Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    That's fantastic, my dad had a similar story with a holiday flight to Mexico. Flight got overbooked, so he was polite, addressed the lady by name and basically said "you know you're best at what you do, just let me know what you can do." She smiled, gave him first class tickets and said "Now, I'm the best at what I do."

Goes a long way sometimes to just not be the person's next bitchy, shitty customer of the day.
    Most people treat the concierge people and ticket agents like they are the ones who cancelled the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I always tip but zero chance the driver is getting tipped if it took over 1:15 minutes to get a fucking pizza.
    If there’s an accident. How can the driver avoid it? Fly?

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not a tipping debate thread

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why would you tip someone for doing what is a part of their job?
    Because that fucker is bringing you food because your lazy ass is too lazy to get out the door or make it yourself. Never disrespect the person who handles your food.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Back in burning crusade, I didn't know what keyloggers were and got my pw lifted. They stole thousands in items/gems/ench mats etc from my bank, emptied out the entire gbank, and then sharded my gear and deleted my characters.

Blizzard ended up restoring my chars + returning all my stuff + the stuff from the Gbank to me in the mail, but they also sent all the items taken from the Gbank to the guild master since he opened a ticket too. So basically we ended up with double the amount of everything taken.

This was probably a mistake, but it was still pretty nice.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well when I was 16 this waitress at this restaurant I went to often, accidentally spilled water on me and all over the table. I was drenched feeling awful she offered to clean me off and took me to the back. When we got there she told me I was the chosen one. She had the most beautiful green eyes very seductive. I was captivated by her beauty. Her father owned the place and they were immigrants from Tibet anyways she eventually told me how she felt and got on her knees before me.
    Then you fell out of bed and woke up?

I've never felt like I've been owed an apology by a business and I've never gotten one. Maybe I am just lucky with the service I've received.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by degarmo View Post
    I've never felt like I've been owed an apology by a business and I've never gotten one. Maybe I am just lucky with the service I've received.
    It's pretty much a customer retention tactic, but I mean this in and of itself is the best way to retain customers; never fuck up. That's honestly good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Then you fell out of bed and woke up?
    Bullshit I totally got a free ride to practice and a transfer good for 2hours and 30mins.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Bullshit I totally got a free ride to practice and a transfer good for 2hours and 30mins.
    That's cool. Should have just said that and skipped the Mills and Boon romance novel part :P

Free whatever I ordered or requested.

Once I ordered the wrong thing and the waiter brought me a little extra something even though I made the mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    That's cool. Should have just said that and skipped the Mills and Boon romance novel part :P
    Lmfao. At least you read it. I’m touched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Free whatever I ordered or requested.

Once I ordered the wrong thing and the waiter brought me a little extra something even though I made the mistake.
    He brought you something extra but it wasn’t because of any mistake.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

They played the wrong movie at first so the trailers before Frozen were for R-rated movies. I had a good laugh, I still got to watch Frozen, and they gave me a free ticket for another movie. It was a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Free movie or free dinner? Don't really remember much.

Uhm, guess I'm just really lucky here in Germany, I don't remember that any business or restaurant ever had to compensate me for something...

Maybe Blizzard GMs giving me free game time every now and then? Nothing major, just a day here and there when I want to check something out. That's pretty nice, I guess.

Edit:

Oh wait I've got something! When I was 5 years old I went to our local ice cream parlor - every day of the week, for the entire summer, buying exactly one scoop for 50 Pfennig.
    After a few months the owner surprised me with a huge sundae, I don't know how many scoops it included, but at least 6-7. For free. That was nice.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2017-10-23 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    Last week I ordered delivery, the guy brought me the wrong thing and I just put in a new order with a note saying they made a mistake and bring me a new one for free, and they did.

Also I got a free pizza at a restaurant in Germany because they basically forgot to make my order, the others in our group were already halfway through their meals when I got around to telling the waitress about it.

Does it count if a store manager didn't inform the cops when they caught me shoplifting? They even knew that it wasn't the first time. I was like 10 though.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2017-10-23 at 02:10 AM.

Deleted
    Latest I received was a free pizza at Domino's :P They accidentily put some wrong ingredients on it. So they gave me an option, either to wait and get my pizza I ordered for (Another 10 minutes) or take the current pizza home with 2 free drinks. I took the extra pizza. Just put it in the fridge for the next day :P

I also order quite a bunch of albums, every now and then I have bands that give me an extra copy or some other tiny tidbits. Best one gave me a free long-sleeved shirt that I really loved and still wear today. It was one of the last ones remaining and they wanted to get every last piece of merch gone. Paid a little bit extra on their next album because I don't forget such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why would you tip someone for doing what is a part of their job?
    hope you don't visit the u.s. then because your essentially stiffing the waitstaff and they just might give you the cold shoulder v.s. those who tip.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Latest I received was a free pizza at Domino's :P They accidentily put some wrong ingredients on it. So they gave me an option, either to wait and get my pizza I ordered for (Another 10 minutes) or take the current pizza home with 2 free drinks. I took the extra pizza. Just put it in the fridge for the next day :P
    My worst customer service experience ever was with Domino's :P

I was a big fan of Domino's and ate there all the time, so much so that people would get me gift cards and such for it as small gifts and Secret Santa type stuff. Anywho one day I made an order and used a gift card, gave the guy on the phone the number, I didn't know how much was left on the gift card so I asked him what the difference was so I could pay... He told me the gift card fully covered it.

Fast forward 30 minutes and the delivery guy showed up... He told me I owe him $40 for the food. I was like "what...?"... I explained how I paid with gift card and they told me I didn't owe anything extra. He called his manager and the manager is like "yeah I remember the order, but our computer has no record of the gift card so you have to pay..." I told them I didn't want the food then and I wasn't going to pay, they then threatened to call the police on me if I didn't pay. Needless to say, Domino's lost a customer for life that evening.

---
    On topic I can't really think of too many examples of a business going beyond apologizing and fixing a mistake if they make one.

Not really sure if this counts, but I bought a GPU a Microcenter a couple years ago and there was a promotion going on for two free games with Nvidia GPUs at the time. I got my two game codes and went home, the GPU was DOA though. Went back to the store to exchange it and the guy who handled my order gave me another set of codes with the new GPU, even though it wasn't technically a new/different order. I was like "hey man you already gave me codes earlier" and he was like "nah its cool just take em"... Basically just gave me $120 worth of games for free. Gave em to a buddy.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-10-23 at 04:44 AM.

Because I had a shitty waiter and they fucked my food up the whole meat was free.

Meal in total cost a bit over $30 for me and my GF.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD