Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    They handle them differently, but not necessarily better. Guys typically don't respond to "offensive" things outside of certain circumstances. I mean, if you tell a guy he's fat, he'll probably laugh and agree. But heaven forbid you tell a woman she's fat.
    You can test that
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why are jokes about male rape considered acceptable? By jokes I mean mostly in TV/Film, I will try and provide examples. In many movies and TV you may get a scene in a prison where you're presented with one character in prison with another (usually an agressive looking prisoner) giving him the eye and implying impending rape as the gag. Sometimes the gag is the implication that said character was raped and embarrassed about it. Then occasionally you will have scenes were a man will have something forced into his anus for comedic purposes
    because a man getting raped in no way adversely effects the feminazi movement.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

It's certainly not funny.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because we are okay with male suffering as a culture, or at least indifferent towards it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Joke anout anything i dont care, worst case scenario its not funny big whoop

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    because a man getting raped in no way adversely effects the feminazi movement.
    Oh look, is it time for feminazi to return because I'm sure we have a lot of people just ready to jump at defending feminists from being called a nazi?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Never noticed it in TV/Film I watch either.
    This list is no where near comprehensive - but is a good start.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...peFemaleOnMale

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    This list is no where near comprehensive - but is a good start.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...peFemaleOnMale
    This shit is bullshit flat out. Society need to stop perpetuating this stereotype that "men really enjoy it" the moment something like this really happens. It is absolutely insane that people find men getting raped an okay thing because of this "nice!" type of meme that is out there. >.>

I mean, on this forum you see the mentality arise from time to time when ever some story comes up. "I wish that would happen to me" type comments plague those threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I mean its just a joke, come on dont get so offended /s

Yes, jokes about males being attacked, murdered, brutalized, and so on are more socially acceptable than against women for various reasons, but rape is this weird topic that the jokes really only stick to prison situations these days. Then again, the people that made that joke got a shit ton of outrage, so I wouldn't say it is completely acceptable.

If you want to actually fix something like this bullshit, it will take more than bitching on the internet and complaining about feminism/women, which is the main problem with MRAs. Take a page from feminism and actually campaign to change the culture.
    I'm not outraged about anything, just pointing out the hypocrisy in the thread lol. I usually don't comment on these threads but hypocrites irritate me. Also, please don't call me an MRA or even a feminist. I don't involve myself in any of that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Just no. You perceive that men should have thicker skins, and that they should act so, but this ends up being highly destructive and leads to further damage even for the smallest psychological issue.
    It's not an opinion. Read my other posts.

Rape isn't funny for either sex.

:-(

But often the character is innocent besides nobody deserves rape
    Oh..sorry. That was a comment on how lots of people treat prisoners as "not people", which makes rape jokes and torture and other against basic human rights stuff okay to use against them. The whole "good people dont go to prison" argument.

Of course nobody, prisoner or not, man or women, deserves to be raped and rape is never funny.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Someone has probably already stated it, but my theory is that it's all in our culture, and how views on genders have developed over the past few decades. With the authority of men declining in favour of equality, women become a far more sensitive subject as the lack of gender equality that we're just about getting rid of is still fresh in our minds. In a world where men rule, raping a woman may be more acceptable- in a world where it's less acceptable, and a time when it was is fresh in our minds, the stigma towards it intensifies greatly- whereas this doesn't happen with men. If anything, the idea of men being raped becomes less horrible because now our focus is on the more vulnearable gender in that regard, which piles up on top of the expectance that men simply don't get sexually abused. I may or may not have worded that horribly, but I hope I got my point across.

P.S. A semi-relevant historical tidbit, in ancient rome, Officers I think it was, were expected to have young male sex-slaves.
    Last edited by The5thVegetable; 2017-10-31 at 10:13 PM.

Because feminism and SJWs don't care about white straight males.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Well that's incredibly sexist.

I don't see this thread going very far before it's locked.
    You just proved our/his point lol. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I mean its just a joke, come on dont get so offended /s

Yes, jokes about males being attacked, murdered, brutalized, and so on are more socially acceptable than against women for various reasons, but rape is this weird topic that the jokes really only stick to prison situations these days. Then again, the people that made that joke got a shit ton of outrage, so I wouldn't say it is completely acceptable.

If you want to actually fix something like this bullshit, it will take more than bitching on the internet and complaining about feminism/women, which is the main problem with MRAs. Take a page from feminism and actually campaign to change the culture.
    Literally impossible. Feminism will strike down any attempts at equality in fields where men are at a disadvantage and they have more mainstream appeal and pull.

I mean just look at how many people instantly discard MRAs or Red Pillers are sexists when they raise valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why are jokes about male rape considered acceptable? By jokes I mean mostly in TV/Film, I will try and provide examples. In many movies and TV you may get a scene in a prison where you're presented with one character in prison with another (usually an agressive looking prisoner) giving him the eye and implying impending rape as the gag. Sometimes the gag is the implication that said character was raped and embarrassed about it. Then occasionally you will have scenes were a man will have something forced into his anus for comedic purposes
    I've laughed at jokes regarding rape as the topic, both male and female. I think it's fine until you start trying to say one aspect of a topic can't be joked about because gender/race ect.

Rape is obviously a disgusting crime but I can laugh at a Michael Barrymore pool party joke just as each as a Mosely Nazi-fetishist joke or a Joseph Fritzel joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I think it’s funny is when it happens to someone I hate.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because a lot of men don’t take rape against them seriously, which is unfortunate. They think it will be with some hot woman, so they don’t care. They also don’t really worry about it all that much. They don’t walk around (especially at night) thinking there’s a real possibility of being raped - not like women do.

It’s easier to joke about it cause of that.
    I am well aware of man-on-man rape, doesn't mean you can't joke about it.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because double standards, that's why. Kind of like when people attacked Barbie dolls for making girls insecure about their looks but they don't say shit about He-Man.
    Hammer, I would like to introduce you to the head of the nail!

For the same reason more men get prostate cancer than women get breast cancer. Yet there is a breast cancer month, and breast cancer this and breast cancer that.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-10-31 at 10:26 PM.