Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    How do naga go backwards? Just immagine that

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    Considering there are already Azshara-separatists it would be far easier to just let them be like they are
    The animation work alone is inconceivable. Creating new lore would be easier and cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    And how would strafe look?

The more you think of Naga the more absurd it becomes.

Deleted
    I don't understand? Quite easy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    The animation work alone is inconceivable. Creating new lore would be easier and cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Creating a new Race is always costy. Because they have to do the animation work anyway. But if Naga would become playable they would either use the existing Rig, or create a new one. Both could work. Just use your imagination a bit.

Last edited by mmoc0f4b7c4548; 2017-10-30 at 02:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    I don't understand? Quite easy?
    Snakes cant go backward on solid ground because of scales. Naga as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    People who want "more elves" simply ask for one thing: Races that don't look deformed, monstrous or ripped like hell.

Subraces can fix that and I think it's more than welcome to have new elf subraces at the same time as every other race.

As fan of elf-like aesthetics and Priest, I totally support the Void Elf hype and I hope that it becomes a thing along with decent story background to support it.
    Why not have both? Considering Void Elfs ist just a Retexture of the Bloodelf Model, it isn't that much of a task for the art team. So We could get Subraces + New Races. And if they are at it, make 1-100 content be scaled so we can Level where we want. Combine this with new Race+Class Combos and there could be a massive Wave of people rolling new Characters and returning.

- - - Updated - - -

Snakes cant go backward on solid ground because of scales. Naga as well.
    We could use Reallife as a reference, however it is still a fantasy game. Have you ever wondered why the wheels of horde Demolisher don't rotate? That's just part of Warcraft. Also they can:

I'm pretty sure Naga will never become a playable race.

As far as mounts go, they could (but it may look stupid) have their tail hang off to one side of the mount?

Staring at a huge snake tail nub flapping back and forth as you play all the time won't get annoying to you at all?

I really hope it's not Naga and if it is, they somehow grew feet

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuj View Post
    Why not have both? Considering Void Elfs ist just a Retexture of the Bloodelf Model, it isn't that much of a task for the art team. So We could get Subraces + New Races. And if they are at it, make 1-100 content be scaled so we can Level where we want. Combine this with new Race+Class Combos and there could be a massive Wave of people rolling new Characters and returning.
    You have a point. New races and subraces is not bad at all, yet I am afraid Blizz won't properly do it if they don't invest in either.

I am not quite sure that Void Elves will be Belf/Helf retexture. In an equivalent sense, Nightborne are related to Nelves, yet they are not Nelf reskin. In the same sense, Void Elves might most likely be their own thing - possibly related to Belves to an extend.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's just not feasible. No matter what way you try to put it they are already so established and the animation and model development would be a disaster. Curling up the tail or hanging it off the side? Absolutely not, there is a reason we haven't seen them do that in the first place, zero sightings of Naga on any form of mount, and for obvious reasons. Yeah they could rework the physics and animation of it SO it would fit, but wouldn't that be a little odd to all of a sudden completely change a non-bipedal race into something thats...so odd...I'm all for new races don't get me wrong, but we can't just brute force a race into the game, i mean i guess they could but it wouldn't look too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    The naga debate possibly the only argument more annoying than the people who keep begging for tinkerers.
    I was just wondering, "Where are all the annoying Tinker threads?" Have Demon Hunters scared them all away?

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of these complaints are just failures of the imagination that have been discussed dozens of times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I was just wondering, "Where are all the annoying Tinker threads?" Have Demon Hunters scared them all away?

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of these complaints are just failures of the imagination that have been discussed dozens of times.

imagine naga on flying mounts.. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    How would they mount a horse?
    Sitting on its tail or slithering around it. Easily done.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Then you're thinking is very limited. How would either be a problem? There is already some animations in place.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    yeah, blizzard needs to focus. if they dont focus, we end up with a WoD of shit. or like 2 subraces at launch with more added every patch.

Fuck Naga.
    and who the f are you to dictate?

Naga to the Horde
    Ogre to the Alliance.

Personally naga would be a hard sell for me. I like the idea of more race options that are a bit far out and different; one game I forgot the name of let you play as massive stone giant people, and I saw another that lets you play as sentient metallic constructs. I'll always like new races, but naga would be a weird one.

Worgen and pandaren were one thing, they have fur but at least they have two arms, two legs - they're humanoid. When I think of naga being released and I imagine hundreds of them slithering around everywhere? I don't know what I'll make of that or whether I'll be able to just go "I guess this is how it is, now."

Ogres and Vrykul would be neat, as would Jinyu and Hozen. Maybe Nightborne, Tuskarr, or Arakkoa (I really really wanted to be an Arakkoa shadow priest after doing Spires of Arak). Of course, seeing any of those races walk around the cities would sort of beg belief, too.. but at least they all have feet.

Who knows, I never thought they'd do worgen but they did.