Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So this Happened

So in a drunken rage I did this
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9369973?page=1
    input I guess?
    otherwise input here about the literal dumpster fire dev communication with hunters. and Ion being caught red handed ignoring beta feedback.

Deleted
    Hunters have never once got the spot light?
    Yeah sure mate hunters were never good, ever.

I mean, I think it's untrue at best. People complained about hunters, loudly even, and things were changed to help combat the issues. The last time we heard from the devs wasn't last october, and lots of changes happened since then. That it isn't the complete mid-expansion rework and rebranding that some people seem to wish for (which is borderline impossible the way they do their designing) isn't the same as them not listening or adjusting. 2 Charge dire beast, Vulnerable being made "less" punishing through buffing base aimed to help target switching, proc rates of marked shot increased to allow for higher vulnerable uptime, Sidewinders not being mandatory, pet AI has been improved vastly since release (but there will likely always be issues with it), Focus capping for BM tweaked by letting DB regen ressources over time instead of instantly, and probably more that I don't remember off the top of my head.

To say they've been "silent" and "not listening" is silly, IMO. They just didn't decide to do *everything* people asked of them, and that's probably okay. Do I wish they did more? Yea, obviously. But hunters haven't been overlooked when compared to pretty much any other class, and hunters certainly have not been in any way, shape or form "weak" this expansion. There's no mythic boss where you couldn't fit 3 hunters in if that's what you had, because they were capable of doing everything, had immunity to soak, and excelled at priority target burning on most if not all encounters where this is relevant - and when you can be "okay" with 20-25% of your DPS setup consisting of hunters, I don't think there's a big reason to moan. At least not anymore, after the various QOL changes we have had.

Quote Originally Posted by jon234 View Post
    I hope no one takes this seriously.

yea class was gutted and we got some bandaid fixes. no use expecting anything major or any plans being discussed until atleast 8.0 alpha man.

I hope to God they fix them. Wrath was my favorite expansion overall and hunters were pretty solid at the end, but by far I think the best gameplay wise they have been would of been cata. The switch to focus was smart, skill tress still existed and you could hybrid spec to an extent, CC still mattered and hunters were valued for it, we had aspects, and we had universal hunter's mark.

I'm fine with survival going melee but bring back everything else, including skill tress in some sense and a revamp of the current talent system.

Make hunters/all classes have their gimmicks again!

TO be honest, the "sidewinders" fix made MM feel all that worse to me. MM, as a spec, has no flow. I long for the 9s Chim Shot window of Cata, which was engaging and enduring. No aspect of the fox, no mobile steady shot, but aimed shot was instant and steady shot was just a shitty-damage focus generator so if you had to delay it for movement you still passively regenned focus and could potentially arcane shot or aimed shot. Only if you went for extended periods without Steady Focus up did you start to really get fucked.

Vulnerability, and especially Patient Sniper, to me, are horrible design choices in an expansion where they said they wanted to 1) prune classes to make them easier to play, while 2) making encounters really mechanically intensive. While they've done that with the latter, MM is so punishing for movement, you have MM hunters who've basically become hyper-focused on getting those perfect Vuln windows at the expense of doing mechanics. Which, let's face it, has kind of been hunters' role for a long time, handling ranged mechanics while the warlocks etc turreted. Every time I get frustrated with my MM play, I look at MM logs to see what I'm doing wrong, and it 95% of the time comes down to me actually doing raid mechanics these top logs don't do. I'm not saying MM isn't doing raid mechanics good enough for their own personal survivability, but in raids these days it's not good enough to do a raid mechanic right for yourself, you have to do it right in relation to the whole raid. Not spreading the hydra shots out because you're in a vuln window? No problem, everyone else can move around you! Not spreading out for Unbound Chaos on Avatar? No problem, everyone else can move around you! Except they can't, because they're warlocks and healers who're trying to heal people and goddamn mages who should be in the middle of nowhere on unbound but apparently need to cast that bracer-procced pyro right before unbound.

input I guess?
    otherwise input here about the literal dumpster fire dev communication with hunters. and Ion being caught red handed ignoring beta feedback.
    I'm sure that was the shining moment of your life so far.

literal dumpster fire dev communication with hunters. and Ion being caught red handed ignoring beta feedback.
    Comments like this should be bannable. If I ran this forum, nonsense like that would not be allowed here.
    Its utter falsehood and misleading to the point of trolling.

If you think, under any circumstances, hunters are in a poor spot right now, its time to find a different game.
    If you don't like the way they play, that's not Ion's fault.

You can't blame everything on some one else, and the fact that you got shut down so hard in that official forum thread should be proof of that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    The mechanics of hunter play are worse than I can ever remember. I keep wanting to come back to wow, but then I remember that they haven't fixed my class. I'm not coming back unless they fix it.

input I guess?
    Oh its you. The one who posts in every single monk thread bitching about hunters. Especially the ones about monks recent nerfs. Get this, BM not performing how you like? Switch to MM. You have options. Monks can't just switch, we have to go to an entirely different class. hunters are ok atm.

The devs don't "ignore" you just because they don't do all changes you want right away, or did you forget about them base lining a legendary which makes BM play better. It can be frustrating when a class isn't playing how you like, but don't start bitching all the time until blizz basically nerfs you every. single. patch, and their only fix is hur dur damage increase aura.

