought: Break California up into 6 smaller states...

Interesting idea presented on Adam Carolla's show... break California up into 6 states and let them compete.

No, just no. This idea gets raised every 10 years or so, and just gets swept under the carpet. The state is stronger together, which is better for the country. Sixth largest economy in the world and whatnot.

Sure, while you're at it ditch the electoral college and reduce the number of senators to one in the 25 lowest population states.

FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!

Hey I'm fucking brilliant also.

Let's break up Texas into the state of Austin, Houston, etc. Let's break up Georgia into the state of Atlanta. Let's break up the state of Florida into Miami, Orlando, etc.

I'm I doing this right??????
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    No, just no. This idea gets raised every 10 years or so, and just gets swept under the carpet. The state is stronger together, which is better for the country. Sixth largest economy in the world and whatnot.
    which would all still exist if it were in 6 different states, it would just be from 6 different states instead of 1.

The primary bebfit I see to this, is you don't have people in wildly different climates and enviornments making laws for other people... Like Sacramento making laws for high population density Southern/Central California that aren't wanted by low pop density Northern CA, like most of CA's gun laws.

Not saying it should happen but, it I'm not saying it shouldn't either.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-10-18 at 03:00 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!

Hey I'm fucking brilliant also.

Let's break up Texas into the state of Austin, Houston, etc. Let's break up Georgia into the state of Atlanta. Let's break up the state of Florida into Miami, Orlando, etc.

I was just about to say that! Curse you for beating me to the chase, poop-Trump-man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Sure, while you're at it ditch the electoral college and reduce the number of senators to one in the 25 lowest population states.
    I like this idea too!

Why would you want to destroy California's economy? That does nothing but hurt the country as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why would you want to destroy California's economy? That does nothing but hurt the country as a whole.
    You just don't get it. Its one of the dirty libbbbbbberal states and for some reason it is so unfair that the few cukservatives don't get their equal representation.

We all know that NEVER happens in other states.

Btw. I know you know that we all know what we should know, but some I guess do not know. Yes, the previous sentence makes as much sense as Adam Corolla.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Clearly not, your plan would help democrats!
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

You just don't get it. Its one of the dirty libbbbbbberal states and for some reason it is so unfair that the few cukservatives don't get their equal representation.

We all know that NEVER happens in other states.

Btw. I know you know that we all know what we should know, but some I guess do not know. Yes, the previous sentence makes as much sense as Adam Corolla.
    Well, the conservative Jefferson and Central California would be complete shitholes without the rest of the state propping them up. They'd make Mississippi look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Clearly not, your plan would help democrats!
    You are right. I guess I failed civics. My bad.

We should break up every state into as many states as possible so that only one specific demographic is within each state...

Or, you could just stop with the constant legislation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Well, the conservative Jefferson and Central California would be complete shitholes without the rest of the state propping them up. They'd make Mississippi look good.
    Missing a big part of the Dark Fantasy. Somehow Jefferson and Central would get withhold water from the more liberal ministates.

Which is telling, they see themselves as Joe Immortan with power derived from aqua cola. And they also saw Joe Immortan as the hero of the story... which is sad.

Of course they forget that San Francisco and Los Angeles own their reservoirs. So this right wing fantasy is going to have to trash property rights just to stick it to the libs.

Also the State of Jefferson should just be renamed to the State sponsored by Nestle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be afraid one of the smaller parts would fall off the edge of the world.

Why don't we amalgamate the taker states into bigger states so they might get a functional economy and suck less money out of the federal government instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Missing a big part of the Dark Fantasy. Somehow Jefferson and Central would get withhold water from the more liberal ministates.

Which is telling, they see themselves as Joe Immortan with power derived from aqua cola. And they also saw Joe Immortan as the hero of the story... which is sad.

Of course they forget that San Francisco and Los Angeles own their reservoirs. So this right wing fantasy is going to have to trash property rights just to stick it to the libs.

Also the State of Jefferson should just be renamed to the State sponsored by Nestle.
    The most hilarious part about it... is that is what they actually believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We should break up every state into as many states as possible so that only one specific demographic is within each state...

Or, you could just stop with the constant legislation.
    You know what? I want my own effin state!

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

Oh, yes, can't forget how they want to impose sanctions on other Americans. True patriots.

I think some of the mid-western states could use a merge. With ridiculously low population, distance would be the only hardship in terms of management...which isn't much of a problem anymore thanks to today's telecommunication technology.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I think some of the mid-western states could use a merge. With ridiculously low population, distance would be the only hardship in terms of management...which isn't much of a problem anymore thanks to today's telecommunication technology.
    Exactly! Why are there two Dakotas?