Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Well this is the second time someone has mentioned about interactions with the surface of the water, though the other was a brand new account.

This "leak" seems very inconsistent.
    You say you have a source, but seem very uncertain as to the scope of this big feature of boats despite having apparently that much information.
    Is that due to them not knowing it, which if they could tell you that much seems unlikely as i'd expect such a necessary system to be far better fleshed out.
    I mean you can try to infer whatever you want from my words, but I've conveyed exactly what I know and that's really all I can do. I get what information I get. I don't have screenshots, I don't have details of gameplay mechanics. What I have is boats and water. Water and boats. I guess there will be plenty of time for people to reflect on it after they see it tomorrow; I was just hoping for some more interesting discussion about it today. Alas.

WELCOME TO WATERWORLD OF WARCRAFT....

i want a jet ski attached to my boat...

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I mean you can try to infer whatever you want from my words, but I've conveyed exactly what I know and that's really all I can do. I get what information I get. I don't have screenshots, I don't have details of gameplay mechanics. What I have is boats and water. Water and boats. I guess there will be plenty of time for people to reflect on it after they see it tomorrow; I was just hoping for some more interesting discussion about it today. Alas.
    I am just pointing out what seems to be a problem, the lack of scope
    Such a system as described is a core part of the content.
    It really should have been known what its scope was, and therefore either this source is holding that back, for which I can't find a good reason.
    Or it is false, hence the inability to answer that.

Why tell you that much, and then hold back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    We can probably assume the next Xpack is going to be like 3-4 large zones separated by water that we boat across. Argus is probably a prototype of this
    +1 this

10 chars

I wish I could tell you more, but mostly I'm interested in other peoples' ideas of how this could possibly make for a good expac. My initial reaction upon learning about it was basically, "oh god that sounds terrible," but I've been reassured that there's lots of good stuff here.

Thoughts?
    Assuming you're actually being truthful (I mean it's a possibility given we're going to see the expansion reveal tomorrow), even though I highly doubt it is, that sounds neato if they actually have stuff to explore. I mean it could be like Wind Waker, but hopefully with the fast sail in the remake and not just roaming through water for awhile. We have enough problems with "land only content" in WoD/Legion, really don't need boring hours of roaming on a boat content too.

Also please no heavy underwater content like Vashj'ir.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just pointing out what seems to be a problem, the lack of scope
    Such a system as described is a core part of the content.
    It really should have been known what its scope was, and therefore either this source is holding that back, for which I can't find a good reason.
    Or it is false, hence the inability to answer that.

Why tell you that much, and then hold back.
    I don't know what kind of scope you're looking for. This is someone throwing me a bone occasionally when I badger them for info. I think it's fairly substantial to know that the boats will be used in real-time for player transport (i.e. will be player controlled) and while in combat (i.e. not just glorified mounts), and not something as dumb as Vindicaar 2.0 as many are suggesting. Rather they will be a central element of a large chunk of content at release.

I don't know what kind of scope you're looking for. This is someone throwing me a bone occasionally when I badger them for info. I think it's fairly substantial to know that the boats will be used in real-time for player transport (i.e. will be player controlled) and while in combat (i.e. not just glorified mounts), and not something as dumb as Vindicaar 2.0 as many are suggesting. Rather they will be a central element of a large chunk of content at release.
    That is more than just throwing a bone, that is like saying Garrisons were a minor part of the content in WoD.
    I can't see a good reason why that would not be detailed beyond that.
    You aren't giving me one either, which shows that I have a point.

You are not giving me a reason why they wouldn't detail something which I can't honestly believe wouldn't be fleshed out sufficiently to know that.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is more than just throwing a bone, that is like saying Garrisons were a minor part of the content in WoD.
    I can't see a good reason why that would not be detailed beyond that.
    You aren't giving me one either, which shows that I have a point.

You are not giving me a reason why they wouldn't detail something which I can't honestly believe wouldn't be fleshed out sufficiently to know that.
    I honestly just don't see where you're coming from. You're trying to build some kind of case for the information being false because it is not exactly the right amount of information from your perspective. OK.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because we have all these supposed "leaks", where the OP says they have a "source" but are very vague about it all.. And this is why some are calling all this supposed "leak" as BS..