BM players tell blizz how the shoulders makes the spec much more fun and easier to play -base line-, monks tell blizz that about our T19/T20 -nerfed into dust-

I'm currently 5/9 mythic, my raid group has 2 hunters in it but I'm the only monk. I'm constantly afraid they are gonna bench me. You guys have good damage, good burst, utility, especially when pretty much every fight requires you to soak something.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    input I guess?
    Basically you're not happy that the spec you WANT to play isn't good while there is another spec of your class that is pretty damn good right now (not including all the utility/burst that hunters can bring). Maybe you should take a look over here at THIS PLACE (pay attention to the #6 spot & #22 spot) or THIS PLACE (pay attention to #6 there) or THIS PLACE (pay attention to the spec listed for pages 1-30...ok or you could scroll all the way to spot #755, 782, 810, 843, 899, or lastly 901 to compare) or THIS PLACE (pay attention to slot #3 & 11) or THIS PLACE (lots of green on a few boss fights).

You should really look at those places and read them before making idiotic posts calling out Developers in your own threads (or on here) or trying to resurrect a thread started 2 1/2 years ago that hasn't have any activity on it since May & no Blizzard activity on it since Oct 18, 2016. Maybe you should try being MM instead of BM as that's the best spec for hunters currently. Hate to break it to you but not every spec of a class can sit at 1, 2, and 3 on the rankings. Someone has to be towards the bottom & sometimes that means only 1 of of a spec if viable (and some times that viable spec is a healer while you're a dps of that class).

What? This is the first time where all 3 hunter specs have been fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    The mechanics of hunter play are worse than I can ever remember. I keep wanting to come back to wow, but then I remember that they haven't fixed my class. I'm not coming back unless they fix it.
    When did Hunters had a good mechanics ??

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take anything over the legion hunter. I'd like to play the traditional hunter with his pet role. Not what they've butchered the 3 specs into this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    TO be honest, the "sidewinders" fix made MM feel all that worse to me. MM, as a spec, has no flow. I long for the 9s Chim Shot window of Cata, which was engaging and enduring. No aspect of the fox, no mobile steady shot, but aimed shot was instant and steady shot was just a shitty-damage focus generator so if you had to delay it for movement you still passively regenned focus and could potentially arcane shot or aimed shot. Only if you went for extended periods without Steady Focus up did you start to really get fucked.

Vulnerability, and especially Patient Sniper, to me, are horrible design choices in an expansion where they said they wanted to 1) prune classes to make them easier to play, while 2) making encounters really mechanically intensive. While they've done that with the latter, MM is so punishing for movement, you have MM hunters who've basically become hyper-focused on getting those perfect Vuln windows at the expense of doing mechanics. Which, let's face it, has kind of been hunters' role for a long time, handling ranged mechanics while the warlocks etc turreted. Every time I get frustrated with my MM play, I look at MM logs to see what I'm doing wrong, and it 95% of the time comes down to me actually doing raid mechanics these top logs don't do. I'm not saying MM isn't doing raid mechanics good enough for their own personal survivability, but in raids these days it's not good enough to do a raid mechanic right for yourself, you have to do it right in relation to the whole raid. Not spreading the hydra shots out because you're in a vuln window? No problem, everyone else can move around you! Not spreading out for Unbound Chaos on Avatar? No problem, everyone else can move around you! Except they can't, because they're warlocks and healers who're trying to heal people and goddamn mages who should be in the middle of nowhere on unbound but apparently need to cast that bracer-procced pyro right before unbound.
    Vulnerability is really not much of an issue (anymore, after the "nerf") and "the perfect vulnerability window" doesn't exist in most cases
    Just do your AS-AiS-AiS and you are fine... (90-99 percentile fine)
    It's not really that much of a hassle to do raid mechanics with MM. It's only getting problematic if you really don't have any breathers, which is never the case in HC and also somewhat rare in Mythic (never cleared a mythic raid in my life, so I don't know all the bosses)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-29 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Vulnerability is really not much of an issue (anymore, after the "nerf") and "the perfect vulnerability window" doesn't exist in most cases
    Just do your AS-AiS-AiS and you are fine... (90-99 percentile fine)
    It's not really that much of a hassle to do raid mechanics with MM. It's only getting problematic if you really don't have any breathers, which is never the case in HC and also somewhat rare in Mythic (never cleared a mythic raid in my life, so I don't know all the bosses)
    Everyone can do heroic as MM. Almost everyone in my guild has almost all orange parses in heroic. When I'm talking about hydra shot and unbound chaos, I'm talking about Mythic Mistress progression and Mythic Fallen Avatar progression.

7+ Year Old Account
    MM is fine the way it is and true to it's form. I'd hate for it to be dumbed down with baseline instant aimed shots.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I'd take anything over the legion hunter. I'd like to play the traditional hunter with his pet role. Not what they've butchered the 3 specs into this expansion.
    I agree with some things you say the specs are bad especially survival spec it's pure shit.But this is why Blizzard developed difference mechanics for people feel it will get them unique experience.Blizzard have no intention go back and i am sure they don't care about me and you even when we complain about their System that sucks right now,but if you ask me i would love if they will bring back the old Talent System from Vanilla .

I like BM the way it is currently...