Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Again what do you want to change?
    Intolerance in all its forms is deeply un-American.

Yes, yes, I get that the U.S. started off burdened by the advent of slavery. Yes, I understand that women did not always have the vote either. But times change and with them, the way we think of ourselves and each other. At the heart of the American experiment in individual liberty is the notion that all persons should be equal under the law and to other members of society. Real blood has been shed to get us that far.

So yes, this is the paradox of being intolerant of intolerance. And religion is again and again linked to intolerance - and on all sides of the equation. It's too stupid for words. That shit has to stop. People are shockingly willing to do the craziest stuff because they think a reward in paradise awaits them for their misdeeds. Funny thing is: the person with that crazy idea in their head could be Christian, a Jew, or even a Muslim. All of them crazy as fuck.

[B]
    This guy came into the country in 2010, we already have extreme vetting his country was not on the Muslim ban list. Again what do you want to change?
    Unfortunately there probably isn't a lot that can be done in the grand scheme of things. However, while it is a hard concept for some people to accept profiling should be used to the fullest to hopefully allow us to identify people like the Vegas shooter and this guy in NYC before they do something like this. People will still slip through, but we should hopefully have our eyes on potential threats before they snap. I would also like to see a focus on assimilating people coming into the country instead of letting them self segregate. We really need to work towards a common language and culture while still respecting the many cultures we have come from.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does everyone feel about an NICS background check in order to rent or purchase a vehicle over, say, 7,000 GVW? How about disallowing individuals on the terrorist watch list the ability to purchase or rent vehicles or trucks?
    Eat yo vegetables

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    White guy kills 58 people and injures hundreds

- We should not be hasty, we have to respect the constitution and 2nd amendment. Let's send our thoughts and prayers to the victims now is not the time to talk about guns and taking people's rights away.

Brown guy kills 8 and injures 15

- Screw the constitution let's ban all Muslim scums first amendment be dammed, no amount of condolences is going to make the victims or families feel bettter.

And you wonder why we don't take people on the right seriously, you could at least try to be consistent.
    A US citizen has certain Constitutional rights and this scum will also have his rights which will be honored, as they should be.

You are trying to mix apples and oranges. And your last statement is basically bullshit. The victims deserve condolences and prayers and I never said they should not get those. My point was, prayers alone with no other action does very little to actually help the victims.

And in other posts on the subject of the shooter in Las Vegas, I did not stop with just prayers and condolences for the victims, I also said that Bump Stocks should not be legal and the hotel needed better security. But you somehow forget that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Unfortunately there probably isn't a lot that can be done in the grand scheme of things. However, while it is a hard concept for some people to accept profiling should be used to the fullest to hopefully allow us to identify people like the Vegas shooter and this guy in NYC before they do something like this. People will still slip through, but we should hopefully have our eyes on potential threats before they snap. I would also like to see a focus on assimilating people coming into the country instead of letting them self segregate. We really need to work towards a common language and culture while still respecting the many cultures we have come from.
    American culture is an amalgamation of many cultures even assimilates with younger generations and they become part of who we are. As for profiling there is no way to profile white male the only people profiling hurts are people of color and it's mostly ineffective when it comes to preventing tragedies as you make the community not willing to come forward with information.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    *Hundreds of people are shot in Vegas*

Conservatives: Guys, it's too early to talk about gun control. We need to wait. Respect the families.

*Less than 24 hours after New York truck attack*

Conservatives: DIVERSITY VISA? We need new laws and legislation now!

By the way. Even though this attack just happened. I'm ready to discuss policies that could have the potential to thwart attacks like this. I think it's the perfect time to have that discussion.
    People get run over by a white guy:

This is unacceptable! We need to let these murderers know they have no place here!

People get run over by a middle eastern guy:

Now hold on. We can't overreact to this.

