Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So you went and asked every/most players? Doubt that entirely. So yes speculation.
    Salty much? They never said every/most so do not need to ask every/most.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Played vanilla and never want to play it again.

No.

So you went and asked every/most players?

Doubt that entirely.

So yes speculation.
    Don't need to ask every player, I never said that all the people playing Classic are LFR-heroes on Retail. There are plenty of LFR players, handling Classic content just fine though.

Which is quite obvious, considering the mechanics of classes and bosses back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Don't need to ask every player, I never said that all the people playing Classic are LFR-players on Retail. There are plenty of LFR players, handling Classic content just fine though.

Which is quite obvious, considering the mechanics of classes and bosses back then.
    So again speculation?

Gotcha.

You have no actual evidence here so just stop. Your singular experience is not evidence. It's wild speculation. I could go on and say plenty of them are Mythic raiders.

So because Vanilla wasn't mechanic heavy that means only LFR players bothered with it today? More wild speculation.

Not a chance. It sounds so unfun and grindy, and I have enough of that, and I prefer playing more games than one, and not feel like I'm forced to keep score or fall back...

“Legacy” doesnt have to equal “Vanilla”, though i would probably roll on both a Vanilla and Wrath realm.

legacy servers will never happen.. what players dont seem to realize that technology is over 13 years old.. they would have to litterly remake vanilla wow from scratch... legacy servers will never happen

What do rotations have to do with the player in general?

We are speaking about the raiding preferences of the player. Not the class/rotation.

There are literally mindless rotations today. Does that mean everyone is an LFR player by that logic? Of course not.
    We're talking about optimal play, and optimal play back then was identifying the 1 or 2 spells that weren't fucking terrible and pressing them over and over again. No rotation today is as mindless as they were back then.

15+ Year Old Account
    So again speculation?
    Speculation doesn't mean what you think it does. No part of the definition requires all, every, most, or any other similar word.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    We're talking about optimal play, and optimal play back then was identifying the 1 or 2 spells that weren't fucking terrible and pressing them over and over again. No rotation today is as mindless as they were back then.
    No. We were talking about raiding preferences.

You chose to jump in with rotations for some reason.

So again speculation?

Gotcha.
    First-hand experience does not equate to speculation.

Stay salty though, I'd hate to see what it'd do to you if Blizzard DID release a Legacy server and you had to see for yourself how people practically gobble up the content in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by RionalGamingTV View Post
    legacy servers will never happen.. what players dont seem to realize that technology is over 13 years old.. they would have to litterly remake vanilla wow from scratch... legacy servers will never happen
    No they wouldn't at all since they have it kept under a version control system.

You really think they just scrap older versions of WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

First-hand experience does not equate to speculation.

Stay salty though, I'd hate to see what it'd do to you if Blizzard DID release a Legacy server and you had to see for yourself how people practically gobble up the content in this day and age.
    Salty?

I'm neutral on Legacy. Thank you for proving you haven't read a thing in this thread or any stance on Legacy I've made.

Welcome to ignore. It's obvious where your stance lies here and with Blizzard and it's not worth the time or effort.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, this is a mmorpg not a single player game everything is suspose to change eventually one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source: Private servers and the people playing them. Do your own research on what players congregate to Private servers and what they accomplished on Retail at any given time. I'm not willing to risk a ban over it.
    Translation: I have no evidence so I'm going to lie.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for proving you haven't read a thing in this thread or any stance on Legacy I've made. Welcome to ignore. It's obvious where your stance lies here and with Blizzard and it's not worth the time or effort.
    You haven't been reading their argument in the slightest and have been dismissing it because you can't defeat it. For something to not be speculation you don't have to ask every person.

No. We were talking about raiding preferences.

You chose to jump in with rotations for some reason.
    Nice try. Bother someone else.

Yes. And it would be amazing. Getting gear would feel meaningful, both while leveling and max lvl.

In retail, gear is just borrowed. Your gear is obsulete in 3 months no matter what, and catch up mechanics will come for you.

In a vanilla server, getting endgame gear will feel like an investment. No "expansion" or "catch up mechanic" will ruin it for you.

Nice try. Bother someone else.
    So nothing to actually debate?

Rotations do not judge your raiding preference. That is down to what kind of player you are.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Absolutely. I know it wouldn't be the same as when I first played but, I would enjoy it. Honestly I would mostly just play it for the PvP though, even if it was unblanaced as hell just having old AV back would be worth leveling for.

I barely play currently though in live, the PvP while still enjoyable, and Emerald Dream has some remains of realm pride, so few people actually want to group up and play random bgs, and the like anymore.

Exactly.

Thinking LFR-players can't somehow handle that shit on principle because they're unable/unwilling to handle optimal gameplay by standards of today is the issue here. Then apply Mythic standard raiders to Classic raid and class mechanics, and it's a bloody joke.

I'd link to a private server forum on how to optimize your character's output, but as I said, I don't wanna risk a ban.