Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    True, but "Absorber", "Restorer" and "Disturber" are problematic for various reasons or just flat out too lame to even seriously consider.
    Void Seeker by itself isn't really the issue I think.
    I don't see the problem (maybe 'cause english is not my antive lang), but most of the WoW classes have the problem with loose concept or weird name in the spec names. Some examples:

Restoration Shaman / Druid: pretty close to "Restorer"
    Holy Paladin / Priest: we can argue about priest having unholy specs, but paladin?
    Arms Warrior: do the other warriors don't use arms?
    Enhancement Shaman: because they enhance their attacks with elemental forces ¯\_(>_>)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    What does Anub'rekhan have to do with anything lol
    I think he meant Anub'arak.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I don't see the problem (maybe 'cause english is not my antive lang), but most of the WoW classes have the problem with loose concept or weird name in the spec names. Some examples:

Holy Paladin / Priest: we can argue about priest having unholy specs, but paladin?
    Enhancement Shaman: because they enhance their attacks with elemental forces ¯\_(>_>)_/¯
    Not only that, but these names also have to sound somewhat "alien." This would be the first spec to be from truly offworld in its entirety.

Just a quick reminder, the Demon Hunter spec names are "Havoc" and "Vengeance" (lol) and Death Knights have a spec called "blood." Not hemomancy, not Blood Magic, just "Blood."

not gonna lie fake or not good read
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post

"Absorber" is literally the absorption mechanic of tanking that already exists. Multiple specs have mechanics of that nature, besides being bland it's a bit weird. Your examples nonwithstanding, specs generally have more abstract or dramatic names.

"Restorer" the issue with this name is simply that we already have two(!) Restoration specs, adding a third just seems totally unecessarily confusing, especially when there are so many other potential names for a non-conventional healing spec (melee and void-based healing doesn't exactly evoke green leaves floating around).

"Disturber" is just flat out bad. It would be meme-fodder forever, and besides - what does this actually describe about the spec? The spec "disturbs" enemies? Ehhh? Besides, we already have a literal Void dps spec - Shadow. Redundancy is redundant.

Slap a "Tides of Doom" title for this expansion and it looks pretty good, I'd buy it.