Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    cleaning out the neighbors dog runs and fountain after she broke her arm in a bike accident. 75$ a week for around 2-3 hours total of work.

Worst(and at the same time, best because nothing phases me anymore.) was my last job in a warehouse where my job was basically "whatever the boss says to do" this included painting for a week-long heatwave, going through phone books for several states and marking down, researching, and sending mailers to anyone who could potentially make use of our products, managing the inventory systems, and boxing up long/tedious orders that the other people didn't want to do.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What was the first job you ever had?
    I was a baseball umpire at 14. I made $25/game and did double headers twice a week in the summer. Making $100/week as a 14 year old in the 90s was pretty damn good!

Also what is the worst job you ever had?
    The worst job I had was working in the build center at 3M. My job was to put CDs into computer and click install 40 hrs a week. I made $12/hr and it was ridiculously boring.

My first job was as an assistant of a small stand that sold pirated stuff and computer parts. I basically did whatever they told me to do, which mostly consisted of putting stuff in order, bills, repairing orders, new parts that arrived, etc. It was my first job and I was like 16 I think so the pay was 150$ a month, not much but I didn't really complained because it was really fun and I ended up learning one or two things about the business.

Edit: Didn't read the worst job one:

Worst job: Research assistant. I basically did it for free and the professor had me do all the incredibly menial and boring stuff; like data entry and classifying the sources.
    Last edited by Mittens; 2017-11-01 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I detassled corn when I was 14 and 15. It sucked and they paid I think $4.25 an hour because farmers can pay under minimum wage for seasonal workers. They also don't pay for travel time which was 3+ hours a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    McDonalds.

Well, technically, working at my parent's Seven Mile Fair "store" as a teen, though pay was fairly spotty and was usually in the form of corndogs. My first official, I signed-paperwork-and-paid-income-tax was McDonalds. After that I picked up work with CPS for software development (reports in Access) and built a career over the last now 18 years.

My first job was a voluntary position running a community internet access center in my small town.

Got fired for hosting quake and UT LAN parties. I would lock the doors and shut off the lights pretending it’s closed.

Not gonna lie, it was great and I regret nothing.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

First job: Waitress at a small mexican restaurant, the best part was the owners taught me a bunch of recipes and I can cook really good mexican food now.

Worst job: Hot topic (for those who dont know what hot topic is it was a goth clothing store, now its some hipster idk what) the management was opening a new store and they over hired and I only got 8 hours a week and that didnt pay for rent in San Francisco.

Grocery store, $3.80 / hour IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    First job: When I was 14 I worked in a video store stocking returned videos/video games and writing up fees for people who didn't understand what "Be Kind Rewind" meant. It was pretty cool they paid me $40/day in cash (I worked 4-5 hours a night) and I was allowed free rentals. Not a bad gig since the place had a very large library of NES/SNES games.

Favorite Job: Electronics Manager at a box store. Got promoted to department manager after cleaning up an unused stockroom and turning it into a break room complete with card table and SEGA Genesis (these were floor models that were never discarded). It was my first full time job and at 16 was pretty amazing if not exhausting at times. School 7am-3pm then work 4pm-12:30a Tuesday through Saturday.

Least Favorite Job: Home Depot. Going from a $45+/hour trade job to a $9/hour retail job while being told it's your fault the economy tanked and if you just worked harder you'd be in a better spot in life sucks all kinds of balls.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tour guide for a cave and then hotel clerk/maid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

My first job was at a pet store, I made 1400 euro a month after taxes, I was 19.

My worst job was as a "kennel sitter". I was hired in to watch over an entire stable of dogs for a breeder of Norfolk Terriers as the owners were going away on vacation for 2 weeks. The pay was OK, I'd be getting 800 euro (I was 17). The issue was that the owners brother, a 55-year old man, would come over every.fucking.day to hit on me, and I didn't dare tell him to fuck off since I was afraid to not get paid. One evening he came around and was drunk, at which point I called my dad and spoke VERY loudly, saying "alright dad!" as often as possible. Was scary as shit.

Taking care of 15 yapping terriers of varied age was more or less a 24-hour endeavour, especially since I couldn't bear to treat them like their owner did. She kept them in crates, rotating them in groups all day long, not giving them any obedience training. On the final day, the sow of a breeder still wanted to deduct 50 euro from my pay "because of the mess I had created"... The "mess" was 3 garbage bags worth of shit (literally) and debree that I'd cleaned out of the dog crates and kennel areas, using large amounts of buckets, washing soap etc. I nearly snapped, but calmly told her that I was hired to look after her dogs, which I had done by cleaning their areas and washing them and trimming nails and exercising them. Her husband was a far more reasonable human being, and he told his wife to cut the crap and pay me for my impeccable service.

It was my first and last job as a kennel sitter.

My first job was as a Warehouse Clerk for a cosmetics company. I basically just obtained the products from the warehouse and prepared them for shipping. My brother is the Warehouse manager there, and the work was easy, so overall a pretty good experience.

My worst job was working as an E-File clerk at a law firm. I would come in to work, sit in front of a computer at a desk I shared with someone else and I would just upload legal documents to the courthouse. I also filed Foreclosure complaints, which was not as boring at the generic filing, but it got stale pretty quickly. I did this for 8 months, until they finally decided to "promote" me to a Skip Trace Investigator. I actually kind of liked that job. It was engaging and challenging, but my pay stayed the same, and they kicked me off this job after a month, as the person I replaced came back from maternity leave. I quit the day she came back, as they wanted me to go back to e-filing.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Tour guide for a cave
    Is that freelance or hourly at some sort of park type thing?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

5+ Year Old Account
    First job was software developer for a consulting company.
    Had to move from my town and i was there for 2 years, it is also the worst job too,I had hardly anything to do but it still was 43h of having to be looking at the wall.
    Pay was 900€ first year, 1200€ second but it wasnt worth doing nothing so many hours a week so i switched to other company.

Selling Christmas trees with a friend... surprisingly good money back then when i was a teen and still is now... last year he made €44k in December.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Is that freelance or hourly at some sort of park type thing?
    Hourly at a park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worked for a construction company sweeping floors and running equipment to and from the trucks. 'Course, that was all under the table. The first official job I had was delivering pizzas.

first real job, "on the books" was for zumiez, the mall skateshop/clothing store in 2003

worked with some really cool people, had a lot of fun, and got to sell people skateboards which was perfect for me cause i skated ALL THE TIME

First real paying taxes job was working at a video rental store in a small town that only had us. No other company had moved in there yet and we were a mom and pop store. Nothing like a blockbuster or anything like that.

It was amazing and nearly everyone at one point or another came there for the years I was there in high school.

Deleted
    My first job (and the only time I ever worked for someone else) was when i was 16, in retail.

I hated it so much, words cannot describe it. People who work in retail have no ambition and are all seem depressed, the customers are all big mouthed and entitled and I really, really hated to answer to some manager who had reached the end of his "career" and was the most clueless person I had ever met.

I am really grateful that this was my first job experience though, since it fuelled me (and fuelled me HARD) to start my own businesses.