Thread: New Hero: Moira

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Sorry but I don't really think that's proof, not to be rude but based on your posts in the megathread it's impossible for you to make that claim, heroes like Tracer are also mediocre where you are and no one would claim she's bad.

Not saying Moira is incredible because I don't know and I haven't played her much but she certainly seems really good in deathballs.

Doesn't she heal through barriers? I know she damages through it for sure.
    Barriers make it hard for mer to recharger her M1.

In my experience Moira is best used when your team and the enemy are grouped up. If everyone is scattered all over the place both her M1 and orb lose a lot of their value.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but I don't really think that's proof, not to be rude but based on your posts in the megathread it's impossible for you to make that claim, heroes like Tracer are also mediocre where you are and no one would claim she's bad.
    Tracer is actually pretty good here. I'm an average player and I can play her fairly well.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Barriers make it hard for mer to recharger her M1.

In my experience Moira is best used when your team and the enemy are grouped up. If everyone is scattered all over the place both her M1 and orb lose a lot of their value.
    I disagree on the orb. Most flankers are squishies and if you send an orb after them you will either kill them or make them run for the hills to get a health pack. By doing this you are buying your team time and space. When they are bunched up the damage is split between them and you will only kill embarrassment if they are low already and they don’t to have heals. Dead enemies are worth more than wounded ones.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-21 at 03:23 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I disagree on the orb. Most flankers are squishies and if you send an orb after them you will either kill them or make them run for the hills to get a health pack. By doing this you are buying your team time and space. When they are bunched up the damage is split between them and you will only kill embarrassment if they are low already and they don’t to have heals. Dead enemies are worth more than wounded ones.
    I dunno, I just don't ever see a half decent Tracer or Genji taking any sort of appreciable damage from an orb unless they engage you in close quarters where you can bounce it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genji has the strongest 'barrier' in the game, soaks unlimited damage and deflects it to someone you want dead; also arguably the best mobility in the game for evading damage. Tracer meanwhile has the highest effective health pool of all DPS except Bastion, but unlike Bastion, also has incredible mobility. By no means are these heroes "squishy".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    By no means are these heroes "squishy".
    You just tried to say Tracer isn't 'squishy' because she can recall...squishy means she will explode with the least amount of damage, which she does.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You just tried to say Tracer isn't 'squishy' because she can recall...squishy means she will explode with the least amount of damage, which she does.
    There are literally 2 burst combos/OHKs in the game that can make use of that without giving chance to Recall, which won’t also kill a 200hp hero. It actually makes very little practical difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Genji has the strongest 'barrier' in the game, soaks unlimited damage and deflects it to someone you want dead; also arguably the best mobility in the game for evading damage. Tracer meanwhile has the highest effective health pool of all DPS except Bastion, but unlike Bastion, also has incredible mobility. By no means are these heroes "squishy".
    Genji can’t deflect the orb or Moira’s right click. If he is on a flank By himself he is either dead or hauling ass to a health pack instead of attacking like they’ve wanted to be because of one orb. If Tracer is using recall to survive the orb she isn’t using it in the fight to drop her bomb safely. Drawing out her recall buys my team time and higher potential of killing her when she can’t use it when she wants to. Orb comes off cooldown faster than her recall.

And yes they are squishy as they have small health pools. Moira tickles Rhog regardless of his breather. In deathmatch if I run into a Rhog I just run away because it is a waste of my time. Yesterday I got in a match with 4 Rhog sand just switched to Reaper and won with the second place having 13 kills to my 20 by farming rhogs.

I eat up genjis, Tracer and Pharahs as Moira and frankly that makes me very happy, especially the pharahs. Moira is best on maps with ceilings but I will start to drain a Pharah and then orb her ass even without a ceiling just to get rid of her annoying ass.

Moira has been nerfed on ptr, to get her beam to soft lock on you have to aim much better as the hitbox has been reduced.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-21 at 02:19 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Genji can’t deflect the orb or Moira’s right click. If he is on a flank By himself he is either dead or hauling ass to a health pack instead of attacking like they’ve wanted to be because of one orb. If Tracer is using recall to survive the orb she isn’t using it in the fight to drop her bomb safely. Drawing out her recall buys my team time and higher potentially of killing her when she can’t use it when she wants to. Orb comes off cooldown faster than her recall.

And yes they are squishy as they have small health pools. Moira tickles Rhog regardless of his breather. In deathmatch if I run into a Rhog I just run away because it is a waste of my time. Yesterday I got in a match with 4 Rhog sand just switched to Reaper and won with the second place having 13 kills to my 20 by farming rhogs.