And what's that death toll? That jackass in Charlottesville only killed one, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    How does everyone feel about an NICS background check in order to rent or purchase a vehicle over, say, 7,000 GVW? How about disallowing individuals on the terrorist watch list the ability to purchase or rent vehicles or trucks?
    For one. I do not think he had a valid driver's license. He did have a outstanding warrant for failing to pay a traffic fine violation. So it seems someone at Home Depot rented him the truck without him showing his license? Or maybe it was rented by someone else.? These are some questions which need to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A US citizen has certain Constitutional rights and this scum will also have his rights which will be honored, as they should be.

You are trying to mix apples and oranges. And your last statement is basically bullshit. The victims deserve condolences and prayers and I never said they should not get those. My point was, prayers alone with no other action does very little to actually help the victims.

And in other posts on the subject of the shooter in Las Vegas, I did not stop with just prayers and condolences for the victims, I also said that Bump Stocks should not be legal and the hotel needed better security. But you somehow forget that. :P
    You wanted a measured and thoughtful response which while I disagreed with it was logical now you want a scorched earth approach. It is not apples and oranges, it's something that affects me versus people I don't give to two shits about.

Didnt stop the swedish terrorist pussy, he simply stole a truck. A guy who should have been deported long back and should not even be in the country, gotta love politics.

It's a good step though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-11-01 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Another day, another notch in the belt for the "religion of peace."
    Stated ironically or cluelessly?

How many murders are attributed each year to the Hindu, Jain, Buddhist, or Shinto faiths? I happen not to believe in any of those just as I don't believe in any particular religion. But it is worth pointing out that some religions are pointedly intolerant in their teachings whereas others have nothing to do with such small-minded nonsense. Or perhaps I am misinformed, certainly I am willing to learn the faults of these other faith systems also.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2017-11-01 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Feigned ignorance is really not cute.

Just saying.
    It is not when it is the truth. Just saying.

I wouldn't be a fan of the idea, but I would be more tolerant of it than what you are alluding to given that renting a truck isn't a constitutionally protected right.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wanted a measured and thoughtful response which while I disagreed with it was logical now you want a scorched earth approach. It is not apples and oranges, it's something that affects me versus people I don't give to two shits about.
    But you did resort to a blanket description of those you politically disagree with.

It is not when it is the truth. Just saying.
    A smiley emoji doesn't form an argument.

How, specifically, would immigration reform have prevented this incident?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

*Hundreds of people are shot in Vegas*

Conservatives: Guys, it's too early to talk about gun control. We need to wait. Respect the families.

*Less than 24 hours after New York truck attack*

Conservatives: DIVERSITY VISA? We need new laws and legislation now!

By the way. Even though this attack just happened. I'm ready to discuss policies that could have the potential to thwart attacks like this. I think it's the perfect time to have that discussion.
    He ran over people and the Paris attack killed more people with a truck than the Las Vegas shooter did with a gun and by a large margin, 50%ish, clearly we need to ban cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither did your post.

But you did resort to a blanket description of those you politically disagree with.
    That is the right's stance if you don't believe it turn on Fox news, the same people who wanted to do nothing now want to do anything and everything because it's a terrorist.

10+ Year Old Account

How, specifically, would immigration reform have prevented this incident?
    A smile can mean, you are disagreeing, but staying civil with no bad feelings..

For one, the program he came here under should not even be in existence. Not saying we should stop all immigration however.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Neither did your post.
    See my sig. When I get like this, I ask questions. How would immigration reform have prevented this incident?

- - - Updated - - -

A smile can mean, you are disagreeing, but staying civil with no bad feelings..

For one, the program he came here under should not even be in existence. Not saying we should stop all immigration however.
    And it would have prevented him being here because?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Another visit from the truck of peace.

That is the right's stance if you don't believe it turn on Fox news, the same people who wanted to do nothing now want to do anything and everything because it's a terrorist.
    Reading various news sites and their forums/FB most people agree that VISA program should not exist.