Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How do you account for him being called a Paladin in game with prot pally skills on the mission table then?
    He is Paladin follower. All Order Hall followers have been labeled a spec from the class. Doesn't always make sense they'd be pure examples of the class.

Shamans have elementals as their followers. I doubt they classify as shamans, despite what the order hall UI tells us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    He is Paladin follower. All Order Hall followers have been labeled a spec from the class. Doesn't always make sense they'd be pure examples of the class.

Shamans have elementals as their followers. I doubt they classify as shamans, despite what the order hall UI tells us.
    Yea. Same can be applied to Lich and Abomination followers who marked as frost and blood DKs.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT - Actually I agree, the Nathrezim is another "massive magical powers" case.

Deleted
    Please not the same thing as gnome hunter, please no.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Please not the same thing as gnome hunter, please no.
    But those are in the game already

BTW one of WC canon books had very eccentric troll paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Man'ari could probably rejoin after Legion. I mean, look at how sad poor Velen was to kill his son. He regretted it. It wasn't some "FUCK YOU YOU CHOSE THE WRONG SIDE BITCH!" deal. Even when he is dealing with the LEADERS of the Burning Legion, his once-friends who directly betrayed him, he is regretful, not particularly shitty (I mean, a little pissed but who wouldn't be?). And they're the worst. So I believe that once the Legion is dealt with, there would be many Draenei eager to bring Man'ari back to their side, to re-unify their people and so on. YMMV.
    There's a difference between Velen, one of the most pure, light worshipping, pacifistic people in lore talking to/about people he personally knew, and the normal Draenei dealing with someone they didn't. They're people who've suffered for literally thousands of years at the legions hand, the man'ari specifically.

It could happen, but I wouldn't put my money on it

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Panda paladin/dk/druid would be nice.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne Horde Paladin trained by Liadrin, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You didn't see a Nathrezim Paladin, you saw a Nathrezim convert, a holy Demon. Doesn't make him a Paladin. As well, unlike the Night Elves, we don't see the trolls fall to much belief of the Paladin's method. The Night Elf one was rare and used as a trash mob in Cataclysm, added again in Legion with the Moonfang lady but she's more or less just a holy paladin - basically a priest in armor.

We've talked about it before, the Undead is most likely a closer choice to a 3rd Paladin option. Blood Elves and Tauren has a method to write in for it for now.
    We also had a night elf studying to be a paladin in classic. And remember the Argent awn had a tree in Darnassus - when you got to Ashenvale, at that outpost before Astranaar, a young night elf was apprenticed to the human paladins there.

I don't like the idea to be honest, If Night Elf paladin comes about it should be a special Elune based thing derived from the Sentinel instead of the religion of the Holy Light. If Tauren get there via Sunwalkking and Blood elves have their own unique Blood Knight twist onit, it would be odd for a race like the night elves to not have a Moon light enhanced version of this from there 15k year history - remember the priesthood is the only order that has been with them from the very start unlike nature and arcane orders

I won't rest until I get my gnome paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Nightborne Horde Paladin trained by Liadrin, please.
    don't get ahead of yourslef yet, that datamine may not be what you think it is.

Tauren paladin was a neccisary evil because the horde needed a second paladin race and tauren needed new classes desperately in cata. I don't see any other horde races getting paladin unless they just open the floodgates for non hero classes to all races at some point.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I may wish, just basing this off In-game Silgryn/Liadrin Dialogue, even if it's a tiny chance.

Nightborne druid seem more plausible with the whole Botanist Nature/Arcane/Solar magic, if they DO get added as a race.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-23 at 01:21 PM.

The biggest trigger I get is "Paladins are just priests with armor"

No no no! Priests are able to touch both light and shadow, and even have a balance between the two. Paladins are pure warriors of the light, shadow cannot begin to remotely exist with a paladin.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I may wish, just basing this off In-game Silgryn/Liadrin Dialogue, even if it's a tiny chance.

Nightborne druid seem more plausible with the whole Botanist Nature/Arcane/Solar magic, if they DO get added as a race.
    It's possible, but then it is also possible none of it might happen, it's possible it may be the reverse of what a lot of people are expecting, it's also possible both sides will get nightborne and void elf as their native factions could have them as customization skins while the opposite faction is what requires a separate screen.

But it's quite possible nightborne would be able to be druid especially after the Arcan'dor return to balance and the Botanist thing, they'd most likely use night elf models just like void elf will use blood elf models. But who knows, we'll see. Sub-races look like they're coming, and that's a win I guess.

Closeness to Liadrin could generate a new class, as Silgryn is already a spellblade, but if night elves become paladins, it's likely nightborne will be too becuase of the connection both to night elves and the blood elf friendship. The question is what route. Elune based paladins makes the most sense, but they could go via the light route. I would hope for an Elune based one, because that at least is different/more unique.
    Last edited by Mace; 2017-10-23 at 01:29 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There's a difference between Velen, one of the most pure, light worshipping, pacifistic people in lore talking to/about people he personally knew, and the normal Draenei dealing with someone they didn't. They're people who've suffered for literally thousands of years at the legions hand, the man'ari specifically.

It could happen, but I wouldn't put my money on it
    I've seen little/no evidence that the Draenei are a vindictive, mob-mentality-type of people, and they almost worship Velen himself, he's basically their pope, and the good kind of pope at that. If he says "We must welcome our once-fallen bretheren!", most Draenei will follow him, I believe. There will always be haters and so on, but if they're at the fringes of society, or seen as "bad people" by the bulk of the populace, who seem very spiritual/religious (and thus likely to break into two groups - close-minded but follow Velen, and open-minded, both of which would lead to the same position here).

Blizzard have the choice, certainly. They want to play it as "No we hate you forever" they can, but there is nothing which means it HAS to be that way, so they can decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well, Nightborne is more plausible than 'Void elf'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How do you account for him being called a Paladin in game with prot pally skills on the mission table then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

@Logwyn the delightful @Lahis basically answered it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    The biggest trigger I get is "Paladins are just priests with armor"

No no no! Priests are able to touch both light and shadow, and even have a balance between the two. Paladins are pure warriors of the light, shadow cannot begin to remotely exist with a paladin.
    Weeell, remove the 'pure' part and I agree.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What's the point having more races to choose from? Game will still be the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What's the point having more races to choose from? Game will still be the same.
    I'm guessing you have no personal preference and choose all of your races based on whatever their racial abilities are?