Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Does the sentiment not do justice to the level of fear I am now feeling?

(come on man, sarcasm. do I need to put a /s on everything?)
    Retail investors not realizing you take a major tax hit if you draw your 401k early.... I think a lack of a /sarcasm tag is the least of their uninformed problems.

Also not realising the default setting for GEN-OT is shitposting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Retail investors not realizing you take a major tax hit if you draw your 401k early.... I think a lack of a /sarcasm tag is the least of their uninformed problems.

Also not realising the default setting for GEN-OT is shitposting.
    Taking a ~52% loss on my 401k by withdrawing early is the safe route to go! Slacker76 gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Taking a ~52% loss on my 401k by withdrawing early is the safe route to go! Slacker76 gets it.

Fuck I went to Art School and managed to figured out the basics of 401ks and progressive tax rates. No idea how these guys that worship STEM degrees and shit on liberal arts majors can be so obtuse. What's their excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Republican voters?
    a majority of republican voters.

If y'all believe we are on a bubble you are free to put your money where your mouth is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    If y'all believe we are on a bubble you are free to put your money where your mouth is.
    Only 54% of Americans have money in stocks, which includes 401k:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/20/inve...ans/index.html

So, how do we put money where our mouth is? I already spend way too much on food...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The stock market is in another huge bubble, with the growing uncertainty in European and Asian markets there are less places to safely invest.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The stock market is in another huge bubble, with the growing uncertainty in European and Asian markets there are less places to safely invest.
    So does that mean all of the stock market gains under Trump are actually fake bubble gains again, until the tax cut happens, in which case they will be real? I can never keep up with where we stand on this stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Truth... if Trump doesn’t get the 15% cut he promised, the market will react accordingly. A lot of the current growth is speculation that Trump’s 15% cut to corporate taxes, will mean a 15% boost in corporate earnings. If it doesn’t come to fruition, expect the market to adjust by about 15%.
    So it's a self fulfilling promise.

Wall Street is so fucking stupid. It works, sure, but it's stupid.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    The stock market does work on speculation which is why it doesn't do well under Democrat leadership. The businesses know Trump wasn't to MAGA so they are investing into America!
    This is a complete lie. The stock market made big gains during the 8 years of the Obama and Clinton administrations, and actually fell during the GWBush administration. Bush's tax cuts led to initial gains followed by a huge mancession it was called - basically the shedding of white male jobs of the high paying type - followed by a corresponding drop in the DOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Doesn't your financial advisor tell you to never time the market??.
    That is common sense because none can actually predict the future. But if the financial experts of MMO-c are so sure that we are on a bubble, they are free to give it hand, else they are these guy:

For myself, I don't think we are in a bubble. The stock market has been going up, but revenue is also up. Profit margins for tech companies which are the driving force for the last 4 years have rarely dipped below 20%.

Amazon is the one company not making any profit (not sure if I would consider Amazon a tech company). However the company total revenue in 2016 was 136 billion with gross profit of 47.7 billion. Almost all (43.5 billion) was put back into the business. So even Amazon's 500 billion market cap is justifiable despite their profit margin of 0.5%.

The interesting thing if you look at Amazon's annual income statement for 2016, the company only paid 1.425 billion in taxes which put their effective tax rate at around 3%.

The stock market does work on speculation which is why it doesn't do well under Democrat leadership. The businesses know Trump wasn't to MAGA so they are investing into America!
    You are funny. When George W. Bush left office, the stock market was at what? 8000? When Obama left office, it was over 19,000. Obama did really well for the stock market. Trump hasn't done anything to effect the stock market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    -_-

That's the point... If there's a bubble, there's no point in timing when it will pop. Your words are useless.

- - - Updated - - -

It's really not that big of a deal if the market corrects. It will go back up. There's so much cash out there that I'm sure I wouldn't be surprised if it was only a few months.

This isn't as crazy as people make it sound, on either side. This is just how markets work. It's an odds game. Some people went in early making a bet, and the market grew because of it. The Dow Jones is really a meaningless number...
    I know it's how the markets work, it just annoys me that so much of it is literally based on people guessing what values will be in the near future. That's an oversimplification, obviously, but still.
    Putin khuliyo

They aren't even trying to hide the fact that this is trickle down economics

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/922404459438845953

New report: lowering the corporate tax rate from 35% to 20% = average pay raise of $4,000 annually per household

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says the stock market will tumble, if tax cuts aren’t passed

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mnu...ors-2017-10-18

Fearmongering or truth?

My bet is on fearmongering.
    It's an American politician... so bullshit either way? Seriously, they're not able to do anything resembling normal politics over there these days. Jumping from one hyperbole to the next.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The stock market had its largest gains under Obama, from 7000 points to it's current level.

You can lie all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact it's largest growth was under a Democrat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop falling for th obvious bait.

To op it’s both. They are trading and speculating based on the tax cuts but are trying to scare people so it passes

It is just plain delusion to think that increasing the tax burden on >80% of the population is even called a 'tax cut'.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is just plain delusion to think that increasing the tax burden on >80% of the population is even called a 'tax cut'.
    It's a tax cut for the "real americans"! By which I mean the corporations....
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-