Well, the administration officially sought to declare executive privilege over the entire thing...

You gotta love corrupt authoritarians who try to fight transpareny.

10+ Year Old Account
    House moves forward with Barr contempt vote. Meanwhile, Trump says report proved no collusion -- odd, considering he's hiding it, and what parts we've seen don't say that at all, even Barr said so under oath -- and TREASONOUS HOAX!

Wow, he's worried. He's probably sweating like an obese man in a cheap Chinese suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually a bit nervous if this level paranoia (and stress) keeps up for him.... His heart is gonna make it to November 2020 right?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Don't look at it as an isolated incident, what we have is a long and continuing series of events. There were tons of things demanded and tons of things provided. Yes, there were obstacles, too. But in many cases Trump, while he could have stopped something, didn't stop it. Perhaps because others suggested to him that this would be bad, but nevertheless.

This "denial of the full Mueller report" is just the current stopgap.

First, there are already congressmen who had access to the full report. Second, the reason for hiding the redacted parts is ongoing investigations. And yes, the congress can absolutely leak something that it shouldn't, we are talking about a lot of people with big political agendas. They have means to leak things they think would benefit them without getting implicated. (It's a different thing that perhaps the redacted portions might not really be all that newsworthy, but security is frequently like that, it fails on the side of hiding more than perhaps needed.) Third, the full report will likely be disclosed, just later after ongoing operations complete. If someone in congress doesn't want to wait, he can try obtaining necessary clearance. Yes, that's probably complex, but such is the nature of secrets related to ongoing operations.

Most importantly, as I say, this is just the current stopgap. If Trump didn't object to providing the full report to congress, the dems would just have moved to something else. In an extreme case, we'd see headlines of Trump not caring about the security of ongoing operations and providing the full report for too many people, thus putting people in ongoing operations under risk. And we'd be here in the same thread discussing why Trump is oh-so-reckless.

That's all there is to it. Hope I answered your question in at least that part that concerns the disclosing of the full Mueller report.

---
    A question back: what are you hoping to find in the full report and would you bother to look at it when it gets published after some time?
    You discussed half the question.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You discussed half the question.
    I know. I am not interested in the other half right now, maybe someone else could answer that. Are you satisfied with my answer to the first half and are you going to answer my question?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    His heart is gonna make it to November 2020 right?
    While he's obese and eats nothing but fast food, truth be told he has access to the best medical care on the planet. No way does he actually die from a heart attack. But, yes, the ongoing stress of an intentionally obese man is not going to do him any favors. Even by his own fictional numbers, he's now officially obese and likely defying his own doctor's orders.

I know. I am not interested in the other half right now, maybe someone else could answer that. Are you satisfied with my answer to the first half and are you going to answer my question?
    No I'm not satisfied with your answer. I am not interested in partial answers, which is all you gave. I asked about both because it is likely they go together.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

No I'm not satisfied with your answer. I am not interested in partial answers, which is all you gave. I asked about both because it is likely they go together.
    They don't go together, these are totally different things, but whatever. I took your question seriously, I was wrong to do it, it was a waste of time. Next time I won't bother answering.

They don't go together, these are totally different things, but whatever. I took your question seriously, I was wrong to do it, it was a waste of time. Next time I won't bother answering. Good luck with your rhetoric.
    Typical bullshit from a russian troll. Ignore half of my question, then blame me.

Typical bullshit from a russian troll. Ignore half of my question, then blame me.
    Because no matter what gets released, Democrats will find a way to blame him for something?

Trump's voters are already satisfied with conclusions, and he isn't going to win Democrats no matter what, so why should he help them? They are plainly not respecting him, and he owes no respect to them.

Where do you live? Since it's apparently OK to invoke nationality, I want to reference yours from time to time, too. If you are in the US, name your state.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    While he's obese and eats nothing but fast food, truth be told he has access to the best medical care on the planet. No way does he actually die from a heart attack.
    Depends when it happens. If it comes on while he's in a room alone at night because Melania can't stand to be around him, it doesn't matter how much healthcare he has.

Access to the best doctors only helps you if they get to you early enough. There's always a chance any of us could experience a stroke/heart attack/seizure when no one else is around to call for aid.

They don't go together, these are totally different things, but whatever. I took your question seriously, I was wrong to do it, it was a waste of time. Next time I won't bother answering.
    Every time you post is a waste of time, nobody buys your bullshit. You really should not bother answering ever, but you will continue to waste your time.

Where do you live? Since it's apparently OK to invoke nationality, I want to reference yours from time to time, too. If you are in the US, name your state.
    The US.

You should be perfectly happy now since I answered half your question but if you're not, then you're the problem.

I learned ^ that by watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Every time you post is a waste of time, nobody buys your bullshit. You really should not bother answering ever, but you will continue to waste your time.
    These forums have plenty of people besides the anti-Trump kindergarten brigade.

These forums have plenty of people besides the anti-Trump kindergarten brigade.
    If your not here for the anti trump folk, you are in the wrong thread, and thus wasting your time. The pro trump people in this thread drank the kool-aid a long time ago and would happily suck the orange cock. You are not muddying the waters for anyone, you're just looking the fool.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-05-09 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

The US.
    Yeah, this is enough, I am happy with an answer to half of my question, in fact I asked two questions partly specifically for that.

It's great that you are in the US and I hope you will stay until 2020 because there is a pretty good chance you'll get to see Trump elected for the second time despite the endless BS of you and others in this thread (and in the media in general). Trump will continue to rule, people who can actually debate points on merit will continue living happily not paying much attention to your small zoo here, and you will continue to post BS in this zoo, unable to stop. It's all going to be good.

Yeah, this is enough, I am happy with an answer to half of my question, in fact I asked two questions partly specifically for that.

It's great that you are in the US and I hope you will stay until 2020 because there is a pretty good chance you'll get to see Trump elected for the second time despite the endless BS of you and others in this thread (and in the media in general). Trump will continue to rule, people who can actually debate points on merit will continue living happily not paying much attention to your small zoo here, and you will continue to post BS in this zoo, unable to stop. It's all going to be good.
    Make Putin Proud Again.

But no seriously, your ^ post totally seems like points based on merits. <------this is my "i totally believe you" font.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    The executive privilege is mostly to add another layer of protection to Barr for the contempt vote.

Basically, we're getting a re-do of the Fast & Furious situation where Obama similarly applied a belated Executive Privilege to protect Holder.

Some in Justice were concerned that the court defense of special council regulations, etc. wasn't enough to tie up the subpoena requests and protect Barr. Now this is literally a repeat of precedent.

So before you act like this is some monumentally unconstitutional new thing that's never happened before, you're wrong.
    I don't think it was any better when done by Obama, and I felt the Fast and Furious obfuscations (not the actual event the president can't micromanage everything but how Obama addressed it) we're another example of how Obama let some really bad things continue so he could put his focus on what he wanted to reform. That said, Obama himself wasn't the subject of the report in question, and the information wasn't potentially related to obstruction of justice. Both are bad, but Trump's is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    The executive privilege is mostly to add another layer of protection to Barr for the contempt vote.

Basically, we're getting a re-do of the Fast & Furious situation where Obama similarly applied a belated Executive Privilege to protect Holder.

Some in Justice were concerned that the court defense of special council regulations, etc. wasn't enough to tie up the subpoena requests and protect Barr. Now this is literally a repeat of precedent.

So before you act like this is some monumentally unconstitutional new thing that's never happened before, you're wrong.
    True, but end result was Holder resigning and Obama turning over the asked for documents to Congress.

Obama saw it as an error and reversed it, but lets face it Trump isn't smart enough to avoid this coming train wreak.