Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If Fox news is any indication Trump is dying to fire Mueller, let's hope he does the shit storm that would hit from that would be one for the ages.
    Unfortunately, it won't be.

This entire Clinton dossier bounce back effort this week has been a coordinated preemptive strike by right-wingers to convince his brain-dead cult members that firing Mueller is necessary. Oh, and pardoning whomever gets indicted tomorrow.

This all culminated in a Wall Street Journal editorial posting that Mueller must resign.

It's all the justification Republicans in Congress will need to say "very confusing, too soon to act, both sides... now back to tax cuts" after Trump causes a Constitutional crisis.

Mueller won't be able to save us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Not only that. Forcing Mueller out, would cement the obstruction of justice charge just like Nixon did and would guarantee that the Republicans have to start impeachment proceedings, otherwise they risk their seats.
    Unfortunately, those aren't the times we live in. The Republicans will give him cover, and this will go no where.
    Their behavior to this point shows that Republicans will ignore any wrongdoing as long as their base continues to back Trump, and the propaganda networks are taking care of that quite nicely.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Unfortunately, it won't be.

This entire Clinton dossier bounce back effort this week has been a coordinated preemptive strike by right-wingers to convince his brain-dead cult members that firing Mueller is necessary. Oh, and pardoning whomever gets indicted tomorrow.

This all culminated in a Wall Street Journal editorial posting that Mueller must resign.

It's all the justification Republicans in Congress will need to say "very confusing, too soon to act, both sides... now back to tax cuts" after Trump causes a Constitutional crisis.

Mueller won't be able to save us.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, those aren't the times we live in. The Republicans will give him cover, and this will go no where.
    Their behavior to this point shows that Republicans will ignore any wrongdoing as long as their base continues to back Trump, and the propaganda networks are taking care of that quite nicely.
    Like I said, if they protected him, they guarantee they are voted out and Democrats are installed.

And what do you expect from a right leaning opinion paper?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    I don't think "stopping the investigation" is the threshold for being an obstruction of justice. That's a really high bar to meet...

Trump has repeatedly gestured to bring the justice department into the fold. I attribute this more to his ignorance however.
    Show me a criminal instance of Trump obstructing justice and we can discuss it. I am unaware of the existence of any such action, however.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how well the White House and staff have been sleeping this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Show me a criminal instance of Trump obstructing justice and we can discuss it. I am unaware of the existence of any such action, however.
    Firing Comey.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Firing Comey.
    Given that ONLY the US president can fire the FBI director, how is that obstruction? Are you saying that people can't get fired, or else a law has been broken? Are you saying Jim Comey's employment needs trump (pun intended) the constitutional powers of the presidency?

Given that ONLY the US president can fire the FBI director, how is that obstruction? Are you saying that people can't get fired, or else a law has been broken? Are you saying Jim Comey's employment needs trump (pun intended) the constitutional powers of the presidency?
    If you fire FBI director because you dont like russia investigation that can potentially harm you, that is obstruction. And yes, he said it him self in an interview that he had "russia on his mind".

Doesn't matter what charges are filed against whom. The lawyers will keep them on lock down, they won't say anything, and they will get their pardon's by Trump as he leaves office at the end of his term, and they will get a share of dirty money for their silence.

Everyone on here saying they will squeal, and give up other's are silly. The first one who talk's, will end up dead of a heart attack in their prison cell. Thus the money will be the motivator to stay quite until the pardon rolls in 3 or 7 years.

Also, firing Comey isn't obstruction of justice. The head of the FBI serves at the Presidents leisure. The President asked for his resignation and received it.
    Last edited by Zandermill; 2017-10-29 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    I don't think "stopping the investigation" is the threshold for being an obstruction of justice. That's a really high bar to meet...

Trump has repeatedly gestured to bring the justice department into the fold. I attribute this more to his ignorance however.
    He failed at obstructing justice so he didn't obstruct justice!

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    If you fire FBI director because you dont like russia investigation that can potentially harm you, that is obstruction. And yes, he said it him self in an interview that he had "russia on his mind".
    But firing him did NOTHING to the investigation. It kept going, as EVERYONE knew it would. How is that obstruction? Also, for the record, Jim Comey ought to be more concerned about his freedom, than his employment. He is going to jail soon.

