Thread: Vrykul RP

Vrykul RP

Lately on MG I've been seeing a few vrykul roleplayers. Most of them humans or worgens with 'vrykul' or 'afflicted vrykul' as their race in their TRP3/MRP addon.

I'm not one to necessarily judge roleplayers based off their race, after all I roleplayed a furbolg and a half-elf. But I think it's strange to visualize a vrykul casually strolling through Stormwind.

I'm not going to say it's not odd, but what reasons did you have in mind that would make it strange specifically?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    I'm not going to say it's not odd, but what reasons did you have in mind that would make it strange specifically?

Vrykul hate Humans? No reason Vrykul would ever be in Stormwind...

Bad RP'ers are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post

Bad RP'ers are bad.
    Does that include the faction we befriend/save in Suramar?

Edit-

I guess arguably the thousands of people in SW wouldn't be able to know the difference, and that kind of thing wouldn't undo decades of history, but I think it's all in how it's RPed. If these kinds of conflicts are problematized in their regular RP and D20s and events, I don't see an issue.

It would still be odd, of course. But I would guess that's what they'd be going for anyway. How many people want to be Human Warrior #2316875?
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2017-10-29 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post

Bad RP'ers are bad.
    Yeah vrykul have a strong hatred of humans, especially those from Northrend. That doesn't mean some individuals wouldn't slowly accept humans after the defeat of the Lich King and Odyn's acceptance of human warriors, but good roleplayers include that into their character's backstory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think it's even sillier than the people who play dragons, at least dragons can take a humanoid form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Not really. The Vrykul in the Broken Isles and loyal to Odyn have no ill-will towards humans at all. They fight along side everyone else at the Broken Shore and all the way out into Argus aboard the Vindicaar. The ones in Northrend were a different group from the ones in the Broken Isles, separated for thousands of years.
    But why would they be in Stormwind? There is no logical reason other than people wanting to be a special snowflake...and how many Worgen cursed Vrykul are there? I know I've never even seen one in game.