Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Unsure where you live, but here many "service" workers get paid under legal minimum wage (such as in restaurants) as it is expected that people tip.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more of a half-truth than a full blown lie. Sure, they will never end up with a paycheck that is below minimum wage, but many "tip" jobs are far more demanding than minimum wage jobs. Example: Worked at target for minimum wage, wayyyyy less demanding than delivery/restaurant service. Tip your damned waiter.
    Whats so hard about carrying a tray of food to a table or driving to a house and carrying a pizza to the door???

HP sent me a new power adapter for my laptop once, it was free and I didn't have to send my old one back or provide any kind of evidence at all. That was pretty cool.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't go to restaurants because the food is average and not enough to feed me.
    But this internet provided gave me 3 months of free internet.
    Mostly because I threatened to sue them and they gave up and on top of that gave me 3 months of free internet. Didn't have to do that, but hey, it was nice of them to do it

I'm fortunate enough not to have had many screw ups.

But I always appreciate Amazon just sending you a new thing totally free if your order comes incorrectly/damaged etc.

(I work restaurant phone support)

I was recognized by my voice at a store and was given half off my meal

I don't do that stuff and the waitress ended up with a 15dollar tip

10+ Year Old Account
    Alaskan Airlines has given me free booze when they mess up. Though the nicest act came from when they bumped me up to first class once as a thank you for me offering my seat up. It was so this obnoxious family could 'stay together' during the flight.
    Last edited by Sett; 2017-10-23 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I fired off an email to Delta this morning with regards to something I saw last night.

I was flying back to San Francisco from Buffalo, NY when I saw something that put a smile on my face. The trip was broken up into two flights: Buffalo to Detroit and then Detroit to San Francisco. The flight leaving Buffalo was ~1hr late putting at risk the ability of many people to make their connections in Detroit (luckily not me). To make matters worse, the plane for the Buffalo to Detroit leg was switched out for what ever reason and was a model that provided next to no over head storage; you could fit a purse, back pack, or a laptop in the storage and that was it. So all of us had to check our bag at the gate. Of course, this would result in people having to wait for the baggage to be unpacked once we got to Detroit further putting at risk people's ability to make connecting flights.

So, we land in Detroit, a little earlier than expect. We're all standing outside the plane's door waiting for the ground crew to get over to our plane to grab our bags when behind us we hear "Excuse me folks, let me through." It was the pilot. He takes off his hat opens the security door (with his code) and starts RUNNING back and forth between the gate and the luggage compartment of the plane bringing bags with him two at a time. The fucking pilot! And he was a little guy too, maybe 5'5". I was somewhat blown away.

With all the crap we see, regularly, about airlines it was nice to something positive during my travel experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Don't recall exactly, but it was dinner for my two sisters, my mom, and myself. I think it was so pricey because there were few promos on any of what I ordered because they mostly wanted side things and not pizza. I don't know what the menu is like there, but here you could get like pasta, chicken, salads, and such.
    Aye same here, can also get a wide variety of food like salads. 40 dollars for 4 people seems okay since the Euro and Dollar are around the same right now. Since you just found a shitty Domino's Mine's quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why should that be any of the customers concern? If I'd tip someone when eating out it would be the cook because they're the ones making the food, the waiter just brings it to me.
    The waiter deals with shit client and stupid questions all day long. The cook does what he likes and no one bothers him. I'd rather be a cook for 10$/h than a waiter for 15$/h.

But the cooks are paid a lot more than waiters, so yeah, the tip goes to them. Also, nothing stops you from saying you would like to tip the cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Whats so hard about carrying a tray of food to a table or driving to a house and carrying a pizza to the door???
    I'm... assuming you've never done either of these things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Tips are traditional in many countries, it's an appreciation for the waiting staff.

Especially when many times they are paid minimum wage/full time job.
    Wouldn't say in many countries.

Tips are a gesture of kindness but sadly, some countries has tips as being part of the employee's salary, and they need those tips to be able to pull in a high enough income.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I’m constantly getting free food. Once ordered a small pizza, they said sorry they ran out of boxes for small ones so they made me a large instead. Nothing crazy but still nice all the less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicest thing?

Actually, I have many stories but doesn't beat the nicest people I've experienced yet.

I had just moved to Scotland, rented a house and was getting ready for the next week of work. I realized that I was missing the essentials in my home, plates, forks, knives etc. etc. etc.

I went to a local store that was selling random things for the home but sadly, they were a little pricy. When I told them that I had hoped that they had some things I could purchase for not too much, they apologised and said they couldn't find anything in the low budget I had, as they were a little higher price range than the normal. Then suddenly the wife appeared from the backroom, apparently having heard it all, and she handed me a bag with various cutlery and plates that I could have of no charge. They both smiled as I tried my best to pay for it but they refused the money and said it was a 'welcome to the town' gift from them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We ordered delivery (Marcos Pizza) and the poor kid crashed his car. It was a fairly bad day of snowfall, so they called us up and asked if we wanted to come pick the pizza up. It would be free if we did, and they gave us a $30 credit. We went and got it. Was literally only a mile away. We got about $50 in total for free.

Kid had three orders in his car, feel so bad for him. :/
    Last edited by Zafire; 2017-10-24 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    We ordered delivery (Marcos Pizza) and the poor kid crashed his car. It was a fairly bad day of snowfall, so they called us up and asked if we wanted to come pick the pizza up. It would be free if we did, and they gave us a $30 credit. We went and got it. Was literally only a mile away. We got about $50 in total for free.

Kid had three orders in his car, feel so bad for him. :/
    I'd bet they made him pay for it.

when i was 12 or so i went to dinner with my family while on vacation to an expensive steakhouse

my uncle had gotten a prime rib a few days prior out at dinner, and i decided it looked really good, and i wanted it for dinner that night

the prime rib came out, and was 32 oz of prime rib, it was monsterous... The chef who prepared it was told that a 12 year old had ordered it, and personally came out, and said that if I was to eat the entire prim rib, he would personally pay for it

I ate the entire prime rib, a salad, and dessert

the chefs from the back all came out with a signed chef hat, paid for my prime rib (about 50 dollars) and took me around the steakhouse to help serve a few other people also getting this massive portion of food to let them know that a skinny 12 year old just ate it all

it was awesome, and i will never forget it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why would you tip someone for doing what is a part of their job?
    Full stop: If you're in a country where tipping is considered the norm and are receiving a service for which tips are usually rendered and you don't tip (outside of the obvious like said service being shitty etc), you're a prick. End of story, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Your personal opinion on the matter doesn't matter a single iota.

OT: Free meal voucher, I guess?

Deleted
    My longsword's blade broke in a situation where it should not have been broken. The maker sent me a new blade free of charge.