I eat up genjis, Tracer and Pharahs as Moira and frankly that makes me very happy, especially the pharahs. Moira is best on maps with ceilings but I will start to drain a Pharah and then orb her ass even without a ceiling just to get rid of her annoying ass.

Moira has been nerfed on ptr, to get her beam to soft lock on you have to aim much better as the hitbox has been reduced.
    I'm confident I've seen reflected damage orbs, pretty sure he can do that.

Also not entirely sure how you beat Tracer's and Pharah on Moira that easily but alright.

And Tracer is definitely squishy, Genji not really.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-11-21 at 02:15 PM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Genji can’t deflect the orb or Moira’s right click.
    He can deflect both kind of orbs. Heal and damage.

Also not entirely sure how you beat Tracer's and Pharah on Moira that easily but alright.
    It depends on your aim. If you can track tracers movement, she is a goner. And if you can avoid getting hit by phara and she did not take of from somewhere above you, you can still get her.

Aim? Hell in deathmatch I beat a Pharah who won the match in a small room who was trying to ult me down, orb + healing right click damage beam + fade relocate. Pop!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Morgan View Post
    He can deflect both kind of orbs. Heal and damage.
    He can deflect the orbs, not the orbs beams.

Formerly known as Arafal

Haven’t seen it yet, i’ve Killed tons of genjis because I don’t fire them directly at him, much like flash grenades... the orb has medium range and bounces make it hard to predict its path. I love seeing a Tracer, McCree, Genji ducking into a hallway, “SICK BALLS CHOPPER!!!” Then again with Genji I just right click him down, the bad ones try to use deflect to survive and the good ones use swift strike to GTFO. Either way he gotta go or he is gone. If he is running away he is not getting his objectives. Now I am sure I will run into a few genjis who are absolutely amazing and untouchable but for the most part Moira cuts through him like a scalpel.

My experience with Moira has been similar to @DeadmanWalking, I can make Genjis and Tracers think twice about coming anywhere near my team. I do have a tough time tracking Tracer though. I also don't throw the orbs straight at Genji, because I always figured he could reflect them.

I also cannot explain how great it feels to make a Genji flee and he runs into your orb and it finishes him off. So. Good.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

I never have a problem with Tracers, I’ve been doing fps since Doom and duke nukem and I aim for heads without thinking to. You kids and your ball shaped Junkrat grenades, in my day they were pipe shaped, bounced like footballs and could be detonated anytime after they left your gun so really good demomen could get headshots if they timed it right.

Pharah is easy squeeze, Moira has a much longer range than she looks to have and all it requires is to give her some extra special attention. Remember than when you fade you can relocate and still track her movement, she can’t tell where you went as quickly. I murdered one in a small room last night in deathmatch who tried to ult me. She was good too, unfortunately for her I had set up a death trap for Sombra, whose teleporter I found and I bounced a damage orb into the ceiling so it could not bounce out a door, then I focused on the teleporter with right click, she ports in and dies. At that moment Pharah comes in an starts eating ceiling orb which I immiediately replace with a new orb, then it is leech time. She ults and I fade across the room and burn her down. Finne.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really enjoying her but I feel she definitely takes a lot of practice to get the nuance down. Though I do find it hard to get used to using her fade since she's the only support with a straight up run away ability.

well she got stealth nerfed on the ptr, not sure if it's a bug yet or a nerf but they nerfed her weapon. It's now extremely hard to hit with, it's hitbox is less than zaryas 0% beam and has almost no tracking.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    well she got stealth nerfed on the ptr, not sure if it's a bug yet or a nerf but they nerfed her weapon. It's now extremely hard to hit with, it's hitbox is less than zaryas 0% beam and has almost no tracking.
    How is putting your target reticle directly over the target 'extremely hard to hit'? I mean seriously you could miss a guy before by one full body width and be rewarded with a kill, god forbid in a shooting game you actually have to put a reticle over your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I was told that the ptr nerf for Moira was actually a bug and it'll be fixed back, granted I didn't request the source but I trust my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is putting your target reticle directly over the target 'extremely hard to hit'? I mean seriously you could miss a guy before by one full body width and be rewarded with a kill, god forbid in a shooting game you actually have to put a reticle over your opponent.
    It needs to lock like Symmetra's beam for it to start ticking damage, and it unlocking so easily causes a significant loss of damage. If it worked like Zarya's beam, it'd be less of a problem.