Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[Potential Leak] Next Expac Title: Tides of Vengeance

Feel free to rage, discredit, or otherwise bash this "leak" as much as you all want.

Or even close if it's a duplicate thread.

I'm merely only presenting my finding.

Found this on the Warcraft sub-reddit:

Supposedly comes from 4chan.

Somebody made a point saying that it could be that the person taking the picture was purposely trying to hide the camera, being as it probably being illegal for it to be spread like this.

My only point to contend that it could be a real leak is the name: Tides of Vengeance.

- name encompasses everything to do with the (assumingly) next batch of content dealing with the South Seas, the naga, Kul Tiras by using "Tides"
    - "Vengeance" to speak about Queen Azshara's revenge on the surface world

A very Blizzard-like title for a WoW expansion.

EDIT: Full image added (10/23/2017)

Last edited by MechaCThun; 2017-10-24 at 02:13 AM.

I mean, I've no comment on the validity, but I think the name sounds cool. I'd be happy enough with that as a title.

Im pretty sure people have already busted that one as fake in the other forums posts

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be an edit of the Legion logo, according to the "frame."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Tides of war and tides of darkness also. But one is already taken bya jaina's novel... OH MY GOD

Deleted
    So why cross out the name? That makes no sense. Maybe that way it's harder to spot it's a fake? Cause one could analyze the letters. Tides of Vengeance is too close to Tides of War and Tides of Darkness. I expect every leak with "Tides" in the title to be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    So why cross out the name? That makes no sense. Maybe that way it's harder to spot it's a fake? Cause one could analyze the letters. Tides of Vengeance is too close to Tides of War and Tides of Darkness. I expect every leak with "Tides" in the title to be fake.
    Legion was too simple too. And we got it as a name.

Deleted
    Also OPs name used to be FunctionalSTR. He changed it probably as a variation, even an anagram, of the name meshuggah, who posted this leak once.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...han-and-reddit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Legion was too simple too. And we got it as a name.
    I didn't say the name was too simple, but fake leaks use it because of Tides of Darkness or Tides of War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Tides of war and tides of darkness also. But one is already taken bya jaina's novel... OH MY GOD
    Tides of Darkness was also the title of Warcraft II, cuz it introduced naval combat.

Tides of Vengeance as a sort've call back to that? CONFIRMED.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also OPs name used to be FunctionalSTR. He changed it probably as a variation, even an anagram, of the name meshuggah, who posted this leak once.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...han-and-reddit

You could have gone all the way with your research on my account, to see that the "meshuggah" poster and myself are 2 separate accounts. And to see that other leak is an actual leak instead of me just posting an image.

Poor investigative work Anduin, I thought you more cunning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    You could have gone all the way with your research on my account, to see that the "meshuggah" poster and myself are 2 separate accounts. And to see that other leak is an actual leak instead of me just posting an image.

Poor investigative work Anduin, I thought you more cunning.
    Then why did you change your name to resemble his.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Tides of Darkness was also the title of Warcraft II, cuz it introduced naval combat.

Tides of Vengeance as a sort've call back to that? CONFIRMED.
    That's exactly why I think they wouldn't do it. Too obvious. Something a fan could come up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    been discussed in the 8.0 thread already

Deleted
    anyone tried checking if a website exists with the name

I dont get it, now that the leaks stopped here and continued on 4chan, why do you keep posting them here then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Tides that bind woulda been funnier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then why did you change your name to resemble his.
    Do you mean to resemble the "meshuggah" poster or the name "Meshuggah" in general, which all I did was re-arrange the "shu" and the "me."

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    been discussed in the 8.0 thread already
    There it is.

Deleted
    Top Reddit thread featuring this logo was just deleted for no given reason. Things just got real. I'm now 80% aboard with Tides of Vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone pointed out that the blue light hitting the bottom of the "Warcraft" word looked like it was painted on, and after staring at this for a couple of minutes it starts to almost look like it could've been added as an afterthought in MS Paint. However, it could also be that the exposure is simply blowing the colors/values off balance and making it look the way it does, while in reality it's actually more precise -- that or the logo is animated and we have no idea what's going on with the lighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it *is* Tides, that suggests water. Water and nagas. High seas adventure and so forth.

well after comparing this logo to all the old ones, it has a unique border not used by other expansion logos yet, so this at least not a shitty copy&paste photoshop, but someone actually took time to create a unique border. And Tides of Vengeance is a belive able name. as it ties back to Warcraft2: Tides of Darkness and also Jaina: Tides of War. We all guess that Jaina and Kul Tiras are important to the next expansion so this would nicely connect this. And Vengeance is something i totally would attribute to Jaina. But it also fits with a few other characters. Most notable Sylvanas and Genn.