Really I like the idea of player boats makes things certainly interesting..

I say load all the cannons!
    But to be honest, I can't imagine how well can they make it work, considering we would have to spend at least a year on these boats.

I honestly just don't see where you're coming from. You're trying to build some kind of case for the information being false because it is not exactly the right amount of information from your perspective. OK.
    I am questioning why the vagueness.
    Something you can't give me a good reason for.
    And that is good reason to suspect something is wrong.
    That isn't the right amount of information, as you just described it.

Throwing a bone as you described would be something far less core, which there are plenty of reasons to flesh out more were they willing to tell you that much.
    I don't see why.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-03 at 03:34 AM.

Deleted
    As long as the boats are not just Horde and Alliance themed I'm good. If as an Alliance player I only get a yellow-blue boats then I probably won't last for long.

GUYS WE HAVE A PROBLEM! If this next expansion is about boats shouldn't we fix all the leaks?
    Last edited by Exothermik; 2017-11-03 at 03:45 AM.

I am questioning why the vagueness.
    Something you can't give me a good reason for.
    And that is good reason to suspect something is wrong.
    That isn't the right amount of information, as you just described it.

Throwing a bone as you described would be something far less core, which there are plenty of reasons to flesh out more were they willing to tell you that much.
    I don't see why.
    Why are you so aggressive about wanting more info about this if you are about to get it in 2 days anyway? You seem suspiciously interrogative so you can get closer to knowing this source? . You are seeming more like a cop than an interested gamer....

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Why are you so aggressive about wanting more info about this if you are about to get it in 2 days anyway? You seem suspiciously interrogative so you can get closer to knowing this source? . You are seeming more like a narc than an interested gamer....
    I asked a question.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    They can't give a good answer, because they don't have one.

I am not dismissing it, I am asking why that vagueness.
    And I was not the only one, so don't be such a hypocrite and deem your similar judgement fine when mine isn't.

I could get down with ships like Black Desert Online or Windwaker. Would be fun. I hope they focus on the experience being fun rather than forcing it to get along with things like professions. Because that'd in all likelihood just make it all suck outside of the idea sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I could get down with ships like Black Desert Online or Windwaker. Would be fun. I hope they focus on the experience being fun rather than forcing it to get along with things like professions. Because that'd in all likelihood just make it all suck outside of the idea sphere.
    Get ready for the new ARTIFACT SHIPS with the possibility of maxing the talent tree with only infinity minus 1 point earned through ocean quests involving killing the same mobs reskinned over one million times. Dont forget that fishing will be required for all professions since there will be no land and swimming to herb would take forever. On the bright side im hoping i can tame a whale for my hunter and name it "your mom".

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked a question.
    Nothing wrong with that.

And I was not the only one, so don't be such a hypocrite and deem your similar judgement fine when mine isn't.
    You'll get your answers tomorrow. No one here owes you anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked a question.
    Nothing wrong with that.

Sorry I can't satisfy your curiosity here. I have provided all the information I have. We could attempt psychoanalyze the source's reasons for giving me exactly as much information as they did, but that would be an exercise in futility. You're making a bigger deal out of it than it is. I had a conversation with someone. I came away with this. That's pretty much the end of it.

If you give me a list of specific questions you have, I'll be happy to go back in time and ask them, assuming I can find a time machine.

- - - Updated - - -

On the bright side im hoping i can tame a whale for my hunter and name it "your mom".
    This is quite compelling. If we can't tame whales now I'm going to be disappointed.

Get ready for the new ARTIFACT SHIPS with the possibility of maxing the talent tree with only infinity minus 1 point earned through ocean quests involving killing the same mobs reskinned over one million times. Dont forget that fishing will be required for all professions since there will be no land and swimming to herb would take forever. On the bright side im hoping i can tame a whale for my hunter and name it "your mom".
    I can see it now. You're using a hook-pulley to grapple up seaweed, treasure chests, and ore veins, minding your fishing nets, and suddenly you get a snag. You reel up the catch only to find... that it fizzled. You got a chunk of coral and clams. But at least the clam had a pearl to power up your ship. You go back to fishing, crying as the rain sets in. A giant eel hits the side of the boat. Now you have to repair it. (Womp womp womp.)