Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How important is equality to you?

How many measures need to be implemented for equality? Do you think your country have enough laws for equality?

If I could choose between 1$ or worldwide equality, I'd choose the dollar.

Equality to me is mostly about my career. Am I treated equally at work? Do I have the same chance for promotion as anyone else?

Equality before the law is important too, as is one vote for each citizen.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Equality to me is mostly about my career. Am I treated equally at work? Do I have the same chance for promotion as anyone else?
    This, although I might use the term "equity" instead of equality. Are you treated fairly and impartially? That's the question.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Equality is all of Azeroth belonging to the Horde. LOK'TAR OGAR!

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Equality is all of Azeroth belonging to the Horde. LOK'TAR OGAR!
    Doesn't that mean that the Alliance would be stronger since it would take all of Azeroth belonging to the horde for the two factions to be equal?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Doesn't that mean that the Alliance would be stronger since it would take all of Azeroth belonging to the horde for the two factions to be equal?
    No, the Alliance would be gone. Then the equality question is which of the Horde factions win.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    No, the Alliance would be gone. Then the equality question is which of the Horde factions win.
    Not if they hung out on Argus. That's out of Azeroth.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has been legally equal in my Country for Decades. So idiots crying about it in 2017 are pretty unimportant to me.

Equality =/= equity.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Not if they hung out on Argus. That's out of Azeroth.
    Exiled. Bwahahaha. You know I'm leading the Blood Elf supremacy. Not even the Orcs will be equal.

... but really, this is gen-OT. All people in real life should be given the same opportunities, and that isn't a reality at the moment.

The Alliance would have the most equality ever. They would be equal in death.

The Alliance would have the most equality ever. They would be equal in death.
    The Forsaken would feel superior in death, I'm sure.

The Forsaken would feel superior in death, I'm sure.
    But the Horde is intrinsically superior so that doesn't count. The Alliance would be equal with themselves. Can't compare terms with different exponents. Only like terms my friend.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-11-07 at 07:55 PM.

But the Horde is intrinsically superior so that doesn't count. The Alliance would be equal with themselves. Can't compare terms with different exponents. Only like terms my friend.
    I'm trained in science and math. I'd never considered the boundary condition that (Everyone-is-dead = Everyone-is-equal) ... mind blown.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taking the idea of equality to an absolute level is a plague that sickened western nations. We are not equal, and thats what makes mankind awesome. We have different ambitions, needs, preferences, skills, personalities, traits... Thers no individual in this world thats equal to another. Trying to enforce equality everywhere through government makes you no different from eugenists of the past, from a moral standpoint.

The idea of equality should limit only to equal rights and equal treatment from the government and thats all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, although I might use the term "equity" instead of equality. Are you treated fairly and impartially? That's the question.
    "Equity" is the better term. "Equality" is when you give a millionaire and a homeless man $5 each. "Equity" is when you give the homeless guy the full $10, because his need is greater.

Deleted
    I am in favour of providing people the same basics in life but everything beyond that is up to the individual.

It's just another term that has been hijacked by the lazy and unmotivated people in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Equity" is the better term. "Equality" is when you give a millionaire and a homeless man $5 each. "Equity" is when you give the homeless guy the full $10, because his need is greater.
    "Equity" is when you give the homeless guy a place to live, sleep, and shower, so that he might satisfy his hierarchy of needs. No argument with you, just extending the principle.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Equity" is when you give the homeless guy a place to live, sleep, and shower, so that he might satisfy his hierarchy of needs. No argument with you, just extending the principle.
    Yeah, the $10 thing was just a silly example to demonstrate the difference between the two. An equitable society is one in which everyone's basic needs are taken care of to a reasonable comfort level and where everyone shares equal opportunities to advance themselves and succeed. That'll mean people born with fewer advantages (say, a blind person born to a poor single mom) would get some assistance, while the hale and hearty heir to a millionaire wouldn't get any assistance, since they don't need it.

Equality is an ideal much like justice. Nice to strive for, impossible to completely accomplish.

People aren't equal in any case. Some have advantages that others do not, and to ignore that is regressive.