Poll: Do you believe Alt-Right Neo Nazis should be listened to?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How do you define "listening to"? One should always be aware of what their political or ideological opponents believe. That's how you know they're your opponents in the first place. One cannot effectively argue from a place of total ignorance.

That does not equate to attending rallies, engaging in debates, or lending them any sort of false credence.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    We let open Communists speak, I see no reason why we would let the Alt-Right speak.
    That's not the question, the question is if they should be listened to. They have every right to speak just like people have the right to ignore them.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's not the question, the question is if they should be listened to. They have every right to speak just like people have the right to ignore them.
    Should we? Probably. I mean they are a notable visible-ish movement on the internet and offline too. That is why Angela Nagle wrote Kill All Normies to look into the Alt-Right and admittedly much of its existence can be attested on some level to a cultural negligence in our society. The other reason we have to listen to them beyond merely knowing what is going on on the surface is that other people are listening to them, their influence, even if only indirect is position well on the hubs of our culture (the Internet) and their ability to argue and convince people has proven very effective.

Liberals will have to listen because bunkering down and cowering behind thick walls will do nothing and leave Liberals unprepared to deal with them, or the far-left for that matter. Right now Liberalism is weak and vulnerable and it has grown that way from lack of an ability to argue for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Better to let them speak, identify them, and allow them to see the reactions their stance brings than to shut them down and allow that mindset to fester into action.

Should we? Probably. I mean they are a notable visible-ish movement on the internet and offline too. That is why Angela Nagle wrote Kill All Normies to look into the Alt-Right and admittedly much of its existence can be attested on some level to a cultural negligence in our society. The other reason we have to listen to them beyond merely knowing what is going on on the surface is that other people are listening to them, their influence, even if only indirect is position well on the hubs of our culture (the Internet) and their ability to argue and convince people has proven very effective.

Liberals will have to listen because bunkering down and cowering behind thick walls will do nothing and leave Liberals unprepared to deal with them, or the far-left for that matter. Right now Liberalism is weak and vulnerable and it has grown that way from lack of an ability to argue for itself.
    I don't see it that way aside from the economics and social aspects of this the message of alt right neo nazis is rather simple I hate everyone who doesn't look like me. I don't know what profound insightful argument you are going to get from that point of view. If you consider the kinds of people attracted to these kinds of movements you can consider them a lost cause.

As for the far left, left and moderates we argue and bicker with them all the time hence the infighting, at least their arguments are more nuanced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't see it that way aside from the economics and social aspects of this the message of alt right neo nazis is rather simple I hate everyone who doesn't look like me. I don't know what profound insightful argument you are going to get from that point of view. If you consider the kinds of people attracted to these kinds of movements you can consider them a lost cause.

As for the far left, left and moderates we argue and bicker with them all the time hence the infighting, at least their arguments are more nuanced.
    I suspect though your stance is more because you personally identify with that side. "Well my side is fine.... but those others.... their evil!"
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

stupid question but then again i see the poster

should they be listened to - no

do they have a right spew their bullshit - yes

why is it so hard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Of course. Nazis and Antifa. Listened to and argued, with civility not violence, to illustrate the faults of their ideas and strengthen our understanding and convictions of ours.
    This is the best answer.

I don't like the framing of the question, as if there's dichotomy between giving someone a platform and denying someone a platform.

Would I listen to a neo-Nazi if they wanted to talk? Sure. As long as I don't have a reason to fear for my safety then yeah, I would. I know I'll catch shit for this, but I see Nazism, (and communism) as more valid than something like flat earth theory. Flat earth theory is demonstrably, provably wrong. Political theory of any kind is basically just an opinion. That's not to say that individual claims can't be debunked, but it's not the same as something that has been proven wrong in totality like flat earth theory. I would also put political philosophy on a different level than religion. Religion is not demonstrably false like flat earth theory, but religion does make claims about the nature of reality that are totally unsubstantiated.

I have listened to flat earthers. By doing so I learned what their arguments were, so now I can debunk flat earth theory in a way that is convincing to anyone that is intellectually honest. I've convinced a few people that weren't sure about flat earth theory that it's absolute nonsense. I also looked up 9/11 truther stuff for the same purpose. If an idea doesn't hold up under scrutiny, then you have nothing to fear from it.

That being said I've never talked to an actual Nazi before. The few I've met on the internet have not been interested in talking. I would love 10 minutes alone with Jared Taylor. I bet I could convince him that race realism is BS, or at least get him to use an argument from emotion.

We let open Communists speak, I see no reason why we would let the Alt-Right speak.
    Fun fact: you're wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...ol_Act_of_1954

However I don't think it's ever been enforced, likely because it'd be ruled unconstitutional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Fun fact: you're wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...ol_Act_of_1954

However I don't think it's ever been enforced, likely because it'd be ruled unconstitutional.
    So I'm actually right because a rule is never being enforced..... so actually you meant to say the opposite of what you said.

Do you believe dangerous psychopaths should be listened to?

Answer this question and you got your answer for this one as well.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

So I'm actually right because a rule is never being enforced..... so actually you meant to say the opposite of what you said.
    Nevertheless, technically it's illegal to be a Communist, but not a Nazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well they do have a right to talk, 1st amendment and all.

And I have just as much right to tell them to go fuck themselves and not listen to their bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nevertheless, technically it's illegal to be a Communist, but not a Nazi.
    Yes one is ever present on say College settings across the Western World and the other is a socially acceptable target of vigilante violence.

Sure, let them be heard.

They try to sound intelligent but sooner rather then later their talking turns into hardcore racism shrouded in fancy words and language acrobatics.

The message is the same though. People who hide their racisim are just emboldened by it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't hear them, you can't see them coming.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Free speech means everyone can say everything they damn well please.

Doesn't mean I have to listen to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Do you believe Alt-Right Neo Nazis should be listened to?

Better yet do you think every fucked up ideology should be given a platform?

Do you personally give a full listening to when it comes from certain ideologies like say flat earthers or red pillers?

For me it’s no, no and hell no!
    Listened to in what context? As advice or public speakers? Everyone is permitted a voice but if it comes to political advice and choices, nazi, antifa, 'red-pillers', people who don't believe in the climate, 'flat earthers' and religious groups and so on, shouldn't have a voice.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We have freedom of speech here in Australia but we don't wave it around like some diehard unwavering immovable rule like the Americans do. I guess Freedom of speech is ok when Nazis can have a voice...is it also acceptable if they begin to garner more attention...more followers...more violence ensues because they were allowed to promote hate speech etc. oh...whoopsie...too late.

I was outraged seeing years ago a documentary on the Westboro Baptist Church, picketing dead soldiers funerals calling them "FA$$OTS" and with even children holding up signs saying the same. but...freedom of speech right? what was worse, is that Americans defended it, because they have this HUGE paranoia thinking if they start to censor one group it will become some slippery slope.

No folks, you're censoring people who want to spread hate, violence and a poisonous viscous cloud upon humanity. Again, we have free speech here in Australia but we would never ever allow hate speech or the possibility that parties involved could escalate to something serious.