Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    This was my first response to you when you called the game ultra-political.
    Didn't notice that was you.
    Check your second reply then. And again - stop derailing.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Didn't notice that was you.
    Check your second reply then. And again - stop derailing.
    Are you a mod? I dont think you are. Isn't that bannable to try and pose as a moderator?

Deleted
    Maybe the writers are massive SJWs, I don't really get too hung up on the political values people throw into their games, would never have given it a second thought. Worst case scenario, I might like the character less, which is fine.

I don't know enough about (nor do I care to) the political ideas of the developers behind this game, but from where I'm sitting the marketing of the new Wolfenstein just looked like massive trolling. And it worked, because this game is being talked about damn near everywhere. It will be interesting to see if New Colossus sells better than the last few Wolfenstein games.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Maybe the writers are massive SJWs, I don't really get too hung up on the political values people throw into their games, would never have given it a second thought. Worst case scenario, I might like the character less, which is fine.
    I don't think that SJW writers would have allowed the games two nude scenes.

But I could be wrong on this.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-10-30 at 11:13 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Deleted
    Well, seeing how the story plays out he might regret saying that.

they do put his head on one of their bodies later on in the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well having white person call someone white as an insult is really weird tho.

To be fair, it was fairly obvious that they would use this game to display some political messages the moment they showed the hydrogen-peroxide blonde dev twat, his buddies and their cringe-worthy statements in the promotional material. As someone who knows some of the american Zeitgeist and it's internal struggles but is not really affected by it I immediately knew what was up when they showed the black chick breast feeding (super triggering to some americans, lol), all the black glorification (only the black chicks are the super hackers, well and the body-issue white turn-coat), some of the newspapers (especially the one about the farmers electing an idiot in the future), the hamfisted backstory for BJ, etc.

So far that doesn't really bother me, though I can see how they deliberately tried to stirr up some shit here. What does concern me though is that over trying to cram in as much of their narrative as possible they might have forgotten to actually do some decent stuff in other parts of the game. I'm more concerned with some awful lip-sync and voice acting in the version they fiorced upon us germans as well as the jumpy narrative (the scene transitions often feel weird as if someone forgot to put the rest there) and these really "jumping the shark" kind of moments when it comes to BJs "character development", there is a turning point that was just WTF to me after they had a very strong crumbling of the hero's persona going on in the first part.

So far I also think the guns are kinda boring and not enough imho. If the weapon wheel is any indication I've got them all by now and even with upgrades these aren't really amounting to much. That instead of giving you unique 3 heavy weapons you can every now and then grab 3 types of temporaray heavy weapons does not compensate for the fact that all 3 of these are just beefed up versions of the other guns and hence really nothing new. The combat mode upgrades are, due to being introduced one by one kind of useless compared to one another because they still need to make a way for the other path, so you end up with one extra piece of armor or a health kit tops. Most of them were quite literally a smale place to slink through, a door to break through right next to it, and a ledge above those two for the stilts, the passive combat bonuses you get by them are sadly not displayed when you have to choose them. The scope upgrades are a fucking joke and utterly useless as the scope offers zero amplification besides squinting your eyes a bit maybe. At best you get one upgrade that changes the style of the weapon slightly, while most others are just boring additional ammo capacity or the aforementioned scopes and recoil compensations. Give me my tesla gun back pls. :/

Until the story turning point I mentioned earlier I was quit happy with it, but by now the cracks start to appear and I wonder if I will enjoy the second half as much tbh.

Edit: Also fucking hell, what idiot programmer managed to turn every crash message into : Couldn't write crash dump, literally void-ing every info about the crash, giving you no idea what the crash was caused by. If you can't even programm the log dumping right, just let the system crash message from the OS through, that at least tells a little bit compared to your for all intends and purposes blank message box.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-10-30 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its Been SJW propaganda since the original games. Killing Nazis, pfft liberal fantasy if I have ever saw one.

Perhaps people actually bothered by this can use a lil GUTTENTAG!

While I haven't played the game myself, and have no intention to do so I have seen some gameplay, and from what I have seen it did give me the impression that it had something to say and it was trying to ruffle some feathers. For me personally, I just can't take a game like that seriously. I am not quite sure why that is, but I wager that it has a lot to do with the gameplay not being very "realistic" or that any form of mechanics (collect-a-thon, regenerating health, gaminess) just kind of go against the spirit of that form discourse.

10+ Year Old Account

I love the ones that say this game is a murder simulator. I mean what kind of gamers adopt the language of those who want to censor video games?

Deleted
    As someone who finished the game, this thread makes no sense. Everything in context makes sense.

While it is your right to be offended I don't think it's valid. I'm not very invested in the "SJW"/"Nazi" paranoia though, so I might have a more outside-look of the situation.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I have more of an issue with main characters slowly turning into nominal heroes, sure, they are killing Nazis, but they enjoy themselves a little bit too much.

I mean, Anya was a bit psycho in her diary, but near the end of the game she fucking rips off her jacket so she can enjoy blood and guts raining on her. While pregnant no less.

Hope devs are doing this on purpose, "he who fights monsters" and all that shit.

We don't need another thread about this.

That does seem to be quite the unnecessary remark to make. The person who came up with it might have deeper issues than they are letting out.

The amount of triggering this game has made for these people really escapes me...also, it's amazing that the SJWs in this case are the people who usually harp on them.

I'm white and I don't really give a shit that he said that, nor do I see the problem. Nazis were white yes?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I'm white and I don't really give a shit that he said that, nor do I see the problem. Nazis were white yes?
    Its kinda dumb when you insult yourself while insulting someone else, but BJ was never the brightest bulb.

Deleted
    Put your damn fingers off the trigger, what the hell is wrong with people these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just awkward thing to say and well yes Nazis in the game are white. Yeah I'm not gonna feel hated cause well fuck the nazi assholes taking over America(In the game's narrative before anyone gets anal).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi