Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never said he couldn't say that did I?

Saying something can stay in the void because you don't like it though is extremely arrogant at best.
    Come on now, the OP is trying so hard...to do what I have no fucking idea, but he's trying.

Like a good many people, I'd probably dabble initially for a "trip down memory lane" but it would end quickly. I like my main and all the progress I've made all along the way. If you could load your character as a template similar to the PTR, I'd probably still only play for a tiny bit, then go back to live.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    It's exactly the same right now. If at any particular fight you don't have the optimal talent choices as shown on Icy Veins you will be /laughed at and kicked.
    Hmm maybe mythic guilds would be that strict and perhaps a fraction of heroic guilds but there are plenty of people who play the spec they want and take what talents they feel comfortable with. Not everyone is gearing to be optimal. Hell, most people could stand to improve their rotation and minimize movements and it would make more of an impact on meters than a talent swap or two.

But you are trying to make a grand statement that everyone get's kicked if you don't conform to the perceived top builds. That is false and you know it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    People can play what they want. But since Blizzard have no plans of making Legacy servers I fully support their decision.
    My mindset is not deluded by nostalgia or sentiment. I know what I like and don't like.
    My mindset is also not deluded by nostalgia or sentiment. I know what I like and don't like.
    I Would like to play on Vanilla, TBC, WotlK and i would never EVER step in retail WoW ever again, unless something changes (and my guess is that it won't)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    People can play what they want. But since Blizzard have no plans of making Legacy servers I fully support their decision.
    My mindset is not deluded by nostalgia or sentiment. I know what I like and don't like.
    Ah the usual "blinded by nostalgia/delusion" argument.

Yes I'm sure every single person who wants Legacy just wants it for nostalgic purposes alone...

Most overused subject whenever it comes to this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hmm maybe mythic guilds would be that strict and perhaps a fraction of heroic guilds but there are plenty of people who play the spec they want and take what talents they feel comfortable with. Not everyone is gearing to be optimal. Hell, most people could stand to improve their rotation and minimize movements and it would make more of an impact on meters than a talent swap or two.

But you are trying to make a grand statement that everyone get's kicked if you don't conform to the perceived top builds. That is false and you know it.
    Whatever, it's the same shit. If you wanna get into raids you google "<class> <spec> best build" and copy paste Icy Veins.

Whatever, it's the same shit. If you wanna get into raids you google "<class> <spec> best build" and copy paste Icy Veins.
    When was the last time you actually played on retail? Maybe that scenario happens where in a mythic raid you need to be setup optimally but I'm sorry, that is not needed in normal/heroic and if some guild tries to pull that, well there are plenty of other guilds out there.

Also, you think that scenario wouldn't happen in serious Legacy raids? Think again. The best specs/builds are pretty well known and people that are of a mind like mythic raiders would likely want a person performing their best, meaning proper specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    You must have much better sources of information than the rest of us. The last official statement from Blizzard was that they wanted to do them and it was more of a how and when.
    Well wanting to do them and actually doing them are two different things. Seemed more like a "kick the can down the road" strategy to me when they said that. I mean look at what happened in a year, the people demanding Legacy has mostly quieted down outside of a couple threads like this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    My mindset is also not deluded by nostalgia or sentiment. I know what I like and don't like.
    I Would like to play on Vanilla, TBC, WotlK and i would never EVER step in retail WoW ever again, unless something changes (and my guess is that it won't)
    And that is your right. You like different things. My mindset can not cope with old values from the past that degenerates (my kind of) fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ah the usual "blinded by nostalgia/delusion" argument.

Yes I'm sure every single person who wants Legacy just wants it for nostalgic purposes alone...

Most overused subject whenever it comes to this topic.
    Overused but it is valid. Vanilla was about the experience that people miss. Nostalgia is not a dirty word here, nor is it the sole purpose. I accept that some people prefer vanilla, but I also realize that the mindset in 2017 for gamers in particular has changed and so have I. The focus of the instant gratification generation for example will most probably have difficulty feeling at ease with vanilla in modern times.