But firing him did NOTHING to the investigation. It kept going, as EVERYONE knew it would. How is that obstruction? Also, for the record, Jim Comey ought to be more concerned about his freedom, than his employment. He is going to jail soon.
    Did Alex Jones, Sean Hannity or some other nut job told you that? Maybe he will maybe he wont, i dont care either way, if he did something wrong, feel free to throw him in jail, also if Clintons or ANY other political clowns did anything wrong, throw them in jail and forget the key, however somehow i feel that Trump crime family will be there 1st.

Also its intent that matters, not actual result.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Did Alex Jones, Sean Hannity or some other nut job told you that? Maybe he will maybe he wont, i dont care either way, if he did something wrong, feel free to throw him in jail, also if Clintons or ANY other political clowns did anything wrong, throw them in jail and forget the key, however somehow i feel that Trump crime family will be there 1st.

Also its intent that matters, not actual result.
    Have you not seen the news?

Comey lied to congress about his decision to drop the charges on Hillary. It's been discovered that he wrote that famous speech he gave, before the FBI interviewed several key witnesses, including Hillary. He is likely going to jail for perjury, obstruction of justice, and corruption, or whatever they call it when you run a sham investigation.

Intent doesn't matter, in regards to Hillary's email deletions. It's factually not a component of the law that she broke, despite Comey's remarks, that have now obviously been discredited.

Lastly, no, I don't watch Hannity. Even someone as partisan as me can't stand watching that fool.

Given that ONLY the US president can fire the FBI director, how is that obstruction?
    Intent matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comey lied to congress about his decision to drop the charges on Hillary. It's been discovered that he wrote that famous speech he gave, before the FBI interviewed several key witnesses, including Hillary. He is likely going to jail for perjury, obstruction of justice, and corruption, or whatever they call it when you run a sham investigation.
    This isn’t true. He did not lie. The draft he wrote was not the same as what ever famous speech you think he gave.

Intent doesn't matter, in regards to Hillary's email deletions. It's factually not a component of the law that she broke, despite Comey's remarks, that have now obviously been discredited.
    This isn’t true... in fact, the letter Trump had Rosenstein write, states that Comey was fired for being too harsh on Hillary.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39866767

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Rosenstein
    Compounding the error, the Director ignored another longstanding principle: we do not hold press conferences to release derogatory information about the subject of a declined criminal investigation. Derogatory information sometimes is disclosed in the course of criminal investigations and prosecutions, but we never release it gratuitously. The Director laid out his version of the facts for the news media as if it were a closing argument, but without a trial. It is a textbook example of what federal prosecutors and agents are taught not to do.

In response to skeptical question at a congressional hearing, the Director defended his remarks by saying that his "goal was to say what is true. What did we do, what did we find, what do we think about it." But the goal of a federal criminal investigation is not to announce our thoughts at a press conference. The goal is to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to justify a federal criminal prosecution, then allow a federal prosecutor who exercises authority delegated by the Attorney General to make a prosecutorial decision, and then - if prosecution is warranted - let the judge and jury determine the facts. We sometimes release information about closed investigations in appropriate ways, but the FBI does not do it sua sponte.
    Concerning his letter to the Congress on October 28, 2016, the Director cast his decision as a choice between whether he would "speak" about the FBI's decision to investigate the newly-discovered email messages or "conceal" it. "Conceal" is a loaded term that misstates the issue. When federal agents and prosecutors quietly open a criminal investigation, we are not concealing anything; we are simply following the longstanding policy that we refrain from publicizing non-public information. In that context, silence is not concealment.
    Lastly, no, I don't watch Hannity. Even someone as partisan as me can't stand watching that fool.
    It would be a waste of time... you repeat everything he is saying, regardless of knowing he is the source or not.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you not seen the news?

