Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dunno. It takes out half the issues that kept me from spending more than a few minutes feeling nostalgic on a private server- that it'll vanish without notice one day. Then again, I still don't have time for Vanilla and don't really want to relive the class design or how the Horde didn't have enough content to actually get to 60.

But for people who really want this- grats! Have fun guys!

Ironforge is going to be the place to hang out again

I remember in Vanilla we could kite some mad Bosses (elites) to Ironforge & Stormwind
    and everyone would join in in the fight.

So MUCH fUN

Lord Kazzak from the Blasted lands can be kited to Stormwind in old Wow Vanilla

The guy even sounded like it's hard as balls to do ( I highly doubt it is. ) with the "ya know those server blades we auctioned off?..Yea..Gonna need those back.."
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Vanilla it's not hard. It's just very time consuming and very tedious. Vanilla is not something you log in for 1h and accomplish anything outside of fishing some Stone Eels or leveling some more if you are not max level.

Wanna do a dungeon? Better have 2h+ time.
    I KNOW, i played in Vanila. My point is, I am looking forward to it, I remember farming elite mobs In the hand of Tyr, just for the Silvers they could drop, for that was a legit way of farming money(maybe one of my most Vanila moments) but Many people have this great nostagia about the game, and a lot of it comes back to, the communty was just better back then, not as toxic, and Many quailies of life improvemens are going to hurt when they are removed.
    All of this added on the time consuming part. Not saying it will fail, but many people will have a harsh awakening when they see how it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    FTFY, I mean come on, if it took you more than an hour to run any of the end game dungeons you were doing it wrong. That includes having the friendslist/guild to ensure you aren't spending an hour forming the group.
    The timed run for Strat Baron was 40min and that was one of the shorter Instances. And you are not going to start with BWL/AQ+ level equip either.

BRD was even longer, even if you skipped some of the instances. And you have to factor in travel time, because someone needs to go there, even if you are getting ported.

Buuuut, I think 2 hours today (playing Vanilla content with Vanilla talents/gear today) may be an overestimation, but it's still not very casual friendly.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2017-11-03 at 11:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    The guy even sounded like it's hard as balls to do ( I highly doubt it is. ) with the "ya know those server blades we auctioned off?..Yea..Gonna need those back.."
    If you don't realize he was making a joke saying that, then you need to take that huge wooden board off your head

Deleted
    Did anyone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] ??

This is going to bring back so many players, i dont think people understand the magnitude. This is 100% going to be the most popular game on twitch when it launches, people that have real jobs making 6 figures are going to take vacation time for this lol. This will be the most fun people had in a video game in years.

Deleted
    YES!! been stuck playing shady private servers for 5 years finally it happend.

The timed run for Strat Baron was 40min and that was one of the shorter Instances. And you are not going to start with BWL/AQ+ level equip either.

BRD was even longer, even if you skipped some of the instances.
    Strat Baron run was 45 minutes which I'll grant you was *hard* to achieve in Dungeon blues, depending on group composition. BRD was only longer if you weredoing a quest run. If you wanted 7D it was really not much more than 30 mins from entrance (assuming you have the key) through Grim Guzzler > Flamelash > 7D, if you were farming Emperor, even less. Scholomance was probably the hardest to do quickly; simply because you couldn't shortcut to Gandling at all.

I think you're underestimating how much more people understand about how WoW works compared to over a decade ago. Raid bosses die in under 30 seconds. Dungeons are cleared fast unless your tank is a doddering idiot or semi AFK or w/e.

And this isn't intended as some "I'm really good at WoW" bragpost because I absolutely am not. But Vanilla is REALLY easy. Unforgiving in some ways certainly; but nevertheless.

EDIT: seen your finished post; yes, sometimes travel time waits added a considerable amount of time to the run especially as a proportion of how long the run took. And maybe due to my own disposition (outgoing, friendly, polite *cough* at least in game if not on forums *cough*) I've never really struggled to find players to run stuff in the same way that others report. So maybe the "doing it wrong" comment was unfair. But I do think players that act kinda assholey in game then complain about it taking a long time to find a group are missing the point of an MMO in the way Vanilla turned out, where server reputation matters (well, more than in modern versions).
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2017-11-03 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    It needs to be a 100% replica if this is going to work, you cant do one thing that opens pandoras box.
    Personally , I would like to see a patch ''1.13'' (i know it doesnt exist) .. I'm just saying that they could fix a lot of shit. I'd like to see more viable specs for Raiding, a token system for tier pieces, better itemization (fuck off agi/spirit mail), some class balance and some changes in the talents tree.

Deleted
    Thanks for promoting your channel.
    Its not me, i just thought it was funny xD

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    text
    Yes, I acknowledged that in my edit

Vanilla announcement should tell you about overall state of the game, game is probably at its lowest in terms of subs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    Personally , I would like to see a patch ''1.13'' (i know it doesnt exist) .. I'm just saying that they could fix a lot of shit. I'd like to see more viable specs for Raiding, a token system for tier pieces, better itemization (fuck off agi/spirit mail), some class balance and some changes in the talents tree.
    Right but the next guy has another list that he believe would improve vanilla, you simply cannot go down that path if this is going to work.

Some people liked having to balance int gear with strength playing a pally tank, its just not something you can change and have a vanilla experience that everyone remembers.

That is called "TBC" or "WotLK" I believe.

Deleted
    Nah none of that, just release the game as it was in 1.0, and release the patches over time, without silithus and strat so they have to grind mobs from 55-60 and then grind scarlet crusade mobs for weeks to get gold for their lvl 60 mount. I wanna see the rosetinted-glasses folks suffer

no dungeon finder so they have to stand in IF for 3 hours to get a group for 4 hour brd run, Going back to IF to replace half the party 3-4 times during the run etc.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-11-03 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to hear more about it!

Wish they had a panel

Yes, I acknowledged that in my edit
    Hehe, yeah same lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbys View Post
    Oh please, the pathetic individuals who can't adapt to change will play the server maybe 3-4 months tops before it becomes empty, you can't relive how it felt to play a new world by stripping a game down to its core. And you are delusional if you think this will be fun. Just another time sink blizz is wasting valuable resources on when it would be better spent elsewhere

How can you speak on something you know nothing about? You know nothing of their resources, nor do you know how they distribute them. The only knowledge you have of these resources is that they've got people working on it. You don't know how many people they have on each team. You don't know how many days/hours each of those people put in on these games. They'll probably have a set-up similar to Old School RuneScape. They'll have their own team, meaning nothing will be taken away from the live servers. They make enough money they can fund a separate team. If you think they're putting every dollar of profit back into the live servers, you're sorely mistaken. Which is probably the root of the problem. People don't think, so they see only that money is being spent on something other than WoW: Live servers. They fear it's taking away from the main game. They scream and shout that the sky is falling.