Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Four season climates.

What states have a four distinct seasons climate?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't live in the US but I would think Vermont and Maine have 4 seasons considering they're next to Quebec, Canada (where I live) and we do get 4 climates.

I live in Detroit, MI. We have four seasons. Most of the Mid-West and Northeast does. I'm not sure about the NorthWestern states tho.

All of New England certainly does and a good number of the Mid-Atlantic states as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

all countries in Europe probably

Arizona sure as shit doesnt!!

We just get hot, VERY HOT and somewhat hot and thats it!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most states in the US have distinct seasons. In Ohio, it is very pronounced. The neighboring states of Penn, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia, Michigan do too. I have seen temps while living in Ohio for decades, range from 101 to as low as -34 degrees F. The state record for the lowest temperature is -39.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyjack View Post
    all countries in Europe probably
    20 years ago, yeah... I miss Autumn.

Most states do. Maryland does, and its mid way on the USA east coast. I much prefer a warm dry climate like the western USA has. Fuck hot humid summers and cold wet winters.

Quote Originally Posted by khaedar View Post
    I don't live in the US but I would think Vermont and Maine have 4 seasons considering they're next to Quebec, Canada (where I live) and we do get 4 climates.
    Actually Vermont gets 5 seasons-Spring,Summer,Fall,Winter,and Mud. I've seen one of the roads here eat a first gen Humvee.

Wisconsin gets all four...sometimes in the same day. Pretty neat when that happens.

victoria

/asjhdfbjksdf

Florida has four seasons, sure.
    Tourist, Summer, Hurricane, and Winter (it drops to like 50F for 2-3 days).
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas does sometimes you can get all four seasons in one day.

California has 4 wet, drought, fire, and mudslides.

I think, regardless of jokes... all except Hawaii have some semblance of four seasons. Hawaii has Rain and less rain. Granted Big Island seemed to actually have spots that felt fall and winter more obviously (higher elevations) but down near teh coast was still like 65-70 degrees fahrenheit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nireyo View Post
    I live in Detroit, MI. We have four seasons. Most of the Mid-West and Northeast does. I'm not sure about the NorthWestern states tho.
    The interior, more so. The coastal Northwest has the 40's-50's and rainy season (most of the year), and the sunny and 60's-80's season. Doesn't get below freezing that much west of the mountains, but it's also one of the only areas that isn't oppressively hot or humid in the summer.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably all of New England.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    What states have a four distinct seasons climate?
    Why the interest? There's only one season worth having, and that's Spring. Otherwise, you get "too hot and humid to do anything," then "depression because winter is coming," then actual winter.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I'm not from the states but my country has all 4 seasons.

And its amazing tough sometimes can be a bit rough to transition from one to the other.

Western New York has it in spades.