Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Oh I forgot you are not a US citizen. So your bashing the US is no surprise. And as a reminder, not that it will make any difference to you, the US President has pardon power on a federal level. Same as a Governor does on the State level. And how the people can change that, does exist from a Constitutional position.
    It does make a difference. The longer this shitshow continues the more laughs I get from it. The US is beoynd a parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    hm interesting. Do you have any 2016 predictions too and can you link those by any chance?
    Trump ran against Hillary Clinton in 2016, who Republicans went to war with for over a decade.

Trump is principally running against himself in 2020.

That's really bad news for the Writer, Actor and Director of the Donald Trump show that this country has been forced to endure.

The question Democrats are putting up won't be "are you better off than you were 4 years ago". It's "do you REALLY want for more years of Trump being Trump".

Trump, because he's the most toxic American alive, will basically be screwing himself with every stunt he pulls during the election (and there will be many). It'll be the bull in the china shop running against normalcy.

Don't bet against normalcy when everyone has been forced to watch said bull running through said China shop.

But regardless of that, the 2018 election resources speak for themselves. If Pennsylvania voters turn out like that again, Trump will lose the state, a state once only in 2016 by a Republican, and not before since 1988, and he'll not be re-elected.

And you can damn well bet Barack Obama will basically be living in Pittsburgh and Philly, while "white working class" Democrats are working the mixed and "flip" counties. Good luck to Trump, lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    hm interesting. Do you have any 2016 predictions too and can you link those by any chance?
    Yeah, but in 2016, only 20% of the population knew Trump was a fucking retard. Now, a good 80% know.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It does make a difference. The longer this shitshow continues the more laughs I get from it. The US is beoynd a parody.
    A US President's executive powers is not going to change ( without a Constitutional process ) , so do not worry, you can continue to get your laughs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Yeah, but in 2016, only 20% of the population knew Trump was a fucking retard. Now, a good 80% know.
    He still has about a 90% approval rating among Republicans. But I would not want to bet against your prediction.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

A US President's executive powers is not going to change ( without a Constitutional process ) , so do not worry, you can continue to get your laughs.
    All congress has to do is act, the expansion of executive powers over the decades is due to congress letting the president have free reign. What was given can easily be taken back what most concerning is the presidents current ability to go to war without congressional approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    incorrect all congress has to do is act, the expansion of executive powers over the decades is due to congress letting the president have free reign. What was given can easily be taken back what most concerning is the presidents current ability to go to war without congressional approval.
    Which is a Constitutional process. :P
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Which is a Constitutional process. :P
    you replied faster than I can edit.

A US President's executive powers is not going to change ( without a Constitutional process )
    I'm not talking about that. It is an issue of systematic corruption on comedic levels allowed to continue year after year. The desentized people mesmerized by reality TV are to blame as much as the conjobs in power. You should give the french model a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    you replied faster than I can edit.
    Lol! Well, what is the saying, all is well that ends well. You were so quick to dispute my comment, it overtook your knowledge that basically I was right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hm interesting, do you have any 2018 predictions too and can you link them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about that. It is an issue of systematic corruption on comedic levels allowed to continue year after year. The desentized people mesmerized by reality TV are to blame as much as the conjobs in power. You should give the french model a try.
    No thanks. I am content with what type of government we have.

Again, not the point of discussion :P
    The french model includes a sharp thingy that falls and an aristocrats head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, not the point of discussion :P
    The french model includes a sharp thingy that falls and an aristocrats head.
    Well, I do not have any issues with using a guillotine when it comes to executions. Is a quick death. But we are very selective when it comes to that subject of when we should use executions. So once again, I would not want to trade places with any other citizen in any another country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Trump is principally running against himself in 2020.
    In the real world, yes. Trump's record of broken promises and failures is larger and wider than even his bloated obese ass. And every educated person knows this.

Problem is, Trump's rabid fanbase don't live in the real world. They live in a place where the Republicans controlled all three branches of the government but were still the underdogs, oppressed by stroke victims like Clinton and Pelosi. They live in a place where China is handing the US tariffs and clean coal is creating jobs. They live in a place where everyone wants the Wall despite Congress refusing to give a single cent for it, but the money magically appears because Trump said so (what pensions?). And they live in a place where the tax cut for the rich has managed to enrich everyone, no matter what their paycheck or tax refund says, and the effective destruction of the ACA somehow saved them money.

Trump's not running against himself, he's running against reality. Right now, there's a lot of lies his supporters are pretending to accept, enough to make it a tough race. Simply put, reality has to turn up the juice to a point even Trump's lies can't handle. The death of farms, either by inability to sell their product or Mother Nature getting sick of Trump's bullshit, is a start. Spiked prices at Old Navy and Wal-Mart will help. A recession would drive the point home. So would another Trump Shutdown, and as you're keen on pointing out, the next spending bill will have some real duration behind it, so Trump's going to be extra cautious this time.

Trump's rabid fanbase is pretending things are going great. But while Trump can tell all the lies he wants to other people, you can only lie to yourself for so long. Most people aren't talented liars, conmen, or cheats like Trump. Most people can't convince themselves that being fired while food and clothing prices increase is a good thing. Most people can't convince themselves that the new car price increasing by thousands while their refund evaporates is a good thing. Most people can't convince themselves that their canceled SNAP payments in exchange for no Wall is a good thing. At some point, reality will tip past the point that these people will pretend things are okay.

That needs to happen by 2020.

Well, I do not have any issues with using a guillotine when it comes to executions. Is a quick death. But we are very selective when it comes to that subject of when we should use executions. So once again, I would not want to trade places with any other citizen in any another country.
    Just say the words: you are content with corruption.

So you are content with the corrupting influence of money in politics after citizens united?

10+ Year Old Account
    It can since they would get rid off Trump for the 2020 election.
    Because Pence has a worse chance to win? How?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So you are content with the corrupting influence of money in politics after citizens united?
    Of course. He has the same attitude as the rest of them: Corruption is totally okay so long as it benefits him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just say the words: you are content with corruption.
    No need. Not like the US is the only country which has corruption issues. None we can not handle and will survive as a nation anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I am content overall with the country and government we have in the US. Does not mean there is no room for improvement however. :P

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/30/186460...r-report-amash

Pretty good article pointing out how a good chunk of Republicans are functionally living in an echo chamber detached from reality. These folks legitimately thought that the Mueller report was all sunshine and roses for Trump and had no idea just how damning it was for him even if it didn't (couldn't) indict/charge him on anything.

Amash is currently the only Republican who is honestly discussing the contents of the Mueller report right now.