10+ Year Old Account
    Ding ding ding.

Well, it'll get that back by the end of the week. Right? Right?

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...ttering-record

Hey, Trump said that the economy was setting records...right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ding ding ding.

Well, it'll get that back by the end of the week. Right? Right?
    2 days... Trump will be boasting how he saved us from the Greatest Recession on Wednesday.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

I don't understand how you can not see the "Crumbs" comment in context is true. Or is it you can't get past the "talking" points of "crumbs"???
    I do not consider 835 more money to spend each year, crumbs. Maybe you do. Must be nice to be rich if you do. There are literally millions who would love having 835 dollars more each year to spend. For many, that would pay their whole winter gas bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    The Dow is down 1200 points as of right now.
    Good time to buy stocks. If you are into that sort of thing. And if you are really concerned about a market crash and inflation, buy gold or silver.

is this relevant?

edit:
    Before anyone cracks up too much, this truly is fake news.
    https://www.snopes.com/did-trump-twe...ent-dow-joans/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not consider 835 more money to spend each year, crumbs. Maybe you do. Must be nice to be rich if you do. There are literally millions who would love having 835 dollars more each year to spend. For many, that would pay their whole winter gas bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Good time to buy stocks. If you are into that sort of thing. And if you are really concerned about a market crash and inflation, buy gold or silver.

Again you are missing the point of her statement, which is starting to become very clear and you refuse to even try to understand it or maybe that is your point.

Crumbs is not how much money you got relative to how much money you make or have.

its relative to how much money was given to corporations and the rich, relative to the amount you are getting.

Besides even though you will be saving 835 each year your tax return check will be about 150 dollars less because you are paying less taxes. So your real savings is closer to 700ish.

I could also remind you this tax cut currently has no way of paying for itself. Borrowed money will have to be paid back. Less money the feds have to give to states. States will have to tax more. etc etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yeah, and it the tax bill were actually representative of a wage increase said millions would actually have that extra 835 dollars.

Don't let me get in the way of shilling, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Roller coaster is definitely how I'd describe it...
    Seems to have stopped. Good, I want to get off and probably throw up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to have stopped. Good, I want to get off and probably throw up.
    Nope, S&P still going up and down a lot so far today, with an overall downward trend. We'll see how it looks at the end of the week, day to day comparisons aren't really worthwhile.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Nope, S&P still going up and down a lot so far today, with an overall downward trend.
    Ah, see, I usually focus on the DOW, which is basically even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, see, I usually focus on the DOW, which is basically even.
    DOW is designed to more or less always go up. It's only a 30 company average, and if one of them underperforms it gets swapped out.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    The White House once again tries the What He Meant Was approach.

A White House spokesman claimed on Tuesday that President Trump has not focused on the stock market, despite his repeated praise for Wall Street’s post-election rally.

“Obviously the president did tout the stock market, but I would hardly say he focused on it,” White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley said during a Fox Business network appearance.
    "In fact, Trump had little to do with the stock market," Gidley went on to say. "They never met. Dow Jones was basically a coffee boy."