Comey lied to congress about his decision to drop the charges on Hillary. It's been discovered that he wrote that famous speech he gave, before the FBI interviewed several key witnesses, including Hillary. He is likely going to jail for perjury, obstruction of justice, and corruption, or whatever they call it when you run a sham investigation
    No, I haven't seen the news. Where did you hear that?

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s obstruction of justice, because he went on national television and said the firing was to quit the Russian investigation. You can keep rambling about Hillary, but Trump him self contradicted both your and his own assetion.

Why would some who even doesn’t have an x in your signature, be worried about going to jail?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    He is conflating drafting a letter and the final letter. This is a man who uses email everyday, but never bothered to think why the draft folder is there.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Y’all really are so defensive about your trophy Skroe, it’s hilarious. I’m just calling it like I see it. And yes, it is pretty damn embarrassing to spend an hour or more typing up a treatise that actually says the same uninformed shit you can find anywhere on the internet. Especially when he’s often speaking to people he’s aware know better. The only people he’s fooling are literal idiots, which don’t seem to be in short supply around here.
    Someone's bitter that this isn't going exactly as they like lol....

Anyway my larger posts take at most, about 10-15 minutes to write.

I'm happy to do it. It's fun for me. And a lot of people here appreciate them. That you don't is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that's a nice opinion. Skroe says a lot of shit in such a definitive manner that he gets proved wrong on, what can I say? I don't.
    I'm rarely proved wrong, and when I am, I happily embrace it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being... well.. wrong. All that matters is the facts.

How is my record so good? I'm careful.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, clearly her original opinion (wrong-think) could have ONLY been from Fox News (and the like, but we'll just say Fox News and fellow libs will get it) and her current opinion (right-think) could have ONLY been from thoughtful and careful observation. I didn't ignore it at all, I just identified the bullshit. Too bad he isn't willing to lend the amount of credibility to his grandmother's political astuteness (without his heroic intervention) that I am.
    Nah you didn't. It's exactly as others said.

She was for Trump, and then she got fed up with his behavior. Now she's against Trump. It's legitimately as simple as that. Heaven forbid I tell a personal story about an individual of conviction (my grandmother) who has switched sides.

That's your side's problem Sulla. More and more Americans are coming to the same conclusion. That is why, as I've said since the beginning, I hope Donald Trump keeps tweeting and keeps being Donald Trump. He's Anti-Trump's most reliable accomplice.

You're losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s obstruction of justice, because he went on national television and said the firing was to quit the Russian investigation. You can keep rambling about Hillary, but Trump him self contradicted both your and his own assetion.

Why would some who even doesn’t have an x in your signature, be worried about going to jail?

- - - Updated - - -

He is conflating drafting a letter and the final letter. This is a man who uses email everyday, but never bothered to think why the draft folder is there.
    Comey gets a ? instead of an X because it remains to be seen if corrupt forces in Washington will indict him.

It's not obstruction of justice to carry out constitutional duties.
    When looked at in a vacuum, sure. When you factor in motive, it absolutely can be.

Obviously firing Comey didn't stop the investigation, and no intelligent person thought it would.
    Incompetence isn't exactly a defence. "Hey, I didn't actually manage to kill the guy after conspiring to" doesn't hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Comey has been found to be circulating draft versions of his famous Hillary speech, before even interviewing her, and other key witnesses. It came out via a FOIA request.

Do you legit not watch ANY news at all? This is a big story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This isn’t true. He did not lie. The draft he wrote was not the same as what ever famous speech you think he gave.

This isn’t true... in fact, the letter Trump had Rosenstein write, states that Comey was fired for being too harsh on Hillary.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39866767

It would be a waste of time... you repeat everything he is saying, regardless of knowing he is the source or not.
    Ok...so, in your mind, writing a letter that exonerates someone, before you question them, isn't a big deal, because he made spelling and grammar corrections to it? WHAT? The SUBSTANCE of the speech is pretty much right in line with what he said later to the public.

Your second point to me is so confused, I don't even know where to start unpacking your wrongness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Intent matters.
    No, it doesn't. The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president, and it's not, in any way, illegal for him to fire anyone, for any reason. It might be bad politics, but that doesn't make it illegal. L2 gubment yo