Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Conscription is a thing in alot of countries, dont act all agahst like its some uncomprehendable thing.
    And in the only war fought between two largely equally equipped nations where one was operating a conscript army and the other a volunteer professional one, the conscript army got horribly roflstomped. (The Falklands War.)

So the value of conscription is highly debatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Even in Starship Troopers service is encouraged, but it is voluntary. That's kinda the whole point, and short of participation in politics people have the same rights, nor does that society seem to give two fucks about things like gender, sexual orientation, "weirdness", so the whole idea of meeting some abstract definition of "manhood" would be laughable to them.
    ...you do know that starship troopers (the movie at least) was a complete satire of authoritarian/military-run governments, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I am 28. I work on my own car and motorcycles. I build stuff and fix my own stuff. I don't agree with mandating everyone being in the army. But i do think the current state of men is sad. I think the high suicide rate of men points to a big issue in society that no one wants to address.

Deleted

Funny how these keyboard-wielding basement-dwellers are raging out like they're time-travelling Spartans passing judgement on our society.
    Mother pus bucket!

Society is thw same as it has ever been. We just have new toys and the equivalent of every past issue.

Basing policy on faux nostalgia is bull.

If anything there are dangers of back tracking in the worst possible way with the erosion of employee and civil rights, environmental protections, demonization of scientific research, superstition over medical developments and advancement (new and long standing) and whathaveyou. Allpartially involving faux nostalgia justifications amongst other forms of twisted "reasoning".

These always existed but history paints a very dark picture of the consequences each time they gained a voice.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-10-31 at 08:45 AM.

Great, more taxes, more thugs (if they're colored), more unqualified individuals given positions for their service, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

It is time to make the next generation real men.
    First step to being a "real man". Don't make a thread about being a "real man" on a website devoted to a fucking video game.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Let's be real here. the general population is becoming softer and weaker by the year. This is not their fault but the way the world works right now. Times are changing. This is not for the better. we are getting a weaker generation each new generation.

It is time for real punishment and return of the army trainings in each country.
    18+ teens should be atleast a year in the army to learn discipline and fighting skills.
    Criminals should have no rights at all. Should do what ever they are told or else be ended.
    Police should have the rights to look at the things they want if someone is suspected to do something criminal/illegal. (there is way to much privacy in this world)

People are becoming more weirder and weirder. And this has to change.

I like your whole "authoritarian dictatorship" but it's toootally been done before. Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

you have too much freedom with no accountability
    you have 24 hours in your day, how much of that did you give to your Country?
    your jawbones are strong, cavemen, and so your backbones need some development...

10+ Year Old Account
    Being immature at age of 20-30 still. Have no idea how to fight and have no respect for most folk.
    under 30 have always been immature and the military wont change that, they arent reallly fully adults yet, I think alcohol sets maturity back about 9 years. New information is always coming out but generational personalities are circular, eventually we will have a bunch of people who are poor and their children wont like how they where raised so they will work hard and make sure they can provide for their families.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just check countries where people have to go in army after 18. No big difference. Although i agree in some points with op. Males should be more masculine, things that are now are not the best they could be.

Id say lets bring back Agoge.

Deleted
    Yeah, OP is all kinds of crazy.

Deleted
    If you want another generation of "tough men" with PTSD, you just have to start WW3.

Good luck.

Being brainwashed is now the same as being a man?

Firstly, if you want army to be a thing again for discipline purposes, it must be obligatory for women, too. Otherwise it breaks the stated purpose.

Secondly, if you believe that the army teaches discipline, that waking up to stand like a cold turd is discipline, you really haven't had any form of deadline work. When you have to make a project by a specific date and it must have specific features and setup, the only way to make it work is be disciplined, work in a schedule and with a plan.

So my solution would be not the army, but some kind of obligatory project making, where you are taught things you will actually use in your life, unlike the army.

When the police has the right to do anything they think they have to do, then you will have abuse of that power, which we already have but if they have the right to do anything they will do everything in the end. Yes, most cops will use their power properly, but they will be some who abuse it to the max, like they anyway do now.

About the man masculinity, people are what they need to be. When you never have to lift anything, there is no need to try to be the one who lifts. Yes, it is nice and looks attractive to be masculine, but there is no need for it. And masculinity doesn't equal to talking like a proper person. That is a whole different kind of skill, which is trained differently, by talking to crowds (even small ones) mostly.
    Last edited by gushDH; 2017-10-31 at 10:43 AM.

Nationalism is a disease that, unfortunately, is coming back too soon. Why would I fight for my country? I did not choose where I was born. The same can be said to billions of other people around the world.

I'd rather fight for my family, my friends, or an alien invasion to defend our planet.

Deleted
    Some moronic insecure rambling.
    If you equate fighting and being all tough with being a real man, you're not a real man, you're just an insecure brat.

I've seen how all these "real men" act, like they're entitled to everything and throw a fit when something doesn't go their way. I've seen children act more mature than those with the so called military discipline.

All those men who served in an army abusing their families and venting their frustration at others, that really makes them real men right?
    They think they're manly, when in reality they are the most immature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Just check countries where people have to go in army after 18. No big difference. Although i agree in some points with op. Males should be more masculine, things that are now are not the best they could be.
    The only two from my immediate thoughts are Switzerland and Israel. Did you have more for that list?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.