You must have much better sources of information than the rest of us. The last official statement from Blizzard was that they wanted to do them and it was more of a how and when.
    Not making a point to keep myself updated with subjects that I care little for. Sorry!
    Last edited by Ladyoftheforest; 2017-10-30 at 05:24 PM.

You better get your hopes up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, RuneScape brought back OSRS and it's more popular than the new one...

I'd play.
    Selling myself out below

Well it seemed sincere to me, I have no reason to believe that they would lie. Point is, unless they say something else that's all we have to go on.
    Yeah but how long does it take before it stops seeming sincere to you? They've not said jack about it in nearly what, a year now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Well wanting to do them and actually doing them are two different things. Seemed more like a "kick the can down the road" strategy to me when they said that. I mean look at what happened in a year, the people demanding Legacy has mostly quieted down outside of a couple threads like this.
    Yeah i think Blizz is "benching" us like a Sociopath girl does with that interview.

If legacy is to happen it needs to be in the near future otherwise we will be 60 years old and playing Wotlk on a legacy server -__-

10+ Year Old Account
    It's exactly the same right now. If at any particular fight you don't have the optimal talent choices as shown on Icy Veins you will be /laughed at and kicked.

Then you go back to live servers. If you've levelled every class to 60 by the end of it you've spent more time on a legacy server than I imagine the average person doing. The point was never that legacy servers are supposed to deliver endless content. They serve to relive past content. And I feel like even if people are done with that at some point, there will always be people playing them to keep them alive.
    i run demonic whenever the fuck i feel like... i dont get kicked at all. I run cblades spec whenever i feel like, i dont get kicked. I run whatever talents I really want to, i wouldnt get kicked. Will my dps suffer if i do not choose the "best chooses," sure as hell. But its nothing like it was with vanilla where there were many trap skills. Now, there are very few trap talents, and for very classes, because at this point they have given up trying to fix those issues and are waiting for the next expansion to fix them. Even with those trap talents, you would still perform better than with wrong choices in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yeah i think Blizz is "benching" us like a Sociopath girl does with that interview.

If legacy is to happen it needs to be in the near future otherwise we will be 60 years old and playing Wotlk on a legacy server -__-
    I mean it was a smart play from Blizz if they really don't want to do Legacy realms. Show some interest in the former server they shut down, say the right things about wanting it to be something they do and then do nothing. What happened in the meantime? Well I mean you can easily see that the demand for Legacy has gone down. There aren't popular E-celebs shouting about it. There are no petitions. The people behind that shut down server aren't in the spotlight anymore. Even the fledgling media attention the story got is long gone. Most people moved on after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post

I'd play.
    I already said that blizzard doesnt want to do it because the same would happen to WoW :P but that's just my uneducated guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post

I'd play.
    Uhm source on that please?

Not kept upto date with RS much recently

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    I already said that blizzard doesnt want to do it because the same would happen to WoW :P but that's just my uneducated guess!
    Well it is. You have no idea of the initial popularity or drop off that could occur.

Nobody but Blizzard has full guesstimates. Again they won't just look at the popularity. They will look at long term financial viability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would play for a month or so after I clear the last raid of the next expansion, but just for fun and giggles. I already played vanilla 13 years ago, I'm covered.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Why is it hard for you to believe the petition numbers when the metrics for active accounts on N*** where pretty much available for everyone?
    Because all we had for "metrics" of said population was a PNG file that could have been made by anyone with basic knowledge of Photoshop or similar software. We had no way of actually verifying the veracity of those "metrics", so for all we know, the numbers in that PNG file could (and I would say, very likely) have been inflated to make the server seem more "popular" (and therefore, arguably "better") than the rest, and make it seem like legacy WoW should be pursued, officially.