Deleted

Do you think we will keep artifacts skill next expansion?

I think we will keep the skills next expansion, since specs are balanced around having such skills.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Nope. Specs all have to be rebalanced anyways based on various changes (e.g. we'll see if there is more pruning).

I think some skills and some of the artifact gold traits will be baked into classes or some new post leveling progression system but not all.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of the artifact abilities (more so the passives) will be baked into the other specs. I believe we can suspect another power progression system like the artifacts though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming we will keep the abilities for the most part, they did say they went a bit too far on the pruning too so adding even more stuff is hopeful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I think some skills and some of the artifact gold traits will be baked into classes or some new post leveling progression system but not all.
    wow we said the same thing

We have had effects from the Draenor Perks for instance put into the classes in some form.
    We are likely to have at least some mechanics from the Artifacts become baseline in some way, be it by default, talents, etc.
    But we will change in more ways than simply additions, so some may need changed to fit, some may not, and we may even lose something pre-artifact.

Going to have both gains and losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    I think we will keep the skills next expansion, since specs are balanced around having such skills.
    There will be a massive job done on all specs, obviously, some skill may stay, or go, and be replaced by something else. I'm also expecting some nice artifact traits to be baked in, maybe even some legendary effects.

Yeah I do think they will make many of the artifact skills baseline for many specs. For example the moon spells for balance I can see becoming baseline. If they don't they would have to essentially rework the entire spec.

Maybe though they will remove many of those skills and passives to make room for new spells and passives, as a form of progression yet again. Maybe we will be doing the same thing we did in Legion; slowly unlocking our spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Nope. Specs all have to be rebalanced anyways based on various changes (e.g. we'll see if there is more pruning).
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    There will be a massive job done on all specs, obviously, some skill may stay, or go, and be replaced by something else. I'm also expecting some nice artifact traits to be baked in, maybe even some legendary effects.
    Are you telling me they are going to change specs for the 7th time in 5 years ?

Nah, They will give us something new to whine about

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Yes. They always modify the specs each and every expansion to try to keep the game fresh.

Really curious to see how this game is going to transition into getting rid of the artifacts.

They'll waste a ton of time and resources on reimagining the damned specs again, as per usual.

I just hope they return my favourite spec to what it once was.

Of course, nothing can stay as it is anyway, it's mostly garbage.