From best to worst

1.Burning Crusade
    2.Mist of Pandaria
    3.Wrath of the lich king
    4.Classic
    5.Cataclysm
    6.Warlords of Draenor
    7.Legion

Legion is just the worst thing ever made. Makes Diablo 3 look good. And i guess that was the intent?
    Plus with Ion at the helm what could go wrong?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's discuss your opinion.

It lacks arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such context, this thread is going places.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    It is how it is, and next expansion won't have artifacts so it is better already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drunkenstyle should provide explanations for why Expansion A is above Expansion B if Drunkenstyle wanted to create discussion as opposed to simply posting his opinion.

Opinion threads are fine too, don't get me wrong. But if you're going to make one, at least add a poll and ask for everyone else's opinions as well.

There's no way that Legion is worse than WoD or Cata. There are things to quibble with in their design decisions, but the actual availability of content is so much stronger than those expansions that I can't see any argument for it.

My list:

1. WoTLK - The best combination of community, accessibility of content, cohesiveness of theme and story, and always being something to do. Yes, the expansion would look terrible if we went back to it today, because there have been so many technical and system achievements, but relative to its time, it's what felt the best to me.

2. TBC - While TBC would look dated if we went back to it, it was some of the best times for the game, because it was a huge improvement over Vanilla, with actually difficult instance content, great themes, a coherent path for personal progression (no excessive gear resets, etc.) and the importance of community (pre-group finder). Wouldn't want to go back to it, but TBC/WoTLK were the golden age of WoW.

3. Legion - Yes, Legion has made a massive amount of missteps (legendaries, AP grinding, etc., etc.), and the raids have probably decreased in quality compared to MoP/WoD. However, it ranks higher than the previous 3 expansions because it has so much more content and ongoing replay value that it is actually a better game to play if you can get past the myriad of pet peeves. I would personally rather them try lots of things and give us lots to do and screw up along the way than the WoD model where the content is just barren.

4. MoP - Similar to Legion - a big increase in patch content/replay value compared to the previous expansion, and probably had the best raids/instance design to date in the game. I knock it down a few notches, because I think the theme/setting/zone design just felt cartoonish out of place relative to the rest of the game, and the 14 month Siege of Orgrimmar drought was a fiasco.

5. Vanilla - Lot of nostalgia for it, but if you actually look at most elements of the game design - from the gearing curve to the headaches around 40 man raiding to the amount of farming/grinding needed for basic necessities to the spastic quest design (fly all over the world for single quests), it actually had way too much bad design to rank it ahead of the better expansions. There is no way most people would still play the game if it reverted back to Vanilla system design.

6. Cata - It had really strong initial 5 man instances, and the first raid tier was probably the best tier of raiding, but everything else about it was a mess. The concept of having 4 disjointed zones spread all over the old world just ended up feeling like a disjointed mess. There was a massive lack of overall content to do past the first few months, and the 2nd and final raid tiers were cut to 7 and 8 bosses, with Dragon Soul being easily the worst end tier and end boss ever. They apparently spent way too much development time/resources reworking the old world 1-60 quest zones, resulting in an obvious lack of design attention to the max level content.

7. WoD - Like Cata, the opening couple of months felt awesome, but it was followed by emptiness and lack of patch content. They didn't even bother to put in a 3rd raid tier (1st expansion with only 2), and there was essentially nothing added to the game post patch outside of Tanaan. Garrisons served to further segregate the player base in their own instances, and just ended up being a disastrous implementation. The entire expansion felt like it lacked effort/felt like they threw in the towel early on, not to mention the 15 month HFC raid tier.

Allow me to make my list:

1. TBC/Legion.

2. Cata/Wrath.

3. MoP.

4. The MMO-Champion 8.0 Thread, as I can grind page lvls there.

5. The Dark depths of deviantart.

6. Hell.

7. Antorus.

8. Sargeras and his full powered might.

9. The Old Gods/Void Titan.

10. The Void Lords.

11. Everything everywhere.

12. Nothingness.

And, lastly, 13. WoD.

