10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandermill View Post
    So far, nothing tha--
    You were banned for a reason, dude. Ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I think what you're describing is entirely possible because the Russia that existed in Donald Trump's head is a frozen in time one that is disconnected from reality, and he lacked in the intellectual curiosity to even quickly re-evaluate that.

Such a man would be open to all sorts of manipulation, by playing to his prejudices.
    ...and lets not forget it was Russia some time ago that was funding him durring the recession. Remember when Eric was quoted saying "We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.". So, yeah - right there is where the buttersauce started to get spread I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ah, I was looking at the current charges. The twelve of them that he plead "not guilty" to this afternoon.

Regardless, Manafort might have been trying to plan a few steps ahead, but that didn't seem to work out. The dude's sixty-eight and unhirable, having all his (illegal) money taken is going to hurt.
    You seem to be assuming that accounts they got listed is all Manafort had...

So surely they are vigorously targeting Papadopoulos' "Campaign Supervisor". That's the obvious direction to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    It does not appear that Papadopoulos reported directly to Trump. Nothing suggests that.
    He was part of the foreign advisors team, which had no head. Also, don't advisors to the XXX report to the XXX?

And failing that, it was still Lewandowski or Manafort. Bannon didn't take over till later.

So surely they are vigorously targeting Papadopoulos' "Campaign Supervisor". That's the obvious direction to go.
    As well as that person's supervisor, and that guy's... and so on, and so forth.

What did Trump know, and when did he know it?

I would love to see him testifying before Congress, or called as a witness to a trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. What's your point?
    He's going with the "the gun wasn't loaded, so it wasn't actually a mugging" defense. They tried it with the Kremlin lawyer they met in Trump Tower, no reason to stop now.

This sure is a delicious Kobe Nothingburger. Mmmmm.
    Two of those three people had a private lunch today : 3

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Two of those three people had a private lunch today : 3
    They swore they didn't talk about the indictment.

A pretty good bet. Working their way up the totem pole.

To paraphase a legal analyst on CNN this morning, for all the talk of "Manafort" and "Fynn" and "Page", it's probably goin to be the more obscure figures like Papadopoulos that, when all is said and done collapse the Trump Administration. Many of major names of Watergate now were not major names in the early 1970s. They were obscure nobodies who just worked for the Nixon team in one capacity or another. They became major names over the years because of the role they played in his removal from office, and as they were prosucuted, convicted, and then released and made a new career for themselves.

For all we know, Papadopoulos and the next three Papadopoulos' in this saga will be CNN Talking Heads for when the President of around 2045 is under federal investigation for corruption or something.

The little fish cumulative, form the connections between the big fish.

Yes. What's your point? And he continued the relationship anyway lol.

Sit down Russian, we're dealing with you people later.
    People fall for Nigerian Prince scams all the time too; that doesn't mean there is actually Nigerian Prince somewhere just waiting for good soul to help him get his money. Or provide Hillary's missing emails.

Trump telling his rally about 33k emails before it hit the news has always seemed suspicious. Smells fishier after today.

Unless there's something about that element of the story I've overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They swore they didn't talk about the indictment.
    Given the events of the day, it would be far more believable if they swore they didn't breathe oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He's going with the "the gun wasn't loaded, so it wasn't actually a mugging" defense. They tried it with the Kremlin lawyer they met in Trump Tower, no reason to stop now.
    One day someone will explain to me how Pro-Trump is so uniformly bad at their defense. I try and put myself in their shoes and I can't believe the terrible arguments they're making. Objectively speaking, their very defense and deflection strategy has been a stinker from the start.

Did our side get all the smart people or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, one guy already admitted to being guilty, and more are already falling. Manafort has a very long blood trail, and will not be able to escape the charges he has. He will die in prison if he doesn't have damn important information to offer in trade.
    Doubtful. Most likely his lawyer will hold off until it shows that Trump is going to be forced out of office, or get's re-elected, at that point he will pardon Manafort. Manafort is smart enough to know to keep quiet, plead the fifth, and ride this out.

I'm not sure if I should be ashamed or punch the air out of hilarity over this, but apparently CNN has run a piece that (and I'm NOT kidding):

CNN: How Fox News is covering the toughest day of the Trump presidency
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/30/medi...ort/index.html

If it was under any other circumstance - I'd disapprove of them doing this. But given the times we live in...TOTALLY appropriate! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    People fall for Nigerian Prince scams all the time too; that doesn't mean there is actually Nigerian Prince somewhere just waiting for good soul to help him get his money. Or provide Hillary's missing emails.
    No Russian. We're not doing this. And neither should anybody else. You don't get to engage in your little mischief today. As I said, first we're going for Trump, and then we're coming for you people.

Russia just bought a generation and a half of bipartisan, unremitting hostility from the American people.

PSA to the rest of the thread: reminder, that Shalcker, a Russian, has been MMO-OT's chief Putin apologist and Russian disinformation artist, going back to 2013. You do not want to talk to this dude. You are wasting your time if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm not sure if I should be ashamed or punch the air out of hilarity over this, but apparently CNN has run a piece that (and I'm NOT kidding):

CNN: How Fox News is covering the toughest day of the Trump presidency
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/30/medi...ort/index.html

If it was under any other circumstance - I'd disapprove of them doing this. But given the times we live in...TOTALLY appropriate! =D
    Fox news is nothing but propaganda at this point. Anyone who still takes them seriously is a lost cause.

Not that they haven't been propaganda for years. *thinks back on all the times they called Obama a communist*

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Trump telling his rally about 33k emails before it hit the news has always seemed suspicious. Smells fishier after today.

Unless there's something about that element of the story I've overlooked.
    Yeah. The Papadopoulos stuff makes clear now that Trump knew that the DNC had been hacked months before it was public knowledge, which means he could have only found out from a source connected to Russia.

Unless Trump has a time machine and went back in the past with "What Happened" to tell his younger self, Biff Tannen style, that is collusion.

In case anyone was wondering if these charges would shake one of his only remaining "bases" - Evangelicals.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/p...investigation/

Pat Robertson: Trump Should Issue A Blanket Pardon And Shut Down Mueller Investigation
    Nope.