These threads come up often and most of the time my list is always

1. Wrath - The only xpac where i actually cared about what was going on lorewise and it had the best raid of all time IMO Ulduar!
    2. BC - The xpac i started with so i do have fond memories of it
    3. MOP - Controversially but i honestly had more fun in MOP than i have had in Legion. Hard to put a finger on it but maybe burn out with Legion has alot to do with it.
    4. Legion - Plenty to do but sometimes a bit too much to do especially like me who has gotten older and dont have the time or motivation to grind like hell!
    5. Cataclysm - The first disappointed i felt with a xpac. We all knew where they went wrong and Dragon Soul still has the dubious honour of being the worst raid ever made IMO
    6. WoD - Started out great and i will say the leveling up is prolly the best since Wrath but it all fell apart after that when blizz just shrugged there arms in the air and said 'We give up'
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-10-24 at 03:28 AM.

MoP > Legion > Cata >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WoD

These are the 4 i have any real opinion on. I didnt do much of any endgame and zero raiding in tbc and wrath.

Deleted
    Puts 'classic' in the expansion list. What is expanding on? Warcraft 3?

Guess I’ll throw mine out there:

Wrath>>MoP=Legion>>Cata>>>>>>>>WoD.

All I did was run around and explore in BC since I just started so I can’t actually rate it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know it's funny, but looking back on the many threads of "worst expansions" and what not, I've come down to the conclusion that each successive expansion from vanilla WoW has been marginally better than the previous.

My reasoning? Each expansion increases max character level ---> leveling to new max level through new, added content ---> experiencing new abilities/spells at max level ---> doing new dungeons/raids.

Now you can argue that some expansions have less fun abilities/spells that were added, or some expansions had boring new dungeons/raids compared to others, but each expansion after the former still added on to the game. Making it better!

Hooray for magnificent, cohesive and nice gaming community!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like all the points you make. It makes for a riveting discussion.

Since we are all doing it. Im going to leave wotlk out since it was the only expansion i didnt play so cant have an opinion on it. For me.
    TbC(mostly for nostalgia)
    LEGION
    Mop
    Cata
    Wod.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Allow me to make my list:

1. TBC/Legion.

2. Cata/Wrath.

3. MoP.

4. The MMO-Champion 8.0 Thread, as I can grind page lvls there.

5. The Dark depths of deviantart.

6. Hell.

7. Antorus.

8. Sargeras and his full powered might.

9. The Old Gods/Void Titan.

10. The Void Lords.

11. Everything everywhere.

12. Nothingness.

And, lastly, 13. WoD.

Deleted
    Since Tiberria and madeupname666 wrote a long explanation i think i should tell why i chose Legion as the worst one

1. I play a Brewmaster Monk and the way it is now it is completely different spec and class than before and i don't like this new spec/class
    2. Artifact power grind and Class hall grind + building it
    3. Legendaries and "wrong" legendaries plus the upgrading .. I mean come on ! another grind over the endless grind.
    4. Rng items and warforged/titanforged on top of that
    5. Wrong stats on items so you need to grind more. - Endless grinding.
    6. Lack of customization ( item stats, gems and enchants)
    7. PvP Templates (this should be number 1)
    8. PvP is a total mess especially Bg's + World pvp and duels. Arena was always bad if you did not have a great partner.
    9. "PvP Talents" Before there were talents you "hardly" used in PvE now you just can't use them at all.
    10. Talent "Trees" and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc5127333c77; 2017-10-24 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aposynthesis View Post
    Idk what the bigger joke is, tbh.

My Comment, or WoD's existence...

Deleted
    Why WoD was better than Legion? Draenor was interesting as were all the different Orc clans.

The shipyard was nice i guess and i liked to play Ashran and there was always pvp players there-
    plus with few well placed Ashran items you could potentially wipe a 25 man group with some npc
    help.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wod better then legion?

i allmost feel like you dont even play wow
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Ion said: As for whether I'd be interested in such an opportunity if it arose, I guess I can't rule anything out, but it'd be an awfully difficult move to make for me -- I have 7 years of my life invested in another career path, at this point, and as much time as I spend on WoW, it's still just a hobby for me. Besides, I'd have to find other things to complain about then, and I'm not sure I could handle that.

I guess he can't go back to being a lawyer?

Most of the development time has been put to Mythic raiding and on to other Blizzard "pvp" games. Thanks Ion!
    Last edited by mmoc5127333c77; 2017-10-24 at 02:18 AM.